New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    Kung hindi nya ilalagay sa CV nya yung past work nya.. pano yung SSS / Pagibig Contributions nya?? Makikita yun.. so lalabas na nagsisinungaling sya..
    That was what I was thinking too.

I really don't understand people who go on AWOL. This isn't school when you can stop when you want to. You have to be responsible and turn over your work properly even if going to the office feels like hell. I have gone through that phase too when I got transferred in a department with a mean boss (crying daily while driving on my way to work)

She should have talked to her boss about the harassment or let her family deal with that bully (sumbong niya sa tatay or kapatid niya hehe). What kind of harassment ba? Ang bully naman nangbu bully lang sa kaya nila (and normally bullies are weak without a group) pag pakita mo lalaban ka, titigil din yan. There will always be bullies at work and going on AWOL everytime you get bullied won't solve the problem. Mahirap lang pag higher level na kalaban niya, diyan walang panalo (as my boss would say)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    Kung hindi nya ilalagay sa CV nya yung past work nya.. pano yung SSS / Pagibig Contributions nya?? Makikita yun.. so lalabas na nagsisinungaling sya..
    That was what I was thinking too.

I really don't understand people who go on AWOL. This isn't school when you can stop when you want to. You have to be responsible and turn over your work properly even if going to the office feels like hell. I have gone through that phase too when I got transferred in a department with a mean boss (crying daily while driving on my way to work)

She should have talked to her boss about the harassment or let her family deal with that bully (sumbong niya sa tatay or kapatid niya hehe). What kind of harassment ba? Ang bully naman nangbu bully lang sa kaya nila (and normally bullies are weak without a group) pag pakita mo lalaban ka, titigil din yan. There will always be bullies at work and going on AWOL everytime you get bullied won't solve the problem. Mahirap lang pag higher level na kalaban niya, diyan walang panalo (as my boss would say)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Not everyone's the same and handle things differently. Going AWOL always has its repercussions, which varies with each company and their policies

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    obviously, AWOL is absence without official leave. sometimes we use loosely the term "awol" in reference to an employee who had not report for work anymore. yung bigla na lang nawala at di na nagpakita sa trabaho. but in its strictest sense we apply the term AWOL to an employee who made an unauthorized absences but who reported back to work.
    this is so because under the labor code an employee has the right to terminate his employment with or without just cause by serving his employer a written notice one month in advance. the employer upon whom no such notice was served may hold the employee liable for damages.
    although the employee could be held liable for damages for not informing his employer one month in advance, the employer could not force the employee to report back to work without infringing the constitutional provision against involuntary servitude.
    with respect to the employee who made unauthorized absences (AWOL), the management may exercise its prerogative to dismiss him from its employ on the ground of habitual and gross neglect of duty. but the dismissal must comply with the "twin-notice requirement," as follows:
    a) first notice: notice to explain why the employee should not be dismissed for habitual and gross neglect of duty.
    b) hearing or formal investigation. a hearing during which the employee concerned, with the assistance of counsel if he so desires, is given the opportunity to answer the charges against him, present his evidence or rebut the evidence presented against him.
    c) second notice: notice of decision. a written notice of dismissal served on the employee that upon due consideration of all the circumstances, grounds have been established to justify his dismissal.
    please take note that a dismissal without complying with the "twin-notice requirement," the dismissal is valid but the employer may be required to pay nominal damages (pegged by jurisprudence at Php30k?) to the dismissed employee.
    however, if there is no just cause for dismissal (because she was indeed ***ually harassed that forced her to go on AWOL), whether or not there is prior notice and hearing, the dismissal is illegal. The employee is entitled to reinstatement, backwages and damages.
    hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    may last clear chance ka pa naman siguro pag nag-AWOL ka:angel3:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    may last clear chance ka pa naman siguro pag nag-AWOL ka:angel3:
    Move on bro. We want to learn and share new things in this forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12