New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    Great info there ULS..I will be watching the markets.
    Boss, did u track the markets?

Meron tayo positive news dito --- Phil. govt said our economy grew 7.3% in 2007. Fastest daw in 31 years.

Pero kahit na, matamlay parin PSE today.

Mahina din ibang asia markets.

Matindi parin concern sa US economy.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Dow down 370 points last night! that's big!

lagot PSE today

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am planning to put a portion of my savings into mutual funds as part of my retirement nest egg.

However, there are still some things that I don't understand about mutual funds and UITFs. For example, if I keep my money in a mutual fund for say, the next 20 years, is there a high probability that it will earn more than if I left it in a time deposit that earns 10% interest p.a.? I'm a bit bothered by the "no guarantee of future performance" clause that mutual funds come with.

Also, what if, when I retire, it so happens that I will need to withdraw my placement in the mutual fund at a time when the performance of the fund is down? Malulugi ba ako pag ganun?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    guys,
    which bank's UITF did you invest ba? actually the subprime doesn't affect all mutual funds and UITF's. With this lows in the NAVPU's i think it's better to invest now because you will be buying the units at a low price. Just make sure that the money that you invest are excess funds and make sure that you are willing to risk it to the volatility of the fund.
    you can try the ExpertFund of Exportbank. I earned 12 percent after a year. and that's for bonds alone.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    I am planning to put a portion of my savings into mutual funds as part of my retirement nest egg.

However, there are still some things that I don't understand about mutual funds and UITFs. For example, if I keep my money in a mutual fund for say, the next 20 years, is there a high probability that it will earn more than if I left it in a time deposit that earns 10% interest p.a.? I'm a bit bothered by the "no guarantee of future performance" clause that mutual funds come with.

Also, what if, when I retire, it so happens that I will need to withdraw my placement in the mutual fund at a time when the performance of the fund is down? Malulugi ba ako pag ganun?
    mikey177,

I suggest you go for Variable Life Insurance products.you can actually choose from different insurance companies to assist you with it. I highly suggest AXA's HONEY PLAN. Its an investment and life insurance package that will allow you to invest your money to your chosen fund- equity, balanced, bond fund and be insured at the same time.
    If you want you can call my Financial Executive at 2421918 and look for michelle. she will assist you with your queries.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I use to put money here, but then I realize I am much better off managing my own money cause these guys barely even beat inflation.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

With the manner the market is acting up lately, one of our mutual fund placement's profit, in one of the more professional mutual fund/insurance institutions here in our country, is now about the same vs. if I put the same amount of money in a bank's time deposit.... Whew!....

5505:home:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ya... trusting fund managers to make YOUR money grow?

good luck.

it's NOT their money.

it wont hurt them if they lose YOUR money.

----

Our tiny, pathetic, insignificant, little capital market is nothing more than a Wall Street tracker.

So even if the local financial system wasnt burned by subprime, it is feeling the effects.
    Last edited by uls; March 1st, 2008 at 01:25 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ya... trusting fund managers to make YOUR money grow?

good luck.

it's NOT their money.

it wont hurt them if they lose YOUR money.
    you can actually hire one. Try hiring one of the Registered Financial Planner from SEC who passed the international certification for RFP's. they have impressive CVs.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    uls - of course it hurts fund managers if they lose your money. they will be out of a job.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Are you into UITF's/ MF's