New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    also got the Orlando last February 20 (the red one) here in Tacloban City. My FC so far is similar to Amaterasu's: about 7-8km/liter on city driving ... however, my highway FC figure is only at approx 10km/liter. I think it's down to driving style ... i used to drive a 3.0L DMAX CRDI so i think i still have a "heavy" foot in the city or even in the highway. My experience is that you have to "step on it" a bit when you're at lower gears to get up to speed and shift to the higher gears. When you get on the higher gears, the driving really gets easier. Again, i'm still getting used to the gasoline engine ... all our cars before have been diesel so i tend to have a heavier foot ... my orlando needs a lighter touch on the gas pedal (i think).

choosing/buying a car is indeed personal ... we shifted from a DMAX to the Orlando ... mainly because we have a growing a family. The Innova was also an option ... but the safety and other features on the Orlando really made up our minds. IMO, it's like we disposed of our DMAX (FC on that was excellent at 13km/liter mixed city/highway) and bought our second car first ... it's really a good second car for our family especially when we need to go on a long drive with the family in tow ... the cargo capacity with the fold flat seats is so useful (exceeding our expectations) given that we also have a small business and we need to load stuff in the back every now and then (nothing really heavy though, mostly medicines because we have a drugstore) ... and the cargo bed makes it easier to tow our baby's travelling/day-out stuff (e.g. stroller, bag, groceries) without the stuff getting wet in the back of our pick-up.

maintenance and related costs - i will probably find out at 10k mileage ... but our local chevy service shop told me 10k mileage or six months, whichever comes first. I would think six months would come first, and i think that would be best thinking that it's a brand new unit and i don't know how long it has been from factory floor to my garage ... but after the first PMS then most likely it's really every 10k ... part availability remains to be seen.

I wash my own car so i don't really expect problems on that end. Inside the bonnet we just need to be careful about covering the two black boxes ... and, more importantly, make sure that the "box" for the electronic steering is taken care of because it's right in front of the bulk head just below the engine so when i wash under the car that part doesn't really get wet. The chevy technician said that it will really get wet on normal driving ... but obviously it will pay to be a little bit more careful about that electronic steering "box" thing (it's the silver cylinder? just behind the engine in front of the bulkhead).

interior features and comfort is above our expectations. just a note on using an itouch (or similar music player): make sure that your itouch's EQ setting is turned on ... my son set ours on "bass reducer" since he uses earphones ... labas ng sound sa orlando parang lata hehehe ... but since i found that out and corrected it ... all is well (note: the audio system is not as good as our DMAX, but ISUZU is generally known for being very generous with their audio systems)

i feel it's a bit light on the steering (i.e. you don't really get a good feel for what the front tires are doing) but handling is excellent IMO.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by atyick View Post
    also got the Orlando last February 20 (the red one) here in Tacloban City. My FC so far is similar to Amaterasu's: about 7-8km/liter on city driving ... however, my highway FC figure is only at approx 10km/liter. I think it's down to driving style ... i used to drive a 3.0L DMAX CRDI so i think i still have a "heavy" foot in the city or even in the highway. My experience is that you have to "step on it" a bit when you're at lower gears to get up to speed and shift to the higher gears. When you get on the higher gears, the driving really gets easier. Again, i'm still getting used to the gasoline engine ... all our cars before have been diesel so i tend to have a heavier foot ... my orlando needs a lighter touch on the gas pedal (i think).

choosing/buying a car is indeed personal ... we shifted from a DMAX to the Orlando ... mainly because we have a growing a family. The Innova was also an option ... but the safety and other features on the Orlando really made up our minds. IMO, it's like we disposed of our DMAX (FC on that was excellent at 13km/liter mixed city/highway) and bought our second car first ... it's really a good second car for our family especially when we need to go on a long drive with the family in tow ... the cargo capacity with the fold flat seats is so useful (exceeding our expectations) given that we also have a small business and we need to load stuff in the back every now and then (nothing really heavy though, mostly medicines because we have a drugstore) ... and the cargo bed makes it easier to tow our baby's travelling/day-out stuff (e.g. stroller, bag, groceries) without the stuff getting wet in the back of our pick-up.

maintenance and related costs - i will probably find out at 10k mileage ... but our local chevy service shop told me 10k mileage or six months, whichever comes first. I would think six months would come first, and i think that would be best thinking that it's a brand new unit and i don't know how long it has been from factory floor to my garage ... but after the first PMS then most likely it's really every 10k ... part availability remains to be seen.

I wash my own car so i don't really expect problems on that end. Inside the bonnet we just need to be careful about covering the two black boxes ... and, more importantly, make sure that the "box" for the electronic steering is taken care of because it's right in front of the bulk head just below the engine so when i wash under the car that part doesn't really get wet. The chevy technician said that it will really get wet on normal driving ... but obviously it will pay to be a little bit more careful about that electronic steering "box" thing (it's the silver cylinder? just behind the engine in front of the bulkhead).

interior features and comfort is above our expectations. just a note on using an itouch (or similar music player): make sure that your itouch's EQ setting is turned on ... my son set ours on "bass reducer" since he uses earphones ... labas ng sound sa orlando parang lata hehehe ... but since i found that out and corrected it ... all is well (note: the audio system is not as good as our DMAX, but ISUZU is generally known for being very generous with their audio systems)

i feel it's a bit light on the steering (i.e. you don't really get a good feel for what the front tires are doing) but handling is excellent IMO.

Congrats on your new ride sir! and thanks for sharing about your Orlando experience.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Congrats sir!

Just a comparison between the Orlando and the Innova in terms of Length x Width and Height + Ground Clearance. And added photo of a chevrolet captiva.

Orlando
    Length: 4665 mm
    Width: 1835 mm
    Height: 1635 mm

Wheelbase: 108.7 in (2761 mm)
    Ground Clearance: 6.57 in (167 mm)

Innova
    Length: 4,140 mm
    Width: 1,660 mm
    Height: 1,695 mm

Wheelbase: 2,655 mm
    Min. Ground Clearance mm.(Without Axle) 200
    Min. Ground Clearance mm.(With Axle) 180
    Weight Gross mm. 1,700

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    *lm723, thats not the Captiva thats in the Philippine market right now, if that were the one I would have had a hard time choosing the Orlando over that. I considered the current model Captiva as well pero because the model was old and I really hated the steering wheel which had no controls and did not look like it matched the vehicle.

*atyick, agree that you really need a light foot on the gas especially when your going from a dead stop, mataas na yung rpms niya pero hindi pa agad responsive, it changes kapag nasa higher gears kana, sarap weaving in and out of traffic.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    *lm723, thats not the Captiva thats in the Philippine market right now, if that were the one I would have had a hard time choosing the Orlando over that. I considered the current model Captiva as well pero because the model was old and I really hated the steering wheel which had no controls and did not look like it matched the vehicle.
    Thanks for the correction Amaterasu. Yeah, from current model. I mean the down payment, monthly amortization, they're almost the same. Then, if ever the new Captiva come's in, dapat mas bumaba ung Orlando. dreaming..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lm723 View Post
    Congrats sir!

Just a comparison between the Orlando and the Innova in terms of Length x Width and Height + Ground Clearance. And added photo of a chevrolet captiva.

Orlando
    Length: 4665 mm
    Width: 1835 mm
    Height: 1635 mm

Wheelbase: 108.7 in (2761 mm)
    Ground Clearance: 6.57 in (167 mm)

Innova
    Length: 4,140 mm
    Width: 1,660 mm
    Height: 1,695 mm

Wheelbase: 2,655 mm
    Min. Ground Clearance mm.(Without Axle) 200
    Min. Ground Clearance mm.(With Axle) 180
    Weight Gross mm. 1,700

Parang may mali sa length ng Innova.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Parang may mali sa length ng Innova.
    Based on Toyota website:

Innova Dimension LxWxH
    4,585 x 1,775 x 1,760

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    san po ba gawa yan orlando.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    san po ba gawa yan orlando.
    Read somewhere before, Daewoo Korea but I'm not 100% sure.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Galing South Korea yang Chevrolet Orlando.Wala nang GM Daewoo dun dahil Chevrolet na ang tawag nila dun.

2012 Chevrolet Orlando