New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    OT: can all cars' ECUs be reprogrammed? and does the ECU also control the Aircon's compressor?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If the car is out of warranty, there's a fee. I don't know how much.

All cars can be "reflashed" if you have the right equipment. But it's mostly for things like fuel and ignition trim in the powertrain control module... I'm not sure, but I think the climate control works off a different ECU.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    oh okay. cool kasi kung controllable yung ECU na merong "tipid mode" and "nagmamadali mode". :p

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Greetings.

Nagtanong ako sa Gm shaw about reprogramming the ecu of my Optra 2004. Sabi sa service, they need to replace the spark plug ng pang 1.8 and then reprogram it. Tama po ba yung modification? they're also chraging me 2K for all that.

Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    pwede din kaya sa Mazda 3 itong reprogramming nato? ang lakas sa gas ng kotse ko e

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Autotechnicka offers ECU reflashing. But it's expensive. About 30k pesos, last I heard. Re-tuning maps costs a lot. The difference with the Chevrolet program is that they have preset maps that they just flash into the car, so it's cheaper.

The advantage of the 30k reflash is that it'll optimize your economy and allow you to make a fair bit more power. The Unichip, which I have, does the same things, but it's a more difficult job, as it has to be wired into your car. Lots of Mazda3s running around on Unichip... makes lots more power, uses less gas. Lovely thing.

Quote Originally Posted by red car View Post
    Greetings.

Nagtanong ako sa Gm shaw about reprogramming the ecu of my Optra 2004. Sabi sa service, they need to replace the spark plug ng pang 1.8 and then reprogram it. Tama po ba yung modification? they're also chraging me 2K for all that.

Thanks.
    batangraon_14 never mentioned spark plugs... try going to North EDSA and getting a counter-quote. They might just be trying to make money off of you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Lots of Mazda3s running around on Unichip... makes lots more power, uses less gas. Lovely thing.
    Sir me ide po ba kayo how much is the unichiop right now?
    and where would be the most reasonable priced unichip being sold? thanks

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Good day! Jarhead, ano na balita sa optra mo nung pinareprogram mo? Maganda ba effect? Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
04 Optra LS A/T (Lakas sa Gas)