New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    niky alam mo naman pala bakit bumagsak daewoo a defeat is a defeat first and foremost walng kwenta itong cruze pwede mo nga lang idrive ito sa parking lot, reason nila baka daw macarnap(kapal ng mukha bakit yung iba want to sawa test drive all alabang branche). ikaw bumili ka baka agent ka ng chevy, wala naman talaga kwenta ito ikaw na nagsabi optra nga gawa ng daewoo tapos inayos ng chevy which is wala pa din kwenta and most optra owners will agree. ikaw bili ka na ng chevy na para kang bumili ng bato.

sa mga di nakakaalam cruze was built and desingned in korea- lahat as in lahat with little input from other chevy walang kwenta brand.

malamang may magtatangol sa chevy usual colonial mentality crap!
    No offense, but I don't see the reason to post as if you want to initiate flame war in this thread. I've reviewed Sir Niky's post and I don't see a reason for you to make your accusations.

Anyways, I was a previous Optra owner and I wouldn't say na "walang kwenta" yung sasakyan. I loved driving it, reaching 200km/hr without worries (I was young then, admittedly aggressive and wreckless), which I still reminisce of up to now. The car was quiet, steering light, and even if it's underpowered (I had the 1.6LS 1st-gen one), it knew how to run fast.

However, times had to be practical, and with maintenance costs similar to high-end cars, it was too much to bear. If only GM here knew how to level their price with the more common Japanese dealers here (Toyota and Nissan for example) with maintenance costs and availability of parts, I wouldn't have given up that car.

And there I said it, it's not in the car that I complain about Chevrolet... it's the dealership's maintenance prices and parts availability that I complain with. And other Optra owners here, whether they were previous owners or current owners, will agree that for an underpowered car, it delivered and the included options (all-disc brakes, air bags, ABS, etc.) were a big plus considering the pricing that it had then. If it were sold, the most common reason is because of the maintenance costs.

You can even make a poll if you want to find out the common reason as to why PH Optra drivers sold their car, and you'd pretty much get what I just stated. It's not in the car, it's in the dealership that maintains the car. Just my .02.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Parang hindi mo ata kilala si Niky Tamayo para mag salita ka ng ganyan. Baka gusto mo ma-ban dito?

Alam mo ba yung "there's always room for improvement"?

Sigurado ka bang Designed & Engineered sa Korea ang Cruze? Ganyan ba kababa ang tingin mo sa Korean Makers? Built in Korea, maybe. For Asian Countries.

Ang Optra hindi mo masasabing walang kwenta, Limang taon din nagtagal sa akin eh. Sumakit lang ulo ko kasi ang mahal ng maintenance. Pero hindi naman sirain. Lumubog pa yun sa baha ha, at yun pa ang naka survive. Yung 2008 FD ko tiklop. Yung Optra nga mas masarap pa sakyan keysa Japanese compact sedan eh. Dahil sa German Tuned Suspension.

Kung Chevrolet Venture maiintindihan ko pa, Made in Shanghai eh

At bakit parang ang laki ng galit mo sa Chevrolet? inaano ka?

At kung makapag salita ka parang napaka ganda ng oto mo. Naka Range Rover ka ba?
    Mataas ata engine bay niyang Optrang yan. hehehehe

And there we go - Starex_Gold said the same thing that I did - it's not the car, it's the dealership and the price we have to pay for them to maintain our cars.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    batang_raon14,
    sa pagkaka alala ko nagpang abot pa tayo sa Chevrolet Club website. Tapos si mamar inabutan ko din. Tapos nagkita kami sa TeamFD. hehehe

It's not in the car, it's in the dealership that maintains the car.
    Mismo. Ako I can afford to pay the maintenance of the Optra, but I'm not willing to pay anymore. Binenta ko lang din yan dahil masyado malaki yung DP na kailangan para sa Tucson eh.

Napa abot mo ng 200 KPH Optra mo?
    Napansin ko very stable ang Optra * high speeds ah. I reached 185 KPH sa SCTEX tapos ang feeling parang nasa 140 KPH lang. hehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    One of the biggest downfalls, personally, with the Optra was the powerplant. They should have licensed a Suzuki unit instead of the ironically named Ecotec that eventually went in there.

I feel sorry that I never got a chance to review the wagon version... despite not liking the driving dynamics of the sedan very much, and hating the powertrain, I found the interiors of the Optra decent enough, and the wagon was attractive, especially with the SS kit. Kept pestering Carlo to get us a test unit of that one. If Chevrolet had released one locally with the VCDi, maybe the Optra would have sold better.

baka agent ka ng chevy
    After I said the Optra sucked? Wow. What a great agent I am! Have I convinced you to buy one?

malamang may magtatangol sa chevy usual colonial mentality crap!
    Yes. I'm so slavishly pro-American I even contrived to be born there. By an American mother. Go me.

Last time I looked, there is no colonial mentality with regards to cars. Most Pinoys wouldn't touch an American car with a ten-foot pole, because they have the preconception that American cars are crap, whether they're made in the USA (usually bad), Korea (sometimes bad), or the Philippines (Pinoy-made rocks! Go Pinoy! Down with the foreign pigs! Yaaah!)

Or maybe you mean the colonial mentality of our Korean conquerors (have you seen how many Koreans are emigrating here lately?), who buy nothing but Korean-made cars?

Korean made cars... oh... I don't know... like the Optra and the Cruze?

-

You don't judge a car only by its brand or nationality. Even Toyota and Honda make a few turds, and sometimes, even the brand you expect the least of can make a real gem.
    Last edited by niky; April 28th, 2010 at 02:25 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    batang_raon14,
    sa pagkaka alala ko nagpang abot pa tayo sa Chevrolet Club website. Tapos si mamar inabutan ko din. Tapos nagkita kami sa TeamFD. hehehe

Mismo. Ako I can afford to pay the maintenance of the Optra, but I'm not willing to pay anymore. Binenta ko lang din yan dahil masyado malaki yung DP na kailangan para sa Tucson eh.

Napa abot mo ng 200 KPH Optra mo?
    Napansin ko very stable ang Optra * high speeds ah. I reached 185 KPH sa SCTEX tapos ang feeling parang nasa 140 KPH lang. hehe
    Yup, and we got to talk again when the projector retrofitting started. lol

Kamiss din yun, and yep.. kaya niya. Crazy days... if I can do it again in a track gagawin ko eh. Yun nga lang with a Nissan N16? I can only dream of exceeding 160. hehehehe perhaps once I decide on purchasing a new ride. But for now, steady na muna. Got other things to prioritize first.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    One of the biggest downfalls, personally, with the Optra was the powerplant. They should have licensed a Suzuki unit instead of the ironically named Ecotec that eventually went in there.
    True, I believe... it's a long-throw (or the other way around? Can't recall anymore) type, and I believe it's something Carlo informed me as well then that he found disappointing.

BTW, heads up Sir - the wagon just drives highly similar to the first-gen... Actually even the last facelifted version drives just like the first-gen ones.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    True, I believe... it's a long-throw (or the other way around? Can't recall anymore) type, and I believe it's something Carlo informed me as well then that he found disappointing.

BTW, heads up Sir - the wagon just drives highly similar to the first-gen... Actually even the last facelifted version drives just like the first-gen ones.
    Too bad. Still would've liked to borrow it... if only for the looks.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2010 Chevrolet Cruze with 1.4L Turbo-four