New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by peejay_07 View Post
    matanong ko lang po bakit wala kayo investments? kasi sa pagkakaalam ko close kayo ni ULS. sayang naman kasi meron ka ng kaibigan na financial guru. kumbaga may mentor ka na.
    My salary is not enough to cover my expenses so when my family gifts me with cash, that's what I try to save. During my first job were were offered shares in GBP for a very low price. I made a good profit there when I had to sell it when I resigned. I had very low risk there since part of the share prices were paid for by the company. I was given a test on my risk appetite and I scored low. Kaya hindi ako yumayaman e

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    May retirement pay kayo even if you don't stay with the company? Gandang benefit niyan ah. Ang alam ko kasi you can only claim the retirement pay when you actually retire, and not when you simply switch companies or leave the corporate world.

Also Cath, not having VUL means you have more budget to invest in stocks directly. Term insurance usually has a lower premium vs VUL insurance, so yung difference, yun ang gamitin mo para maginvest directly via COL or through MF/UITF. Usually naman mas malaki gains ng bank UITF kaysa VUL.

Yung sakin though, I got VUL instead of term insurance kasi parang ang liit ng difference sa coverage for the same premium. It's only 33% higher, eh mahahabol yun ng VUL if you allow it to grow after a few years. So in the long term (~20 years), definitely mas malaki na yung VUL coverage compare to the term insurance coverage. Ewan ko kung san nanggagaling yung criticisms ng iba na mas beneficial pa rin yung term insurance.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Isn't retirement pay standard for companies? You only need to stay for X number of years to qualify. In my current job, it's only a percentage of your salary like what Qwerty posted. In my first job it was automatic 150% of salary X years of service.

Those VUL stuff all sound greek to me. Hindi maganda yung nagbenta sakin ng una, I wasn't given much options and explanation so I only got the simple life insurance. I got Manulife. I should have gotten Sunlife.

Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    some companies offer long service pay.. so even if you resign but you got the years of service.. you will get something.. some local banks also offer this..

some had:

5 to 10 years = 25% of 1 month salary X years of service
    10+ to 15 years = 50% of 1 month salary X years of service
    15+ to 20 years = 75% of 1 month salary X years of service
    20+ years above = 100% of 1 month salary X years of service
    We have a similar scheme. It increases for every year of service.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yung nagbenta sakin hindi rin ganun kagaling. Parang napakauninformed niya about other options (stocks, MF, UITF). Ang kabisado niya lang is yung products nila, and parang memorized pa as opposed to an intrinsic understanding of the product.

Kaso mom siya ng friend ko, so gusto ko rin makatulong and help her have a new client. So ako nalang nagbasa and nagresearch about VUL, whole life, and term insurance.

Then nagpacompute nalang ako ng options, tapos from there ako nakadecide na parang pinakasulit for me VUL since macacapitalize ko yung compounding growth since bata pa naman ako and it would take a while before I need to claim my insurance coverage.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Stocks via BPITrade and BPI UITFs. Monthly ang add ko dyan. I want to buy some real estate din sana, just looking for options. Dami kasi kapag sa province, pero pangit lahat ng locations. ehehe!
    Last edited by slapz; June 17th, 2014 at 06:46 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I am sustaining monthly additional deposit to my (two) Mutual Funds both in Equities, paying annually to my Healthcare from Kaiser, and monthly additional deposit to PNSLAI. I'm still in the Debt Management phase, I plan to pay the remaining balance of my car loan this August [1.5 year] by God's grace so that I could optimize my investment. My next target is to complete that amount of 6x monthly income for my Emergency Fund.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Check out PhilamLife's HealthInvest -- accident, critical illness and acts of God covered plus you can choose the fund you can invest your money in and it grows annually. Ten years to pay lang and after that it will keep on growing for you. The rates of return depend on the fund you choose. I chose the more aggressive strategic fund so minimum return is 4% and conservatively, it can go up to 11% annually.

Pero if mahilig kang magbutingting ng stocks on your own, Citisec online is the way to start. :-)

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i place mine in variable life insurance and mutual funds.
    for mutual funds, i always top it off my 5k every 2 months.
    Good practice!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I'm just a member in their FB page. Search and Like TGFI [The Global Filipino Investors] page, there you can learn many investment vehicles and about RISKs of each investment.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Sa atm lang.:-(

Enough na kasi yung sa stocks ko.

Just started in Insurance Brokers-Zurich, I regret why I did not do this before...but it's not yet too late.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    Sa atm lang.:-(

Enough na kasi yung sa stocks ko.
    How do you know that it's "enough"?

By this, do you mean you have enough to live off the average capital gains up until your retirement? Congrats bro 👍

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Where Do You Invest Your Savings?