New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Does anyone here own or have test driven a Chery V5? what kind of performance does it give? The interior is very nice (for me) but I wonder why they seem to have copied the Prado's dash for a minivan?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Honestly, I've test driven this crossover vehicle and I found the ride to be very very comfy and nice. The car itself seems solid but what really really turned me off was the low quality of the trimmings and interior plastics... The chrome mouldings around the car exterior were falling off, the covers/lids of the various compartments/cubbyholes inside the car were made of cheap plastic and the hinges were very flimsy. I felt like I could have bought those plastic lids from the flea market, given the poor quality that I saw (no offense to current V5 owners - I'm just saying as I saw it)...

It's really unfortunate since it is a really handsome vehicle and very competitively priced, considering that its a 7-seater. I would have seriously considered buying one (over the Kia Carens, which I chose eventually) if the plastics and trimmings were made of better quality materials...

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    hi Chery V5...it was just an honest observation by mgvilla though re: poor quality of V5's interior trimmings. It was the portion it turned me off the first time we checked on ISeway showroom. However, I bought it eventually (Jan 31,2008), a black one, with much pride!!! I havent had a long grip with V5 crosseastar yet since I leave it every other month since the purchase but was able to test its speed in a short distance reaching 130kph and kept on coming still...WE went up to Baguio for 3 consecutive days and I also felt its power going up...The fuel consumption is quite reasonable esp in long distances than city driving which is a common and acceptable fact.

You may try one and for sure, your best looks will be more superb!
    Lahat mapapatingin....sa V5!!!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v5crosseastar View Post
    hi Chery V5...it was just an honest observation by mgvilla though re: poor quality of V5's interior trimmings. It was the portion it turned me off the first time we checked on ISeway showroom. However, I bought it eventually (Jan 31,2008), a black one, with much pride!!! I havent had a long grip with V5 crosseastar yet since I leave it every other month since the purchase but was able to test its speed in a short distance reaching 130kph and kept on coming still...WE went up to Baguio for 3 consecutive days and I also felt its power going up...The fuel consumption is quite reasonable esp in long distances than city driving which is a common and acceptable fact.

You may try one and for sure, your best looks will be more superb!
    Lahat mapapatingin....sa V5!!!

I have to agree... the V5 really does look good. Sir V5Crosseastar, ikaw ba yung nakita ko driving a black V5 along the northbound lane of SLEX late afternoon the other day? If yes, I was driving in my old Honda Civic company car right behind you...

I was wondering what the "Crosseastar" was because all the other V5's I had seen before didn't have this label on it. Nice car, sir.
    Last edited by mqavila; May 16th, 2008 at 04:11 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    hi again mgvila...my car is currently hybernating and what you saw in SCLEX might be another unit of V5 and whether it was a crossover or crosseastar...Anyway, "crosseastar" is the 2008 model and an upgrade of 2007 "crossover", though aint really privy to the upgrades. The code of V5 is B14...It would have been better if we have the biodiesel version of it already. It has long been there in Shanghai. It is also worth waiting for the B13 diesel van which im sure will hit the road as soon as it will come over.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi all. I heard that the V5 Crossover is marked down from php833,000 to php663,000. This a full sized 7 seater MPV with a 2.0L 16V DOHC ACTECO engine designed for the American market. It has all-power, 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS, dual airbags, back up sensors (4), keyless entry w alarm, 16inch mags with 205 tires, climate control a/c, integrated side mirror turn lamps, LED tailights, rear wiper; brake light & defogger, 6 cd player with 4 speakers, and so many other amenities you expect to find in a luxury MPV. All I can say is WOW!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    yup. may promo sila na 170K downpayment.
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi Friends,

I hope you can help me out...I am on the verge of buying a V5 Crossover. 'Just want to make sure whether there is a "rear A/C vent" on 2nd row and 3rd row seats. I have read all the good and bad features including fuel consumption but I am not sure about it's aircon features. I am working in KSA and the one they introduced here are those with a/c vents located on foot rest of 2nd and 3rd row seats. Can you please confirm if they do have because on the specs I read on Iseway webpage, it reads "with a/c rear vents"...just making sure....Thanks

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nako sir, I guess mahihirapan po kayo diyan ... napakaseldom lang po ng owners ng V5 dito kung meron man.

Maybe it's best to visit their showroom nalang or give a Chery dealer a call.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i did a test drive on a Chery V5 Crossover once and it has rear aircon vents located on the floor/foot rest. but to be sure, better give Chery Iseway a call to confirm things. not much here have bought one.

all i can say is that it's a good value for money MPV. good looks, nice features, nice supple ride, transmission shifting is ok, cool aircon and quite roomy. the only downer i can think of is its ground clearance. it's quite low considering it's a 7-seater.

just for comparison, why won't you consider the Nissan Grand Livina, the Kia Carens, the Toyota Innova or the Toyota Avanza?

Chery V5