New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I just got my Orlando last Month, looking for Orlando Club, is there any existing in the Philippines? Also, does anybody have idea or instruction how to remove the headunit and replaced with one with DVD/GPS? I have one coming ordered from the net that should replace and like OEM, I just need to figure where to start to remove the stock headunit and install the replacement :-)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bulubuk1976 View Post
    Guys,

I just want to share my experience with my new Orlando. I got it last Feb 20 and so far I am loving it. I went driving last weekend to subic to get a feel of its FC. I got an almost 12km per liter (8.5l/100km) from tollgate to tollgate. I usually drive it around Angeles City and I am getting 8km/l max. So far, It's a great experience driving it and comfort is a good trade off if you are not satisfied with its FC. Ang galing ng cruise control niya very relaxing of course with its very helpful armrest on the driver side. What I also like is that its lighting are all automatic, when it is set in an automode, it will turn them on and off depending on the need.

Thought I'd share this info.
    sir, taga-rito ka rin ba sa Angeles City?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kentgil View Post
    magkaiba anf segment nyang tucson at orlando ah
    Saw that video before pero ilan months narin since they declared it so you wonder if they're still going through with this given the lukewarm reception of the market to the Orlando. I'm still seeing some new units though on the road and hopefully this picks up.

*nonpareil, we were three in the car plus our stuff and purchases from Subic Duty free. Meron pang ibibigay yung kotse pero hindi ko na talaga tinodo, I'm sure it could have reached at least 180 given the proper prodding.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Im actually about to buy a Subaru XV but since ang tagal marelease, I started browsing and saw some second hand Orlandos being sold. What do you guys think? Are they worlds apart? Or may ilalaban ang Orlando? Fuel consumption is really bad it seems for the Orlando. Looks nice though, and has 7 seats.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kaeru View Post
    Im actually about to buy a Subaru XV but since ang tagal marelease, I started browsing and saw some second hand Orlandos being sold. What do you guys think? Are they worlds apart? Or may ilalaban ang Orlando? Fuel consumption is really bad it seems for the Orlando. Looks nice though, and has 7 seats.
    Hi there sir, hmmm. Why not buy a brand new orlando instead? are you looking for a gas engine or a diesel engine? The Subaru XV is actually in a different category, it is a crossover. Chev Orlando is more of a SUV/MPV type of car. Fuel consumption? bad? not really, I'm hitting 10-11km/liter for high way driving, 8-9km/liter city driving, not bad right? Yes, the seven seater Orlando can really seat 7 people comfortably.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kingperot24 View Post
    Hi there sir, hmmm. Why not buy a brand new orlando instead? are you looking for a gas engine or a diesel engine? The Subaru XV is actually in a different category, it is a crossover. Chev Orlando is more of a SUV/MPV type of car. Fuel consumption? bad? not really, I'm hitting 10-11km/liter for high way driving, 8-9km/liter city driving, not bad right? Yes, the seven seater Orlando can really seat 7 people comfortably.
    Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. My biggest issue is the 1.8 engine. I can't imagine why this was placed in a 7-seater. Someone here said its not a problem, but almost all reviews I read say to avoid the 1.8. Unfortunately its the only variant we have here. Yes the XV and Orlando are in different categories. Its just that I am playing with the thought of which is better for me 5 or 7 seater since I use two child seats which take up an entire row. The trade off I see is (apart from the price of course), the Orlando is less safe, relatively, due to the absence of side airbags and non-AWD, less dependable (compared to the Subaru at least), and poorer drive and lower resale value (I assume). Its pros are well, its a 7 seater, and not only that, it is well spaced, it is cheaper, I actually like how it looks a lot, boot space is huge.

The milage you quote is interesting. That seems to be the consensus for an XV as well but people have been posting the Orlando getting 7km/l city only. Pound for pound,the XV is obviously the better car, but I just can't seem to turn away from the Orlando completely.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    for an additional 130T you can already get the 2.5 Liter 4x2 Duramax diesel engine, 5-Manual Transmission Chevy Trailblazer..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. My biggest issue is the 1.8 engine. I can't imagine why this was placed in a 7-seater. Someone here said its not a problem, but almost all reviews I read say to avoid the 1.8. Unfortunately its the only variant we have here. Yes the XV and Orlando are in different categories. Its just that I am playing with the thought of which is better for me 5 or 7 seater since I use two child seats which take up an entire row. The trade off I see is (apart from the price of course), the Orlando is less safe, relatively, due to the absence of side airbags and non-AWD, less dependable (compared to the Subaru at least), and poorer drive and lower resale value (I assume). Its pros are well, its a 7 seater, and not only that, it is well spaced, it is cheaper, I actually like how it looks a lot, boot space is huge.

The milage you quote is interesting. That seems to be the consensus for an XV as well but people have been posting the Orlando getting 7km/l city only. Pound for pound,the XV is obviously the better car, but I just can't seem to turn away from the Orlando completely.
    The 1.8 engine may look very weak on paper, but it is not what you think about it. The 1.8 engine I'll tell you is a good performer, it executes the job pretty well. With regards to safety features, Orlando has 6 airbags, it also has the crash sensor technology that unlocks the door automatically when an impact is detected.

The fuel efficiency depends on your driving style, I am a heavy-footed driver, but still I am managing 10-11 km/liter on a highway trip.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kingperot24 View Post
    The 1.8 engine may look very weak on paper, but it is not what you think about it. The 1.8 engine I'll tell you is a good performer, it executes the job pretty well. With regards to safety features, Orlando has 6 airbags, it also has the crash sensor technology that unlocks the door automatically when an impact is detected.

The fuel efficiency depends on your driving style, I am a heavy-footed driver, but still I am managing 10-11 km/liter on a highway trip.
    Are you sure about the 6 airbags? I visited the showroom and they said it only has driver and passenger airbags.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Are you sure about the 6 airbags? I visited the showroom and they said it only has driver and passenger airbags.
    Yes sir, I am very sure it has 6 airbags, mali yung showroom na vinisit niyo

2012 Chevrolet Orlando