New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i am weathy when i retire.

i have absolute financial freedom.

my kids graduated from the best schools money can buy.

my heirs will have the best of everything.

i can have any car i want.

i have the perfect health.

i have the perfect family.

i own a decent home in tierra pura, qc.

i can go on vacation anywhere in the world.

i can have anything i want.

and lastly, right now, as i say this, i am thanking that i will be receiving what i stated above.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    i am weathy when i retire.

i have absolute financial freedom.

my kids graduated from the best schools money can buy.

my heirs will have the best of everything.

i can have any car i want.

i have the perfect health.

i have the perfect family.

i own a decent home in tierra pura, qc.

i can go on vacation anywhere in the world.

i can have anything i want.

and lastly, right now, as i say this, i am thanking that i will be receiving what i stated above.
    kulang pa yata eh...my wife took her own life.....

akala ko si Ted failon eh...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Basta ako I believe in in my golden rule when it comes to money and savings. Its manage your own money. Don't let others do the investing for you. Others are only their to make money out of you and more importantly you are still the best person to do the investing because you are the person who cares most about your money. Kung di ka marunong, then learn. The banks, the insurance companies, the pre-need companies they are there to make money of you. This crisis has further instilled my belief on that, although even before the crisis I already believed in it.

Kaya ako I don't have any insurance policies (only property insurance), no pre-need policies (never believed in this from the beginning)...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    no pre need and any life insurance too. property lang rin (ng parents ko)

saving is my key, ngayon near enrollment na mga kids at least handa na magbitaw ng hundred thou+ but no question, role natin yan eh. also health is wealth though di rin natin hawak 'to but atleast we can contribute. here at the medical center ang daming mayayaman, lintek ang mga sumusundong sasakyan sa lobby but still di nila mabili sakit nila.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ako ayoko umasa sa mga computation na ganyan. Sside from what was mentioned re inflation(just imagine kung nasustain ung inflation rate last year, for a few more years. That would really scr*w up your retirement plans), life tends to throw you a lot of curve balls -- e.g. bigla kang mawalan ng source of income, or humaba buhay mo ng 5-10years, etc. -- it's the same reason why i don't like buying things by installment.

basta ako save na lang ng save, invest na lang ng invest. kung hindi ko man maubos ung pera ko, iwan ko na lang sa surviving family members.

siyempre once in a while, buy some stuff you like, treat the family out to dinner, vacation, etc. -- pero wag naman siguro araw araw B)

medyo OT: i attended a money management seminar last year with a friend; we were asked to compute for a minimum monthly amount that we need to save to build our retirement money. The problem was that the whole practice assumed that our money had a consistent 15 - 20% rate of return from now until i die. Needless to say the amount i came up with was ridiculously low. i had mixed feelings about the whole experience -- on one side it was good that people are more aware about handling their money...on the other hand, the whole practice may have given the attendees a false sense of security -- i.e. save lang ako ng ilang thousand pesos per month, ok na ako.
    Last edited by badkuk; April 22nd, 2009 at 12:57 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    You know bakit di ako masyado believe sa mga retirement calculators na yan, there is one thing that is so unpredictable and that is INFLATION. If I am right, inflation will be a huge problem later on because of all the pumping in the system.

But with that said, I do agree savings should be a habit!

There are other ways to beat the inflation. I agree with you that saving should be a habit, but we must be wise enough to know where to put our savings. For short term savings (just to cover our emergency funds), a bank would wtill be the best institution. But for long term savings and investments, there are other credible institutions that can help us out. PM me for further details.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    like mutual funds?

they kill you with fees

manage your own money

open a brokerage account and bet (i mean invest) your own money
    Last edited by uls; November 25th, 2009 at 07:15 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'm not even working

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If it's just for daily living, me and the wife wouldn't need to work either. But, I need to build up the college funds (and wedding accounts) of two daughters because I'm not as blessed as some people. See below.

Must be nice when the husband* of my wife's cousin inherited his millions and run a DIY computer store strictly as a hobby. He actually lives off the interest of his inheritance. Just the interest alone is much much more than I make in a year. It must be nice. ***SIGH***

What's strange is even though the economic times are hard, his DIY pc store is still breaking even and then some. Must be location.

* He's also our web master during our weekend online family gaming.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 26th, 2009 at 02:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Your wealth when you RETIRE