New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    doc, there is a pamahiin that the first salary should all be spent for panlilibre, swerte daw, mas mabilis lalago, so that's what I did. My next job was very much higher pay so must be true. Ang mali ko, hindi na ko nanlibre ng buo sa next job, baka kaya di na lumaki LOL
    in those days,
    hindi uso ang magpakain sa workplace. if there were, eyebrows would raise.
    catering wasn't in vogue, except for official happenings like homecomings..
    eating out was an unusual occurence.

ngayon na lang in vogue and panlilibre.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    doc, there is a pamahiin that the first salary should all be spent for panlilibre, swerte daw, mas mabilis lalago, so that's what I did. My next job was very much higher pay so must be true. Ang mali ko, hindi na ko nanlibre ng buo sa next job, baka kaya di na lumaki LOL
    In our field, we call that 'first blood'. Hehe. Di naman kailangan magarbo ang pakain. Kahit pamerienda lang na donuts pwede na.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    In our field, we call that 'first blood'. Hehe. Di naman kailangan magarbo ang pakain. Kahit pamerienda lang na donuts pwede na.
    we would keep mum on when we got our first salary. inu-uwi muna namin sa bahay.

times have changed.
    back then, a bilao of pancit was cause for celebration. big-time na yon!
    it also needed more planning. advance ordering by at least a day. delivery service was via the proprietor's anak on a padjak tricycle, but only after the anak's escuela. otherwise, you must pick your order up.
    life was simpler, back then.
    heh heh.

today, we phone-order for a bilao of food, delivered to your workplace, in two hours. lalang.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 18th, 2020 at 02:52 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Yes, first blood din sa office namin In my previous job they called it somthing else but I forgot hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    we would keep mum on when we got our first salary. inu-uwi muna namin sa bahay.

times have changed.
    back then, a bilao of pancit was cause for celebration. big-time na yon!
    it also needed more planning. advance ordering by at least a day. delivery service was via the proprietor's anak on a padjak tricycle, but only after the anak's escuela. otherwise, you must pick your order up.
    life was simpler, back then.
    heh heh.

today, we phone-order for a bilao of food, delivered to your workplace, in two hours. lalang.
    First salary ko doc, early 2000s na hehe but that was almost 20 yrs ago! Wow!

Amber's? I love their spaghetti and pichi pichi

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc21420 View Post
    I forgot to say that to finish high school was a stretch because I had to trek 7 kilometers back and forth from Monday to Friday. Back then, I had to thread a rebel infested area.

The barangay high school where I graduated was more than 3 kilometers away from my grandparents’ house. I was living with my grandparents on my father’s side because I was orphaned at a young age.

But, damn, I survived.

Every and now then I would relate this life experience to my children, and it would leave them incredulous every time.

I joked them how lucky they are: to have parents that tend to them and look after their needs, for studying in a private school, being fetched in school with a car, and not worrying about food and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    May your tribe increase bro!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    May your tribe increase bro!
    ...but not the rebels!
    heh heh.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456