New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I also have several funds both here and abroad. Normally with this kinds of funds (equity, bonds, or a balnced) its more of BUY AND FORGET na lang. Don't try to time these things, cause the odds are you will get out at the worst of times
    co-sign. i will never withdraw my investments unless it's REALLY necessary. i have funds on AXA, Phil Equity and Philam. i seem to be losing on all of them . but i'm not worried (as of yet) as long as i don't get out, my losses will remain as "paper losses"

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    true its paper loss but when you need the money for emergency i do not think it will be called paper loss anymore. this is the usual term (comfort) people analyze situations like this. but in truth they have to re-evaluate your fund positions because if not funds might end up zero value and that is such a waste.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    First of all you don't put emergency funds into mutual funds, stocks, and long term investments. Money you put into investments are what you call residual assets or excess assets. Your emergency funds should be placed in money market only for quick access while still maintaining some teeth against inflation unlike a regular savings account.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    First of all you don't put emergency funds into mutual funds, stocks, and long term investments. Money you put into investments are what you call residual assets or excess assets. Your emergency funds should be placed in money market only for quick access while still maintaining some teeth against inflation unlike a regular savings account.

Bingo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Suggest Mutual Funds...