New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    Let's try this hypothetical questiion..

If you have a 2 million pesos right now, which 5 stocks would you buy and how many of each?

And no, I'm not describing myself. ^^
    It would depend on your risk appetite, objective, and timeline. Doesn't matter how much you'll invest - and that's the beauty of common stocks. A guy with only 100k in total can have the same portfolio as a guy with 10 million.

Personally I invest mostly in blue-chip companies. Not the highest returns, but decent enough to beat inflation plus a bit of appreciation. Solid fundamentals of these companies somehow mitigate the risk.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I go real estate. Land in subdivisions and condo units. Will try commercial spaces soon. Also some stocks (my wife manages the stock portfolio). Some artwork also. The art world is crazy i tell you. Some stock broker just bought a painting of Magsaysay-ho (a local artist) at auction for 45m pesos. Am trying to get some masters' work but will need a lot of luck finding one for sale at a price i can afford.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    No bro, you manage your stocks. You choose which stocks to buy, when to buy, and how much to buy. You also choose when to sell. Broker fees of COL are much lower than management fees of banks/insurance companies.
    Ok thanks...there's the rub. I don't have an idea which stocks to buy. Hahaha. But this is really interesting. Will read up more on it. Thanks again!😀

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    Ok thanks...there's the rub. I don't have an idea which stocks to buy. Hahaha. But this is really interesting. Will read up more on it. Thanks again!Where Do You Invest Your Savings?
    Lady bathory is the expert. The thread she is in is extremely useful.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    You can open an account in Citisec Online (COL Financial), in their office in Ortigas. Then it's all online from there.

Investing in Sunlife is investing in a mutual fund - someone else manages your money and invests it for you, for a fee. You can opt to invest on your own, for higher returns, in exchange for more effort on your part.
    Add ko lang. You don't need to be personally present to open a Colfinancial account. You just have to send the original documents to them. Very convenient IMHO from opening an account, funding, subscribing and redeeming. All can be done anytime, anywhere.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    yes. really good when you know what's going on with your money.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    COL Financial and Pru Life.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    All these financial plans like Sunlife, Pru Life, etc... goes by mutual funds to which the risk are higher in short term. New ROPs now are a grain of salt in coupons offerings barely in level with inflation. High yielding ROPs goes with a premium such that their below inflation or just a bit better of with time deposit in reality. Same is true with corporate bonds.

So where does it really nice to go this days on investing ???

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    What about this Invest Plus Peso offered by BPI-Philam? They offered this to the wifey when she rolled over her time deposit she ended up splitting it 50-50 (time deposit & Invest Plus). The IPP offers a better return starting on the 3rd year plus life insurance coverage of 125% of invested value. The catch is the term is 50 years to optimize the return.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    What about this Invest Plus Peso offered by BPI-Philam? They offered this to the wifey when she rolled over her time deposit she ended up splitting it 50-50 (time deposit & Invest Plus). The IPP offers a better return starting on the 3rd year plus life insurance coverage of 125% of invested value. The catch is the term is 50 years to optimize the return.
    bro, for me, 50 yrs is quite too long. di ako aabot niyan, and even if i would i'd never want to be the the oldest person alive

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Where Do You Invest Your Savings?