New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    to owners of Orlando, how is the FC city and highway? I guess it is in the range of 6 kms per liter city and 9 kms per liter for highway.. hindi ba under power sa highway and uphill yung 1.8 li engine nya specially if loaded with 7 passengers? yung kasing 2.0 li engine ng xtrail ko under powered sya sa highway and uphill with 5 passengers. i'm really interested in getting the Orlando as a family car. i hope they come out with a crdi vgt powered Orlando with a price of less than 1.3M.

there are two slightly used Orlando units for sale at sulit and i am seriously considering any of the two.

thanks sa info.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    no offense to orlando owners but i havent seen much orlando in the streets.. i can count about 5 sightings since this was launched and that's it. and it odd to find in the internet ads there are two units for sale, one is only 4 months old with 2,800 kms in the odometer and the other i guess older by a few months. one wonders if it is the engine that's a turn-off to would be buyers because it really appears under powered.. chevy should have equipped the orlando with the CRDi engine of the Captiva or the Colorado.. but then again, the price would be equal if not more than the captiva.. hope to get feedback from the owners here about their grievances on the orlando for the guidance of potential buyers.. thanks and peace..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    yes, I seldom see Orlando in the road nowadays. Any first hand experience from Orland owners? how's your ride?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    to think that the gizmos (auto light, rain sensing wipers, cruise control) in the orlando are far better than the lack of it with the innova, carens, grand livina. even the styling inside and out are better than competitors. maybe the badge and the engine gives the innova and livina an edge over the orlando.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman_2nd View Post
    to think that the gizmos (auto light, rain sensing wipers, cruise control) in the orlando are far better than the lack of it with the innova, carens, grand livina. even the styling inside and out are better than competitors. maybe the badge and the engine gives the innova and livina an edge over the orlando.
    isama mo na ang price... SUV na Montero/Sorento katapat, mas malaki pa

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    they need to have more options, like trim levels na at par with innova. like a base model? sayang ito, around 800-900k can grab attention

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    no offense to orlando owners but i havent seen much orlando in the streets.. i can count about 5 sightings since this was launched and that's it. and it odd to find in the internet ads there are two units for sale, one is only 4 months old with 2,800 kms in the odometer and the other i guess older by a few months. one wonders if it is the engine that's a turn-off to would be buyers because it really appears under powered.. chevy should have equipped the orlando with the CRDi engine of the Captiva or the Colorado.. but then again, the price would be equal if not more than the captiva.. hope to get feedback from the owners here about their grievances on the orlando for the guidance of potential buyers.. thanks and peace..
    No offense taken, as mentioned in the previous pages of this thread my city FC is around 7-8 km/l and Highway is 12-14 km/l. Of course driving style will definitely be a factor and I consider myself a thrifty driver although I do tend to drive fast but I don't step hard on the gas. The only reason I would want to have the CRDi engine is for the obvious benefit of buying cheaper gas, the current 1.8l gas engine in my opinion is enough for my needs. I'm also saddened of not seeing that many of the Orlando on the road but at the same time I like being 'unique' and getting those looks from people when they see a different car. I guess part of the reason buyers are shying away from this car is Chevy chose to be greedy and immediately increased their prices by 50k prompting potential customers to think twice and look at the competition. I really LOVE all the features the car has, I admit I'm lazy or forget to do things like turn on my headlights or wipers and I take it for granted that this car does it for me automatically, when I go into an underpass or into basement parking. When I alight from the car to walk into a mall the guards always ask me if I forgot to turn off my headlights and I smile back replying it will turn off on its own. The mechanized folding side mirrors are also quite cool, frees up that little space you need to squeeze by when you're in parking or if driving in bumper to bumper traffic trying to squeeze in to a free lane and avoid hitting the mirrors on your left and right. The other day I found out a new feature of its alarm, if a door is only partly closed and you arm the system it won't sound the horn. I thought something was wrong with the alarm but later found the door that wasn't closed tightly. Now that I know it would be easy to find out if a passenger didn't close any of the doors that well. I had a conversation with a friend who is a new Hyundai owner and just did the first 5k PMS. The dealer pointed out to him that he should have brought the car in on the first three months because its 5k or 3months whichever comes first. If you think about it having that small of a window to have to bring your car in for its maintenance is going to cost you in the long run, its devious that they're doing this probably to make up for offering a 5 year warranty. But Chevy or at least this car will only have you come in for PMS every 10k so in that regard I consider myself lucky. Plus Chevy is actually tops in customer service for the second year running. Nuff said.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    thank you for your informative reply sir specailly about your FC. But how is the 1.8 li engine coping with the heavy body plus if you load it with 7 passengers? how is the performance in the NLEX?SCTEX?SLEX? i really like the high tech equipments of the orlando but my big concern really is the engine and the PMS costs for chevy. we had an optra before and were not happy with chevy after sales service during that time. maybe they have vastly improved now being tops in the customer service survey. that's a plus.

i agree with you about hyundai cars. i just recently bought a 2nd hand santa fe with now 30t kms on the odometer. i bought this car for its engine and 7 seater capacity. plus the good information i gathered from the santa fe owners who are very much active in the club and here at tsikot. but i am due for its first pms and already having headaches with the cost of the pms and their famous tag line "THE WARRANTY WILL BE VOID IF YOU DONT PURCHASE THE PARTS FROM US". Oh well, that comes with the 5 year warranty they are boasting about.

i hope i can have the opportunity to test drive the orlando and the owners, though not many, can actively share their experiences with their orlando, be it good or bad for the benefit of potential buyers. this MPV/CUV truly deserves a second look.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    thank you for your informative reply sir specailly about your FC. But how is the 1.8 li engine coping with the heavy body plus if you load it with 7 passengers? how is the performance in the NLEX?SCTEX?SLEX? i really like the high tech equipments of the orlando but my big concern really is the engine and the PMS costs for chevy. we had an optra before and were not happy with chevy after sales service during that time. maybe they have vastly improved now being tops in the customer service survey. that's a plus.

i agree with you about hyundai cars. i just recently bought a 2nd hand santa fe with now 30t kms on the odometer. i bought this car for its engine and 7 seater capacity. plus the good information i gathered from the santa fe owners who are very much active in the club and here at tsikot. but i am due for its first pms and already having headaches with the cost of the pms and their famous tag line "THE WARRANTY WILL BE VOID IF YOU DONT PURCHASE THE PARTS FROM US". Oh well, that comes with the 5 year warranty they are boasting about.

i hope i can have the opportunity to test drive the orlando and the owners, though not many, can actively share their experiences with their orlando, be it good or bad for the benefit of potential buyers. this MPV/CUV truly deserves a second look.
    The most I've transported on a provincial trip(Bataan) is 6 people(including myself) with 5 adults. That time I thought the Orlando drove fairly well and didn't really notice that the added weight changed anything except maybe getting up to speed from a full stop. I was able to get up to 140 on occasion but that was rare since I didn't want to get issued a speeding ticket on the highway. In the city I've had more frequent trips with a full load sometimes fitting in 7-8 passengers going on company lunches and also didn't notice any difference. They key thing is to avoid staying in the low gears for long because thats what will really eat up the FC. The Orlando is very good at conserving fuel once you're in 6th gear.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    To all who were asking how the ride performs, in general, it is excellent. The Chevrolet Orlando is not under-powered, for a 1.8L it is very surprising how it performs with at least 6-7 people inside including the driver. I drive our Orlando frequently and I can say that the power is superb for a 1.8L gas engine. The only downside of the ride is the blower of the air-con for 2nd and 3rd row, the blower can suffice the 2nd and 3rd row but comments are bombarding me that it is not that cold compared to other cars. I believe this is due to the small blowers below the knee.

2012 Chevrolet Orlando