New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I like! Malapit na sa bagong Lancer un harap oh!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I prefer the current Aveo's tail lights here compared to that.

Whether it be cheaper or not doesnt matter, if the fuel consumption of that small engine is similar to what the current engine is giving, it will sell only to those who are unaware or who never expected that such small of an engine could consume so much.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    nice car

but have they made significant strides w/ its engine? i remember when we were in the market for a subcompact 2 years ago, its powerplant was no match for the jazz's and the vios' ( the getz and the picanto were still a month or two away from its introduction then)

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    amff pati chevy naman pala gaya gaya e...made in china!

ito ba yung rebadged na daewoo o yung optra?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    A collection of design cliches? Audi grille, BMW headlamps, etc. hehehe. It's not a bad car.
    thats what I was thinking of when looking at the pics, but overall it looks good..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    but have they made significant strides w/ its engine? i remember when we were in the market for a subcompact 2 years ago, its powerplant was no match for the jazz's and the vios' ( the getz and the picanto were still a month or two away from its introduction then)
    According to GM, there's an improvement in power and economy...
    "Both engines are even more frugal than their predecessors when it comes to fuel consumption. Despite the fact that its performance has improved by 12 hp, for example, the basic engine will now consume roughly 6 per cent less fuel in the MVEG fuel efficiency comparison."
    *MVEG stands for "Motor Vehicle Emissions Group"

Quote Originally Posted by funkngruvn View Post
    ito ba yung rebadged na daewoo o yung optra?
    In a way, they were sort of rebadged, technically both of them were developed to be Daewoos since this happened before Daewoo Motors became part of GM.
    Platform development was done in the UK by their Worthing Technical Centre, styling in Italy(Pininfarina & Giugiaro), engines were GM derived units(some made by GM Holden) and the things in-between were done in Korea.
    The latest updates were done under the new company GM Daewoo Auto & Technology(or GMDAT). Of course they can't make major engineering changes since this is just an update of an existing model.

The next gen Aveo wll be built on the GM Gamma platform, while the next gen Optra/lacetti will be built on the GM Delta platform.
    The new Chevy Captiva and its sister model, the Opel Antara use the GM Theta platform, the Captiva is the 1st GMDAT model to be integrated into GM's global platforms.

GM's Domestic Korean brand is Daewoo, so even new GM developed models are rebadged as Daewoos in Korea, like the Holden Statesman and the Saturn Sky roadster.

Additional photo of the 2008 Aveo hatchback:
    Last edited by AG4; September 18th, 2007 at 03:39 AM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    I like the new design. Good looking wheels. I don't know but it looks like the mask of RED Ranger of some super sentai series like Bioman, Power Rangers.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    nice looking... except for the emblem position. dapat dun nalang sya sa upper black mesh nakalagay. then sa lower part yung plates. nice new interior from the Aveo sedan, way better than the Lego-like interior of yesteryear's Aveo hatch....but still, this is a yesteryear's Aveo...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2008 Chevrolet Aveo (major facelift and engine upgrade)