New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Warning to those who would succeed in their business, always keep a low profile para iwas sa mga kamag anak at kaibigan na puro molestya at utang lang ang alam.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RF02 View Post
    *jhnkvn
    thanks so much may naisip ako bigla sir if ever po may mapili nang business ok din po kayang iwork experience ko yun mismong actual business namin? parang kasama ako lagi sa area with hired na tagapamahala (in the future ako papalit sa pwesto nya or imaintain ko sya kung mapagkakatiwalaan talaga sa business.)
    Unfortunately, wala ako alam sa agri-food business so I can't comment on it. It's not my area of expertise after all so I can only give general advice.

Your business is yours alone. You can hire a manager but it's still essential that you're involved sa day-to-day operations. Your manager can leave, but you can't since you're vested in your business so take matters into your own hands.

I also highly recommend getting a mentor. The reason for this is that it saves you a lot of "hidden" costs in the industry. Knowing what to do when a problem pops out and acting decisively is quite important in a business rather than floundering around to try to fix the situation. What you primarily lose here is time -- and that's arguably more important then money. In our experience, it's easier on the wallet over the long-run if you simply hire a person with experience and learning under him rather than trying to save money by not hiring and simply doing it yourself.

Reading the comments, I find very enlightening answers from fellow tsikoteers. For example I wholeheartedly agree kay jut, most businesses I know that aren't hands-on will fail. That's why I'm on-leave sa group namin since I'm trying to enter the retail sector just waiting for January to finish the papers since I hate paying double registration fees in the city hall and BIR. Though since wala ako masyado ginagawa sa December, my mind's wandering to other businesses nanaman :naughty2: for example, iinisip ko magstart ng autoblog as a sideline (it's something which I contacted Niky na for his advice).

Still, the point is that you should know how to focus. If gagawin mo lang sideline lang yun business, let's say franchise ng Master Siomai, kahit hindi ka full-time okay lang since the business process is there na. Mayroon systema nakalagay na so kahit wala ka, umiikot parin. You can easily balance that type of "businesses" with your day job.

However, if it's a budding family business you're talking about. You will need to commit eventually. Maybe not at the start when it's mostly paperworks, learnings, and approvals. But when the ball is rolling, you need to start focusing. Also pay attention to shadow's post. That's your land -- only you will eventually know what to do with it.

Another important question is "how do I start?" For that, isa lang masasabi ko. Fulfill a need. You do not enter a business and expect it to be a success of the bat. In fact, before we start a business we usually have committed customers already in line. This is how most of our country's taipans start. If you know a rich family who owns a paper mill, it is a great idea to ask if they need an upstream (distribution and retail) or downstream (raw material supplier) "partner" and start from there.

For example, in putting up my retail, I already informed friends and family alike of my intentions to enter into the sportswear industry. So when the time they need the product, pumunta kayo saakin wag sa iba. While you will get critics kahit ano gawin mo.. remember that marketing is still marketing.. do it shamelessly. (P.S. Kung sino may kilalang retail store manager dyan preferably one who works at a shopping center, kindly PM his/her details to me )

Another example is the case of our coal import business, the #1 customer is us. It first started out as a need to lower the cost of raw materials for better margins on the parent company - this led us to negotiate with coal producers from other countries. Eventually, we entered into a contract agreement with an Indonesian coal company to supply us coal. Now for the effort done - negotiations, ports, logistics, warehousing, etc. savings namin per kilogram isn't big.. it's just mere cents. But these savings pile up over time and I'm pretty sure saving a Vios or two is worth the headache. Because not only do we save but we also open an opportunity to spin it off into another business. Of course, when your opponent is Semirara which is considered a monopoly in the domestic market (they produce more than 90% of total coal production in the country) don't really expect it to grow that big
    Last edited by jhnkvn; December 7th, 2014 at 10:44 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by RF02 View Post
    Hi ma'am and sir!

few months earlier po kasi may binigay samin na lupa.
    ayaw ko naman ibenta ito dahil sayang lang at naisip kong mag full time nalang sa future family business.

need help po sana dahil first time ko po mag mamanage ng business at willing po ko matuto at mag stop sa current work matutukan lang po yun itatayong business ko po.

ang choices ko po sana eh yung may mga experiences yun parents ko at yun gf ko (ako lang wala experience sa sariling negosyo )

1. taniman (may isang lupa kasi dun na may irigation at continuos yun tanim at harvest) kaso least priority ko ito dahil nandun na ito ongoing na sya eh gusto ko sana mag start ng sarili naming negosyo

2. piggery

3. poultry

4. any suggestions po na pwedeng idagdag sa list?

sa current situation po ng bansa natin ngayon, at sa technology available ano po kaya pinaka BEST at tingin nyo po mag boboom na negosyo kung gagawin po namin sya next year probably 2-3 quarter po?

yun lupa po eh may malayo sa mga barrio at kalsada yun iba naman eh along the road kaya makakapili po depende sa negosyo

maraming salamat po ^____^
    Pwede kang makitandem sa iba, sa iyo ang lupa, hati kayo sa kita. Less stress for you na starting your own business, and if magsawa un partner mo pwedeng ikaw na magtuloy, by that time familiar ka na sa pagnenegosyo.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    kamusta na kaya si ts? if significant yun size ng lupa, ituloy mo na as agricultural. start ka muna small. nanggaling na ko ilocos area at mukhang mahirap palay since madalang natural source of irrigation. marami dyan bawang sibuyas singkamas. try mo kahit 5 hectares muna para makabisado mo galawan ng market like kung alin crop ang may pinakamagandang yield at pinakamagandang kita. at the same time
    kilalanin mo ang mga necessary contacts like yun prospective clients, suppliers like truckers and sources ng maayos na binhi.

kung kita ang hahanapin mo, may kita naman dyan basta commercial ang scale. baka mas malaki kesa mag-empleyado ka. kaya lang hindi yan kagaya ng ibang business na daily may income. depende yan kung tuwing kelan ka haharvest. try to scout buyers na mataas kumuha at laging nagbabayad ng cash since fast moving ang agricultural products.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'm also planning to put up my own business, any LPG Dealers here? I'm thinking of setting up one in our neighborhood medyo bago ang subdivision namin and I think i have an advantage. I just need some inputs from existing dealers/owners. \

What are the things that I need to consider? so far I can see na palaki ng palaki ang subdivision namin from Phase 1 to Phase 6 na ngayon, I have access to the list of all the household living inside the subdivision since I will be developing the payment system for the subdivisions water bills. I've also created a facebook page para sa homeowners which I think can also be used as channel for marketing. Monitoring planning to develop/setup a simple app which will allow me to monitor ung mga sales ko and to do follow ups kung mauubos na ang gas tank (proactive measure), willing to give freebies din say for every 3 consecutive refills you get something in return.

These are my ideas, if anyone can give me other considerations please do post it.. will really help a lot, especially dun sa mga may experience na.

TIA.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'm also planning to put up my own business, any LPG Dealers here? I'm thinking of setting up one in our neighborhood medyo bago ang subdivision namin and I think i have an advantage. I just need some inputs from existing dealers/owners. \

What are the things that I need to consider? so far I can see na palaki ng palaki ang subdivision namin from Phase 1 to Phase 6 na ngayon, I have access to the list of all the household living inside the subdivision since I will be developing the payment system for the subdivisions water bills. I've also created a facebook page para sa homeowners which I think can also be used as channel for marketing. Monitoring planning to develop/setup a simple app which will allow me to monitor ung mga sales ko and to do follow ups kung mauubos na ang gas tank (proactive measure), willing to give freebies din say for every 3 consecutive refills you get something in return.

These are my ideas, if anyone can give me other considerations please do post it.. will really help a lot, especially dun sa mga may experience na.

TIA.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir strikto ba yung subdivision nyo? some homeowners may complain about your LPG shop being a fire hazard, etc. etc. Me experience na dati kapatid ko diyan, kahit restaurant lang sa bungad ng subdivision e sinita pa rin ng homeowners association :confused:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post

What are the things that I need to consider? TIA.
    For avoidance of future trouble/problem, your LPG storage should be isolated sa residential area aside from the fire safety controls in place.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    For avoidance of future trouble/problem, your LPG storage should be isolated sa residential area aside from the fire safety controls in place.
    Actually di naman strict I have a commercial space na plan ko i-utilize, then ang market ko ung mga adjacent subdivisions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Actually di naman strict I have a commercial space na plan ko i-utilize, then ang market ko ung mga adjacent subdivisions.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    kamusta na kaya si ts? if significant yun size ng lupa, ituloy mo na as agricultural. start ka muna small. nanggaling na ko ilocos area at mukhang mahirap palay since madalang natural source of irrigation. marami dyan bawang sibuyas singkamas. try mo kahit 5 hectares muna para makabisado mo galawan ng market like kung alin crop ang may pinakamagandang yield at pinakamagandang kita. at the same time
    kilalanin mo ang mga necessary contacts like yun prospective clients, suppliers like truckers and sources ng maayos na binhi.

kung kita ang hahanapin mo, may kita naman dyan basta commercial ang scale. baka mas malaki kesa mag-empleyado ka. kaya lang hindi yan kagaya ng ibang business na daily may income. depende yan kung tuwing kelan ka haharvest. try to scout buyers na mataas kumuha at laging nagbabayad ng cash since fast moving ang agricultural products.
    hi, eto nagiisip parin kung ano gagawin business.

pero yun kamaganak ko na may lupa rin nakuha dun near sa lupa namin eh nag tayo na ng babuyan so as of now inoobserbahan ko kung kaya ba sa climate dun yun pagaalaga ng baboy issunod nila manukan... so incase wala naging problema saka ko iistart yun samin sa sarili naming lupa.

update ko kayo lahat guys maraming salamat po ulit, lagi kong tatandaan lahat ng habilin nyo po ^__^
    God bless you all

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post

hi, eto nagiisip parin kung ano gagawin business.

pero yun kamaganak ko na may lupa rin nakuha dun near sa lupa namin eh nag tayo na ng babuyan so as of now inoobserbahan ko kung kaya ba sa climate dun yun pagaalaga ng baboy issunod nila manukan... so incase wala naging problema saka ko iistart yun samin sa sarili naming lupa.

update ko kayo lahat guys maraming salamat po ulit, lagi kong tatandaan lahat ng habilin nyo po ^__^
    God bless you all

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast