1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I am, now

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Meron pa ba dyan?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    basically worked the whole duration of my college years working sa different fastfood, kaya it took me 9 years to finish college but the experience paid off, still working at the food business yun nga lang di na as a part time service crew.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    At 17 to 19, I worked as a service crew at jollibee San Fernando during my premed during the early 90s. Sa fry station ako lagi naka assign. Ang hirap lalo na kapag closing. Dami ko ding nakuhang paso sa braso at kamay. I remember riding a jeepney at 4 am...vst and company blaring at the radio...although I was so sleepy I can't close my eyes kasi dami kong kasakay na lasing.

My shift was at 5am to 10am. My class starts at 12pm ends at 9 pm. I never missed a class and I paid most of my tuition (still have the receipts today sarap tignan once in a while) and jeepney fare and snacks. (Lunch was free at jollibee 1 peso lang). But there were many times where I would just write my name on my test papers and submit it right away without a single answer because I was so damn tired to study beforehand. The simple task of just keeping my eyes open at lectures was herculean. Some profs were understanding while others called me tamad mag-aral at walang sikap.

All these while I watched my normal classmates complain and cry about missing an Ogie Alcasid with Universal Motion Dancers concert because it coincides with their teeth braces adjustment.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I always tell my kids na mag aral ng mabuti hanggat kaya ko pa silang pag-aralin. As a parent, ayaw natin iparanas sa mga anak natin ang hirap na dinanas natin marating lang ang buhay na gusto natin.

Bakit ganito ang buhay, di bale na maghirap tayong mga magulang, huwag lang ang mga anak.......

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Tama. Which is why dapat pagalitan ng mga magulang ang mga anak nila na ginagawa ang pagaaral ay parang isang biro. I mean, if you can't shoot for As or Bs for some reason, try not to spend 8 hours at the nearby internet cafe and 10minutes for studying

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    working student din ako sa college of law. 2001-2004. Di na ko kayang sustentohan ng parents ko. Family man na rin ako non during that time. i was working in the Regional trial Court as Clerk (staff) and pursuit my studies kaya ngayon ako na ang boss sa ofis. Now, i am also teaching in the college of law to encourage my students to be like me, hehe! Indeed, the root of education is bitter but the fruit is sweet.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I was a working student when i took my second course. Although the tuition was free via a school grant but i needed to work for my books and to pay for my much needed weekend getaway. I always love to study...and am working on for professional advancement by enhancing my credentials. Here i am hoping that i would be able to juggle work and advanced studies. not to mention being a wife and a mother.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *(1998 to 1999) Asst. laborer or "pahenante" (PVC pipes - around C.Luzon)
    *(1999 to 2000) Service crew in Wendy's (Nagtahan branch.)
    *(2000 to 2001) Part time messenger in BIR (Port area Manila)

Positive side nang pagiging "pahenante" = Gaganda at "lalaki" ang mga MUSCLES nyo sa katawan sa kakabuhat at kalalakad sa pag deliver ng mga construction pipes... hehehehe.... dimuna kailangan mag GYM.:threadmil

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Buhayin natin ito!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Were You A Working Student Before?