New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thanks Bro,
    If you open an account with ameritrade, you get access to all their tools right?
    The thing i like wanna learn is how to short although i would have to start slow first since it's kinda high risk.
    I'm also excited that they allow automated trading since i know how to program and it will help a lot in tracking stocks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    good

create an algo

make it chase momentum stocks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hmmm... high frequency trading?
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    Thanks Bro,
    If you open an account with ameritrade, you get access to all their tools right?
    The thing i like wanna learn is how to short although i would have to start slow first since it's kinda high risk.
    I'm also excited that they allow automated trading since i know how to program and it will help a lot in tracking stocks.
    Don't let those so-called "financial experts" tell you that SHORTING is very risky. ITS NOT! Shorting is just as risky as going long! The chances of a stock going down or up is roughly equal. In fact base on my experience its easier to make money in the short side than on the long side. Why? FEAR is a stronger emotion than GREED. When people are fearful they lose rationality much quicker than when they are greedy. Simple lang, people would rather not lose money than to make money.

They (the so-called financial experts) say that upsides are limitless and downside is only to zero thus shorting is supposedly risky. I tell them then you must be stupid enough to let your losses run that much! LONG man or SHORT, practice the same risk management... Kapag short ka pag umakyat to X as determined by your analysis then CUT! Kapag going down and you're making money pag umabot na sa profit target then SELL. Same lang sa LONG, baligtad lang...

To be able to short you have to open a MARGIN ACCOUNT. That allows you access to short as well as use leverage when going LONG. Quite useful and I use it frequently... Basta reminder lagi RISK MANAGEMENT!
    Last edited by tidus1203; September 3rd, 2010 at 01:52 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    *sir origin,

thanx for the lin , currently downloading will put in my phone to have a good read in my free time

thanx also for some advice from other bro esp sir tidus

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hmmm... high frequency trading?
    well HFT is one type of algo trading

but you gotta have the hardware for that

this is from last year

here's the stuff used by hedge fund Renaissance Technologies

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Medyo high tech and super fast na yan... Ok lang mano-mano, slowly look for your trade by watching chart patterns... Its ok if you only have one trade in a week or even a month. Importante kumikita. Dami mo nga trades, puro talo naman panalo lang yung broker sa commission nya!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Stock in focus: Meralco