New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    LTFRB Announces A New Car Service Called Premium Taxi
    Kevin Bruce Francisco
    7 hours ago

The dance between Land Transportation Franchising & Regulatory Board (LTFRB) and Uber has been around for quite a while now with LTFRB wanting to shut down the car service company due to lack of proper accreditation, among other things. Fast forward to just recently, LTFRB announced that it will hold a consultation of sorts regarding new franchises for a car service called Premium Taxi. Could the two instances be just a coincidence?

Late last month, LTFRB on its page posted an invitation for interested parties for a “public consultation” that will talk about the issuance of new franchises for Premium Taxi. Premium Taxi, according to them, is a car service that requires a “four- or five-door automobile, sedan type, with engine displacement of 2000cc or higher (or its equivalent, if electric-, hybrid-, or alternate fuel-Powered vehicle)” that comes with the following operating conditions as per DOTC:

1. The operator must have at least twenty (20) premium taxi units in his/her fleet;
    2. All vehicles must be brand-new at the time of franchise application;
    3. All vehicles must be in color set by the LTFRB (Note: It is proposed that the color will be black);
    4. All vehicles shall have a maximum age of 7 years;
    5. All vehicles must be equipped with a GPS vehicle tracking and navigation device;
    6. All vehicles must be equipped with an on-board electric taxi fare payment device capable of processing payments made with credit card or debit card;
    7. The operator must have a facility for booking and dispatching by way of an online or smartphone-based application; and
    8. The operator must have his/her own workshop and depot with a space of at least 15 sq.m. per vehicle.

With these happenings, netizens can’t help but think that the reason why Uber (and even GrabCar) have been under fire and are being kept under the radar of LTFRB and DOTC was because of this pending project that they were planning from beginning.

- See more at: LTFRB announces a new car service called Premium Taxi - YugaTech | Philippines, Tech News & Reviews

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    ^kaya naman pala eh

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stupid netizens got it wrong. It stemmed from james deakin's disinformation. Mga netizens na uto-uto naman.

https://m.facebook.com/doblezeta/pos...52962348855919

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    What a read! A very good reminder to not get swayed by emotions and to get your facts straight first before reacting and getting carried away. I was at fault too but now i understand the issue better after reading the exchange...i digress.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    And i thought everything i read on the internet is true.... Sarcasm. Click bait?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If i was to CLICK before i THINK, it would come to my mind that LTFRB may have created such PREMIUM taxi service franchise for the benefit of its SPECIAL friends who wants to Jump into the public transport business and command a much larger profit compared to the regular taxis.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    from what i understand, it is open to all takers who can fulfill the requirements... friends or otherwise.
    in singapore and hongkong, the taxis there are well-maintained crowns and sonatas, benzes and 300s... not vioses and accents.
    but if we can remove the decrepit rustbuckets masquerading as taxis here, i wouldn't have to be taxi-choosey... kaunting TLC lang naman ang kailangan...
    Last edited by dr. d; August 16th, 2015 at 10:44 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yung gf ng friend ko got a unit of Montero pang Uber Black, according to him nasa 70k daw ang kita monthly, neto na yun, tapos yung driver gets to take home around 30k a month with incentives factored in, not bad na kung totoo yun

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Yung gf ng friend ko got a unit of Montero pang Uber Black, according to him nasa 70k daw ang kita monthly, neto na yun, tapos yung driver gets to take home around 30k a month with incentives factored in, not bad na kung totoo yun
    Pano ba rate ng uber black? x2 ba ng uber x?

Naisip ko montero glx pala ang cheapest car na pasok sa uber black

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Stupid netizens got it wrong. It stemmed from james deakin's disinformation. Mga netizens na uto-uto naman.

yves has no credibility for me, he was the one who developed the mmda app and there are also rumors on the inside that the premium taxi app will be developed by him. plus look at the way he post and attacks other people, typical media tactics in my opinion.

i agree though that uber should be regulated. what i don't like about ltfrb/lto is we already have a working system (uber/grab car) that is safe, clean and efficient that all filipinos have been longing for why not just work with them instead of making it hard for them to be a legit company that serves the publics demand. bottomline jan is pera pera lang talaga. ltfrb/lto isn't making any money out of grab and uber so they will never be a legit company till mabusog ang mga bulsa ng ating magagaling mambabatas.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

yves has no credibility for me, he was the one who developed the mmda app and there are also rumors on the inside that the premium taxi app will be developed by him. plus look at the way he post and attacks other people, typical media tactics in my opinion.

i agree though that uber should be regulated. what i don't like about ltfrb/lto is we already have a working system (uber/grab car) that is safe, clean and efficient that all filipinos have been longing for why not just work with them instead of making it hard for them to be a legit company that serves the publics demand. bottomline jan is pera pera lang talaga. ltfrb/lto isn't making any money out of grab and uber so they will never be a legit company till mabusog ang mga bulsa ng ating magagaling mambabatas.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast