New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    wise investment ba mga sir ang kumuha ng VUL kung wala naman ako dependents? or ilagay ko nalang lahat sa MF? I am about to talk to a sunlife rep, gusto ko na mamimili ayoko ma sales talk hehe.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    wise investment ba mga sir ang kumuha ng VUL kung wala naman ako dependents? or ilagay ko nalang lahat sa MF? I am about to talk to a sunlife rep, gusto ko na mamimili ayoko ma sales talk hehe.
    Go with the MF. VUL is only a luxury if you have excess funds.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    same here. VUL kasi is may life part so may protection ka pag namatay ka via death benefits. ang masakit neto, pag di ka nakakabayad ng premium mo, kinukuha sa investment part yung premium para lang magtuloy. in effect, nababawasan yung investment part mo.

sa MF, walang ganun....

kakukuha ko lang kasi sa SL. pinagpiliian ko din yung VUL and yung MF. since iba ang reckoning ng life protection/death benefits, i would rather opt getting a term life na lang for death benefits, although meron na ako.. tinitignan ko lang kung kailangan pang dagdagan.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    ^^ thanks brothers. maybe I can get a separate life insurance in the future nalang.

anybody here got ung Ayala na MF? yung ALFM Mutual funds via BPI? Kamusta ang experience sa overall service nila?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Instead of mutual funds, why not just go for BPI index UITFs instead?

Try comparing the performance of all mutual funds vs the performance of the PSEi over 10 or 15 years. More often than not, mutual funds do not consistently beat the index and are instead lower.

With an index fund, you don't try to beat the market, you just ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Instead of mutual funds, why not just go for BPI index UITFs instead?

Try comparing the performance of all mutual funds vs the performance of the PSEi over 10 or 15 years. More often than not, mutual funds do not consistently beat the index and are instead lower.

With an index fund, you don't try to beat the market, you just ride it.

Hi Chief, thanks for the suggestion. everytime nag e-exam ako nung risk profile lagi ako pumapatak dun sa moderate or slightly below aggressive. I am not sure if its smart on my part na aggressive na agad for a beginner. But I am seriously considering your suggestion, I am also in this for the long term, thanks!!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Not an investment expert, but typically, as you grow older, and your sources of income dry up, you tend to get more averse to risk. The hope is(this is my hope as well) that you've made a big enough pile of cash while you are young and earning/saving well, so that when you get old, the interest you get from the low risk/low reward investments will be enough.

What's more, it's generally easier to recover from investment blunders when you're younger; you probably still have disposable cash(esp. for singles), you still have relatives that can back you up, etc. etc. Me buffer ka kumbaga.

That said, when you're just starting out, prioritize learning the ropes over immediate gains. Understand how each investment vehicle works, and how and when you make money; make small bets, monitor its progress, analyze what you did right/wrong. Seek guidance from reliable mentors(seems madami dito sa Tsikot), broker, etc., but make your own decisions based on their advice. This will give you a bit more confidence for the next step.
    Last edited by badkuk; July 15th, 2016 at 05:41 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    While the rule is generally "younger = higher risk appetite", it's not always the case.

Take the case of a 30 year old who's paying for a home mortgage, car amortization, and milk and vaccines for his 6 month old baby. Now, compare that to a 60 year old man who's already finished paying off all his loans and all his kids have graduated school. Which of the two can accommodate more risk and afford to lose it all in equities?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    let me share you my experience in investments. i initially had UITF Equity with BDO. left it to grow for around 2 years then redeemed it. my gain was around Php7,000.

then after a few months into researching about the stock market, i finally took the leap recently & invested in our stock market. an important note intended to those who still have limited knowledge in the stock market: investing & trading in the stock market are two different subjects.

if you want to trade, you must have excellent knowledge in either fundamental or technical analysis & that takes some time studying. if you have the passion & drive, then go for it. but if you're like me who has other things in mind, then investing in the stock market is a viable choice for you.

the main disadvantage for UITF, mutual funds, etc. for me is that you can't redeem your investment anytime, there has to be some set of holding period & the NAVPU that you want to redeem will not be the same rate you wanted to get. It could be higher or it could be lower.

Aside from the holding period, there are also loads of charges like management fee, exit fee, withholding tax, etc. Loads & loads of charges & you might end up getting less money because of it. UITF & mutual funds in a nutshell is the bank or company using your money to earn profits by trading in the stock market as well & you as the investor will most likely get only a portion of what you should be earning.

UITF & mutual funds are forms of indirect investment in the stock market. So why would you go for the indirect approach when you can very well go for the direct approach by opening an account with a stock broker? There are several stock brokers today but I chose COL Financial.

It suits me fine since I'm working abroad & I can only manage my stocks online. Like I said, I just started investing in the stock market so here's a screenshot of my humble investments.
    stock_update.jpg

the initial capital or principal in investing in the stock market is only at Php5,000. if you want to know more, you can read how to apply for an account with COL here,
    Open a COL account

and the good thing is, you don't even have to be an expert before you can invest in the stock market. ever heard of Bo Sanchez? he is not only preaching the word of God but he is also advocating Pinoys to invest in the stock market. he has a group called The Truly Rich Club(TRC).

they have a method that when strictly followed, can have the highest potential of earnings. if you want to know more about TRC, you can click here,
    The Truly Rich Club

there is a monthly membership fee but it's been all worth it.

do you want to know just how effective the method is from TRC? Bo Sanchez's maid, yes his household worker's portfolio is now worth over one million Pesos as of July 7, 2016. That's only 6 years into investing in the stock market. That's how good the method is if followed strictly with proper self discipline & positive mindset.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    i would also like to share some videos I found while I was still doing research on investing in our stock market. i'm in no way in connection with this guy, but what i like about his videos is he's able to simplify things about investment & the stock market so a lot of people can understand how it works. so here they are.

let me start with this video. it's about the forgotten laws in saving money.

this is for those who spouses or partners in life, you can also watch this video,

due to restrictions on the forum, i'll share the rest of the videos later. these videos are intended to those who are not as financially stable as some of you guys here.

i really found his videos very enlightening so I hope it can help you somehow.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Stocks vs Mutual Funds vs VUL vs UITFS