New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Unionbank sent me a credit card which I did not apply for. Naturally, I did not activate the card. And now I received a bill for the annual fee! May late payment at interest charge pa! What is wrong with this bank?

How did they get my address and other details when I did not even apply to them and I do not have an account with them? Hmmm...Does this mean they can acces our other accounts?

Any ideas?...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GBStJames View Post
    Unionbank sent me a credit card which I did not apply for.
    ^ when did that happen? just recently or a year/s back?

Naturally, I did not activate the card.
    ^some credit cards are pre-activated

And now I received a bill for the annual fee! May late payment at interest charge pa! What is wrong with this bank?
    :shocked:
    ^that's crazy..

How did they get my address and other details when I did not even apply to them and I do not have an account with them? Hmmm...Does this mean they can acces our other accounts?
    Any ideas?...
    ^ Im not a believer of the so-called "confidential only" clause of several banks.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    While its traditional for them to share info around. But definitely its BULL**** of them to give you a pre-activated card! Not only don't they have your permission, its also very dangerous!

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    pwede mo yan pa-cancel. Just call em up, tell em, you didn't use the card. Cancel the card and remove the annual fee.
    Ok na yan.

Although, yeah, corny yun Unionbank sa moves nila.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can call them to cancel, but they will waive the interest charges for that month, then magpapdala ulit sila ng interest charges for the next month. sobrang buysit ako sa unionbank sa ginagawa nila, we live busy lives, and they are relying on the fact that we won't call them so that the interest charges will accumulate. ako nga, wala me nakuhang card and yet nagpapapdala ng statement and bill their charges, A%#HOLES!!!!! you have to call and emphasize and argue with before they will totally cancel and waive everything.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Ang labo nga niyang UnionBank. Para bang "kung makakalusot lang....."....

9100:thatsit:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakow, nangyari din sa akin yan. pina cancel ko, and it took them around 6 months to reverse all charges.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ako noon from HSBC naman, di ko in-activate, after a few months comes the billing at may charges na annual fee and interest

Tinawagan ko at amf! ako pa mag-e-explain? - eh busy ako sa tsikot

I-note and cancel daw nila - gud!

The following month, may bill na naman? at natural nag-accumulate na interest

Ayun, binigyan ko na ng maa-anghang na salita "Wag n'yo ko isali sa mga style nyo ha? hindi ako nag-a-apply ng card sa inyo! bakit nyo ko padadalhan niyan? I don't use credit card because i prefer cash, gusto nyo i-demanda ko kayo?"

:bwahaha:

Eh di tumigil - Ayos!
    Last edited by XTO; December 17th, 2009 at 11:59 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    ako naman RCBC Credit Card me late charges at annual fee agad hehehe..pag itinatawag ko sinasabi "sige sir i wave nalang natin ang late charges at annual fee, sayang naman kung di ninyo gagamitin".....mga style

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    They've been hard-selling credit cards since time immemorial. They're just a bunch of sharks that are out to get your hard-earned cash. :shark:

UnionBank credit cards