New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Actually, where ever you look.. there's always big industry players that's bigger and has more money stashed in the bank than you. It's the fact of life. It's probably because we were brought up to with an entrepreneurial mindset, but my father has always told me he doesn't do market surveys and the like when entering a field. Isa lang motto niya, "kung kaya ng iba, bakit hindi ko kaya?"

There will be tough competition. This is because the retail chain has relatively low barriers of entry. You can easily print a couple T-shirts on a minimal budget of 6-digits and even less. But you can't use the same money to purchase a land parcel. The lower the barriers, the more profits there is, the more essential the item is, of course you'll have a horde of competition. This is why Bench and other retail giants has invested so much in their brand. From purchasing air-time advertisements sa mga TV networks to trying to get the next hottie as a commercial model. Sa totoo lang, consumer purchasing isn't really dictated by designs.. although it's a factor. More often than not, it's the brand.

Gross margins of Bench is probably hovering around 250%. If you lessen their expenses, it'll still be around 40%. That's how big it is. It's huge enough to propel Amancio Ortega into the ranks of third or fourth richest people in the world with a market worth four times more than Henry Sy. That's how Inditex Zara's founder rolls.

---

Now there are some discrepancies in the market. For example, if you think about it, most of the gamers are probably kids in their >20s and male right? Sa totoo lang, it's a bit off na. Although it's the >20s that invests time and energy in a game, it's usually the >35s to 20 that spends thanks to a way higher disposable income. Compare your current income yun high school kayo versus now that you're working.. it's huge diba?

Personally, I'm an anime fan. So I'm a huge fan of Fast Retailing's Uniqlo's design collaboration with Japanese artists. If you're a car enthusiast, you'd readily buy a shirt with just RB26DETT in big red fonts all over it. Dyan tama si Romeo, love what you do. Kasi paghindi, di ka gaganhan.

There are many shirt-businesses out there. Far more unique than you'd probably imagine. There's a label focusing on just plain white tees for example. Meron din
    "green" advocates that introduced a bamboo-fibre t-shirt (which kinawawa ko sila sa marketing and thesis study nila.. :naughty2: that's why marketing professors love me). Gusto mo maging innovative? Well, there's a spray-type-then-harden-to-a-tshirt type of technology nowadays.. but I don't expect it to hit the market anytime soon.

In the end, don't build your designs. Build your brand. Somewhere... somebody is out there who will be more creative than you, better at you at his t-shirt ideas. Lagi may ganon. However, the way to success here isn't in design (unless you plan on being a fashion designer), but to streamline and standardize your processes so you can reap economies of scale then sell some more. Do you think Ben Chan still thinks of his T-shirt ideas? (well, he does at times sa Forbes mansion niya). He employs dedicated designers to think up on their designs. He simply approves or disapproves of them. What does he concentrate on? How to sell more.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; August 18th, 2013 at 03:18 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Ayaw pa sabihin.

Maitanong nga sa mutual friend natin kung ano yan products mo..... :hysterical:

---

BTT:

*piscesboy: Bago ka siguro magtayo ng business, do an observation first sa mga mataong lugar. Usually SM. Ano ba sinusuot ng tao parati? Printed t-shirt na may tribal, cotton na onti lang design, yun sobrang halatang fake na fred perry... etc.

Then kapag napinpoint mo na ano yun malakas, then dun ka na mag-produce. Kahit small inventory lang -- to see if papatok.

TShirt printing usually malakas yan kapag election. Try mo din magkaron ng connection sa politicos. Baka pagdating ng election tawagin ka nila...
    Di mo ako mahahanap renz we stay under the BIR radar. Besides, as with most companies who stay under, it's not about how big your company is. It's about how many :naughty2:

There are some creative ways on how to market a t-shirt. Problem with simply printing a t-shirt than marketing it is that it will produce inventories and inventories are basically unwanted in this type of industry. Sure, 1 or 3 inventories isn't that bad.. pwede mo sila ipamigay. But once you start talking about the hundreds, you begin to see them as wasted cash. Some of the more lean ones go the opposite way, they'll only produce a t-shirt once somebody orders it.

I will not recommend tying up with politicians. Well, for us.. we don't because money, although masarap siya and all, isn't sometimes worth the headache. First of all, most politicians are well-connected. It's quite rare to see a non-clan first-timer with a budget large enough that they'll be printing out thousands of shirts. Kung barangay level yan, wala. Kung mayoral, few thousands yan. Kung nakakuha ka ng clan, anak ng tipaklong sobrang dami pero ang baba ng presyo. Time and time again, we try to minimize our exposure sa kanila because thanks to their volume, they drive prices very low. And we don't really want low.. kasi ang laki ng risk (which I'll detail later). If you want a glimpse on how the rich boys roll, Estrada once tried ordering millions of shirts. Not just a million, but twenty million shirts or twice the population of Metro Manila just to cover the senatorial bids of his children and his mayoral bid for Manila (then not announced). Problema lang, abot sa pricing.. I had to decline his offer. He didn't built up his clan for nothing, galing mag-negotiate as a businessman.

Ganito kasi sa politico: Kung natalo sila, di sila magbabayad (wala kami pera). Kung nanalo sila, di pa rin sila magbabayad (baka gusto mo ng away?). Once once you begin talking about the bigger fishes, it gets a whole lot complicated.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Di mo ako mahahanap renz we stay under the BIR radar. Besides, as with most companies who stay under, it's not about how big your company is. It's about how many :naughty2:

There are some creative ways on how to market a t-shirt. Problem with simply printing a t-shirt than marketing it is that it will produce inventories and inventories are basically unwanted in this type of industry. Sure, 1 or 3 inventories isn't that bad.. pwede mo sila ipamigay. But once you start talking about the hundreds, you begin to see them as wasted cash. Some of the more lean ones go the opposite way, they'll only produce a t-shirt once somebody orders it.

I will not recommend tying up with politicians. Well, for us.. we don't because money, although masarap siya and all, isn't sometimes worth the headache. First of all, most politicians are well-connected. It's quite rare to see a non-clan first-timer with a budget large enough that they'll be printing out thousands of shirts. Kung barangay level yan, wala. Kung mayoral, few thousands yan. Kung nakakuha ka ng clan, anak ng tipaklong sobrang dami pero ang baba ng presyo. Time and time again, we try to minimize our exposure sa kanila because thanks to their volume, they drive prices very low. And we don't really want low.. kasi ang laki ng risk (which I'll detail later). If you want a glimpse on how the rich boys roll, Estrada once tried ordering millions of shirts. Not just a million, but twenty million shirts or twice the population of Metro Manila just to cover the senatorial bids of his children and his mayoral bid for Manila (then not announced). Problema lang, abot sa pricing.. I had to decline his offer. He didn't built up his clan for nothing, galing mag-negotiate as a businessman.

Ganito kasi sa politico: Kung natalo sila, di sila magbabayad (wala kami pera). Kung nanalo sila, di pa rin sila magbabayad (baka gusto mo ng away?). Once once you begin talking about the bigger fishes, it gets a whole lot complicated.
    Hindi tayo nagkakaiba ng kulay ng dugo, john... berde din.

Kung sabagay, I know a Crystal Clear station owner whom supplies hundreds of 5 gallon drinking water to Solaire and I happened to ask him how is he doing with the deal. Mahirap daw. They had to meet the deadline and the profit margin is too low. He'd rather sell to private people than to huge companies with bulk orders pero barat naman daw ang pricing.

Recently, I haven't seen the truck which used to pick up the gallons of water parked outside his branch. Baka cinut niya na yung deal.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    me kakilala kong me tshirt printing business sa bulacan.
    mukhang ok naman yung benta nila. ewan ko lang sa kita. magkakasosyo kasi sila di ko alam kung ilan.

tshirt daw nila comes from china. dati sa divisoria sila kmukuha.
    yung design ng shirts nila patok sa mga estudyante.
    limited lang prints nila for each design kaya yung mga bumibili sa kanila halos gngwang collection yung tshirtl
    and meron na rin yata silang ibang items like wallets
    and lanyards.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^
    lakas siguro ng negosyo ni sir jhnkvn. multi-M business.

*wangbu: oo maganda pag nakuha mo mga studyante, pag marami kana suki pwede kana mag-expand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123