New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Galing South Korea yang Chevrolet Orlando.Wala nang GM Daewoo dun dahil Chevrolet na ang tawag nila dun.
    Ahhh Ok, Still from Korea. New name na pala but the same company that made the captiva.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    was able to try out cruise control last Friday ... it really is useful (and less tiring on m right foot). but i think it would really, really be more helpful on those long, multi-lane express ways around Metro Manila (e.g. SCTEX). Here in Tacloban (Leyte) most roads/highways are two lane ... so i don't really get to weave around while driving (it's dependent on the amount of traffic going the other way).

anyway, back to cruise control -- i tried it out on the Tacloban - Babatngon road, which is two lanes only with a couple of hilly portions. cruise control works well, especially since i can speed up/down using the control on the steering wheel. however, the orlando does increase rpm on steeper hills to maintain cruising speed (although i didn't see it go beyond 3000rpm). the caveat being that the hills we climbed weren't really that high with gentler slopes and curves. But with the cruise control turned off, i never had very high rpms (+3000rpm) on that particular road. So it's really driving style that will determine how fast the engine runs when hill-climbing.

i'm aching to try our Orlando on the Tacloban-Ormoc route ... that will really be a test for it's hill-climbing ability. a portion of that road is a lot like "bitukang manok" in Quezon but only shorter ... with plenty of road work always happening. the latter means plenty of opportunities to try the Orlando from dead-stop on a steep hill-climb. But after almost a month with the Orlando, i don't think there will be much of a problem ... again IMO it's really down to driving style ... my problem now is how to balance FC, travel time, average speed, ride comfort hehehe

So far, mixed city/highway driving (with a lot more city) has yielded 12.2L/100km (approx 8.1km/L). IMO, not really spectacular FC but reasonable. But then again, a myriad of small adjustments in driving style (and schedules) and i'm pretty sure that FC figures will improve at my end.

Looking for parking space is really terrible for FC ... I did a little experiment on this: Tuesday - Thursday i came in early (we open our store at 6AM) and chose to leave late around 7PM and then came back to close the store at 9PM. Our house is about 8-9kms away from the city proper, which means it's roughly a 15km drive each time. I never had a problem with parking at those hours ... and voila! i managed a decent (approx) 10km/L on those 3 days. That thing where you really have to be a little lighter on the gas when in lower gears is the culprit for the bad FC when cruising for parking hahaha

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    was able to try out cruise control last Friday ... it really is useful (and less tiring on m right foot). but i think it would really, really be more helpful on those long, multi-lane express ways around Metro Manila (e.g. SCTEX). Here in Tacloban (Leyte) most roads/highways are two lane ... so i don't really get to weave around while driving (it's dependent on the amount of traffic going the other way).

anyway, back to cruise control -- i tried it out on the Tacloban - Babatngon road, which is two lanes only with a couple of hilly portions. cruise control works well, especially since i can speed up/down using the control on the steering wheel. however, the orlando does increase rpm on steeper hills to maintain cruising speed (although i didn't see it go beyond 3000rpm). the caveat being that the hills we climbed weren't really that high with gentler slopes and curves. But with the cruise control turned off, i never had very high rpms (+3000rpm) on that particular road. So it's really driving style that will determine how fast the engine runs when hill-climbing.

i'm aching to try our Orlando on the Tacloban-Ormoc route ... that will really be a test for it's hill-climbing ability. a portion of that road is a lot like "bitukang manok" in Quezon but only shorter ... with plenty of road work always happening. the latter means plenty of opportunities to try the Orlando from dead-stop on a steep hill-climb. But after almost a month with the Orlando, i don't think there will be much of a problem ... again IMO it's really down to driving style ... my problem now is how to balance FC, travel time, average speed, ride comfort hehehe

So far, mixed city/highway driving (with a lot more city) has yielded 12.2L/100km (approx 8.1km/L). IMO, not really spectacular FC but reasonable. But then again, a myriad of small adjustments in driving style (and schedules) and i'm pretty sure that FC figures will improve at my end.

Looking for parking space is really terrible for FC ... I did a little experiment on this: Tuesday - Thursday i came in early (we open our store at 6AM) and chose to leave late around 7PM and then came back to close the store at 9PM. Our house is about 8-9kms away from the city proper, which means it's roughly a 15km drive each time. I never had a problem with parking at those hours ... and voila! i managed a decent (approx) 10km/L on those 3 days. That thing where you really have to be a little lighter on the gas when in lower gears is the culprit for the bad FC when cruising for parking hahaha

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    Hey Guys, so I've just fueled up again and my FC results for city driving are 7km per liter. This was after going 288.9 km and refueling back to full tank to the tune of 40.99 liters from 1/4 tank. Definitely not the claim of the dealer at 8-9kms. I'll continue to monitor across multiple tanks to get a better average.

*spronky I can't speak to your questions about the parts since its too early. Hopefully the FC figures I've provided don't discourage you, despite this the Orlando is a joy to drive and I'm actually trying to look at what I can improve to personalize the car (18' rims, leather seat covers, etc...) I don't think I would have been this enthusiastic if I had gotten a Livina or a Carens. I've also considered the sportage before this car but personally I think the Orlando looks better and feature for feature it still comes out ahead.
    Hi Amaterasu. Thanks again for sharing your FC observations. I think that is realistic and the expected because I also tried to confirm with a Chevy agent, and she did confirm that their FC baseline is at an average 7-8km / L city driving.

Hearing all the good feedback from the new owners are really encouraging and I do agree that the bottom line would be if one has made an informed choice and is happy about it.

Anyway, I was just hoping someone would be able to give feedback about parts availability from the outside (non-casa) and their average maintenance cost for the typical wear and tear parts.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    *Spronky, this week I had a mix of country and city driving when I took a weekend trip to Caliraya, I was able to reach 13 km/l on the trip and my overall FC has now gone down with the 2 days of city driving so it's averaging out to 9km/l.

I was looking online for any accessories for the Orlando and saw this!!!!

Ang guapo ng kit with the aftermarket rims and the black chevy emblem!!! If only kayang kopyahin ng mga fiberglass shops dito ito.

Full link to the kit and pics from a korean site: H.I Motors Co.,-Korean car accessories and spare parts-Hyundai, Kia, Chevrolet, Ssangyoung

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    *Spronky, this week I had a mix of country and city driving when I took a weekend trip to Caliraya, I was able to reach 13 km/l on the trip and my overall FC has now gone down with the 2 days of city driving so it's averaging out to 9km/l.

I was looking online for any accessories for the Orlando and saw this!!!!

Ang guapo ng kit with the aftermarket rims and the black chevy emblem!!! If only kayang kopyahin ng mga fiberglass shops dito ito.

Full link to the kit and pics from a korean site: H.I Motors Co.,-Korean car accessories and spare parts-Hyundai, Kia, Chevrolet, Ssangyoung
    Wow very nice look. Yun bang na sa picture ay smokey grey color? Hindi ko na rin maalala kung all black ba ang stock na emblem ng Chevy or may gold trim lining.

Btw, ilan ang sakay mo sa caliraya trip mo when you got the 13km/l?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    guys, thanks for all the FC and car reviews. i'm really thinking of getting an orlando within the next few weeks. i'm just down to either an orlando or a sportage...i know, magkaiba talaga sila (mpv vs compact suv) and its like comparing an apple and an orange...pero sila na lang talaga choices ko...for me lamang orlando sa space, amenities while sportage sa power and looks...ang di ko lang alam mga sirs, e yung reliability at dependability nung brand..kamusta ba chevy at kia sa service? parts? sirain ba? any other factor that i forgot to consider?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    i'm hoping to get my grey orlando next week (fingers crossed).
    any tips for the new car? do i have to break it in agad?

advanced congratulations reuben!

have it paint protected. i always do that immediately after getting my car from the dealer. go to big bert's. like what the name says, it protects your paint from all elements. will make the car look new longer. shinier din.

breaking in methods are very varied din. yung iba, ayaw ihataw ang sasakyan until the break in period. yung iba (like me), playing safe and does not go beyond 100 km/h. kaw bahala kung ano susundin mo. after the break in period, dun mas titipid ang consumo ng gas mo.

i'm still seriously considering buying an orlando. siguro within the next 2 months. san ka nakakuha ng unit? sa greenhills ako nakakita ng unit and i like it very much.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Thanks! Very excited, parang meron bagong baby sa family. Sa Greenhills din ako nag order, Ganda ng casa nila!
    Sabi sa akin ng SA na Dapat Medyo diinan ko sa gas pag accelerate, para daw masanay yung 'computer', something about memory and fuzzy logic. Para hindi ako mahirapan mag accelerate in the long run. Don't know if it's true or just sales talk pero I guess I'll try it na rin.

2012 Chevrolet Orlando