Sep 2004
    Maybe next year meron na yan

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rebsinfx View Post
    bakit walang 4x2 AT 2.8L version?
    Price conditioning phase pa kasi,

If the MT 4x2 gets a following, then definitely + 100k ang launching ng AT

If the MT 4x2 is a flop, then they' ll just price the 4x2 AT nearer to the MT. At least the base price is set

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Just came home from Chevrolet North EDSA's anniv. They let me test drive the White LTZ Trailblazer of TCCCI. Here are my thoughts (I'm comparing it to my Montero Sport):

- Ride is the best in its class, miles ahead from the ride of the Montero Sport and tens of miles ahead from the ride of the Fortuner, and my friend confirmed it because he sat on the 2nd row and during the final leg of the test drive, at the 3rd row. He already sat on the 2nd and 3rd row of my Montero Sport. In short the ride was comparable to the ride of our Gen. 2 Expedition.

- The 2.8L Duramax Diesel is also the most powerful in its class, not just on paper, but also in actual. You could feel some negative G-forces when you floor the accelerator pedal. But there is some turbo lag at speeds below 40 kph and when the RPM is around 1,000-1,400 RPM, but not as prominent as the turbo lag of the non VGT 2.5 DI-D of the Montero Sport and Strada. Definitely more powerful than my 3.2 Montero Sport GLS SE

- The stock HU only produces decent SQ, but you can barely hear the sounds when the volume is below 20. That's where those decent China brand DVD/GPS/TV HUs and the branded ones come into place. Also, it has 4 tweeters and 4 coaxial speakers. SQ is a bit better than that of the Montero Sport and Fortuner.

- When your phone is connected to the stock HU via Bluetooth, you cannot play your phone's music thru the stock HU. It's only for calling and answering calls. (The stock JVC HU of Montero Sport allows me to play music from my phone via Bluetooth)

- You can program the speed limit warning to any speed. I programmed the test drive unit's speed limit warning to 60 kph, and when I exceeded 60 kph, the Trailblazer emits a warning buzzer.

- There's also a seatbelt warning buzzer if you're not wearing a seatbelt.

- Engine is not that noisy like what the Thai reviewers were saying. I'd say my Montero Sport's 3.2 engine is a lot noisier than the Trailblazer's 2.8 engine. But the 3.0 engine of the Fortuner is a lot quieter than the Trailblazer's 2.8 engine.

- There is no wind noise that the Thai reviewers were also saying. I was speeding at 100 kph and I didn't hear any wind noise.

- Brakes is a bit stronger than the brakes of the Montero Sport with rear disc brakes

- Steering is lighter than the steering of the Montero Sport.

- Stock headlamp uses projector halogen bulbs, but the light output is comparable to the light output of the projector halogen bulbs of the Montero Sport and Gen. 1.5 Fortuner. (You need to install a plug and play HID to have a better illumination)

Route of the test drive is Chevy North EDSA- southbound u turn slot near Monumento- northbound u turn slot after LRT Roosevelt Station-Chevy North EDSA. Road surface is concrete with some potholes.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Go with the VKool OEM 05 Tints! 78% heat rejection and also, YGPM
    bakit po parang wala syang rear aircon? hehe..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Just came home from Chevrolet North EDSA's anniv. They let me test drive the White LTZ Trailblazer of TCCCI. Here are my thoughts (I'm comparing it to my Montero Sport):

- Ride is the best in its class, miles ahead from the ride of the Montero Sport and tens of miles ahead from the ride of the Fortuner, and my friend confirmed it because he sat on the 2nd row and during the final leg of the test drive, at the 3rd row. He already sat on the 2nd and 3rd row of my Montero Sport. In short the ride was comparable to the ride of our Gen. 2 Expedition.

- The 2.8L Duramax Diesel is also the most powerful in its class, not just on paper, but also in actual. You could feel some negative G-forces when you floor the accelerator pedal. But there is some turbo lag at speeds below 40 kph and when the RPM is around 1,000-1,400 RPM, but not as prominent as the turbo lag of the non VGT 2.5 DI-D of the Montero Sport and Strada. Definitely more powerful than my 3.2 Montero Sport GLS SE

- The stock HU only produces decent SQ, but you can barely hear the sounds when the volume is below 20. That's where those decent China brand DVD/GPS/TV HUs and the branded ones come into place. Also, it has 4 tweeters and 4 coaxial speakers. SQ is a bit better than that of the Montero Sport and Fortuner.

- When your phone is connected to the stock HU via Bluetooth, you cannot play your phone's music thru the stock HU. It's only for calling and answering calls. (The stock JVC HU of Montero Sport allows me to play music from my phone via Bluetooth)

- You can program the speed limit warning to any speed. I programmed the test drive unit's speed limit warning to 60 kph, and when I exceeded 60 kph, the Trailblazer emits a warning buzzer.

- There's also a seatbelt warning buzzer if you're not wearing a seatbelt.

- Engine is not that noisy like what the Thai reviewers were saying. I'd say my Montero Sport's 3.2 engine is a lot noisier than the Trailblazer's 2.8 engine. But the 3.0 engine of the Fortuner is a lot quieter than the Trailblazer's 2.8 engine.

- There is no wind noise that the Thai reviewers were also saying. I was speeding at 100 kph and I didn't hear any wind noise.

- Brakes is a bit stronger than the brakes of the Montero Sport with rear disc brakes

- Steering is lighter than the steering of the Montero Sport.

- Stock headlamp uses projector halogen bulbs, but the light output is comparable to the light output of the projector halogen bulbs of the Montero Sport and Gen. 1.5 Fortuner. (You need to install a plug and play HID to have a better illumination)

Route of the test drive is Chevy North EDSA- southbound u turn slot near Monumento- northbound u turn slot after LRT Roosevelt Station-Chevy North EDSA. Road surface is concrete with some potholes.
    Kung gayun ok yan first American diesel suv that rides like an expedition.

Pakasal na kayo numbah5 lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn0417 View Post
    bakit po parang wala syang rear aircon? hehe..
    Raise your glance towards the ceiling sir, you should find there what you are looking for.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Excellent review numbah5. How would you rank trailblazer's NVH levels compared to an MS, a Fort and a noisy popcorn?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    Excellent review numbah5. How would you rank trailblazer's NVH levels compared to an MS, a Fort and a noisy popcorn?
    I'd say NVH levels are much better than the MS, but the Fort's NVH levels are slightly better. Compared to a noisy and KSP OB, millions of miles ahead.

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer