New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    empy - but it wont hurt the fund managers as much as the investors.

And besides, do they really get fired if the funds they manage make zero or negative returns?

maybe they just dont get big fat bonuses.

But they still collect the management fees.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    they absolutely do get fired. at least in the more developed capital markets...ewan ko lang jan sa pinas if investment houses keep lousy performers on the job. but why would they when it it takes a blink of an eye for investors to desert that fund and lose the company millions or billions?

all i'm saying is that it's disingenuous to say that fund managers don't care about making or losing you money. it's their job to care and that's what their job performance is based on.

what you really need to worry about is those ones who try to charge you ridiculous management and/or transaction fees, or those who advise you to keep moving your money from one security to another so they can pocket more transaction fees. that's the bigger problem.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by helboink View Post
    mikey177,

I suggest you go for Variable Life Insurance products.you can actually choose from different insurance companies to assist you with it. I highly suggest AXA's HONEY PLAN...
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll read up some more on these alternative products.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I use to put money here, but then I realize I am much better off managing my own money cause these guys barely even beat inflation.
    If I acquire Republic of the Philippines bonds on my own (how do I do that anyway?) and hold them until their maturity, will I save more in fees compared to investing in an MF or UITF bond fund?

At present, I have neither the time or financial acumen to invest in stocks, so if it's retirement money I'm dealing with, I'll go with the less volatile bonds first. Then, when I really have excess excess money, maybe then I'll try trading stocks.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    very informative! planning to plunge in MFs and UITF too very soon. Just learning all the jargons and observing practical customs from some pips that are already in. Hope to learn more from this thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Are you into UITF's/ MF's