New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yup, Flair is the DMCI project in that area.

SMDC owns quite a lot of real estate from Boni - Pioneer all the way to near Rob Galleria. They bought out that property beside Light (Euro Med?), the Energizer property and the used car lot between ADB and Poveda.
    sabi ng pinsan ko mas malalaki daw ang cut ng mga units ng DMCI kesa sa katabi nyang SMDC at Ayala condo....resort type pa ang design.
    kagandahan pa daw non, katabi mo lang din naman yung mga pinagmamalaki ng 2 katabing condo....yung mga malls nila. so parang mai-enjoy mo din yung features nila.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    sabi ng pinsan ko mas malalaki daw ang cut ng mga units ng DMCI kesa sa katabi nyang SMDC at Ayala condo....resort type pa ang design.
    kagandahan pa daw non, katabi mo lang din naman yung mga pinagmamalaki ng 2 katabing condo....yung mga malls nila. so parang mai-enjoy mo din yung features nila.
    Yup, that's why if it was for a my own personal residence, I'd prefer the DMCI due to the larger cuts (i was looking at the website for Flair some months back). But if it's for the purpose of purchasing as a unit you can rent out easily, the Ayala or SM locations may be better, depending on who your target market is. Of course, it also boils down to pricing.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    problem lang parati nang DMCI eh parking.. sa Tivoli, Dansalan and sa Illumina.. yan ang problema nila..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    problem lang parati nang DMCI eh parking.. sa Tivoli, Dansalan and sa Illumina.. yan ang problema nila..
    Na-miss read ang market? One possibility is because they read the market to be those who have no vehicles as this happened to another developer i know. They sold units at around 750K to 800K through Pag Ibig, so at that range the target market was deemed to be those who really didn't have cars... Turned out the buyers would even have cars that were more expensive then the condo units.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kaya naubos din kasi multiple parking ang binili nung iba then they rent it out.. separate kasi title nang parking..

unlike sa ibang developers.. like ayala land.. kasama sa unit yung parking.. making sure all units have parking space..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If it's a condo for me to live in, at that area, i'd go with the DMCI. If it's for rentals, the SMDC or Ayala projects are more viable due to their proximity to EDSA-LRT.
    Sir vinj, what made you choose dmci for condo living? I have invested in one (Taguig area) and would like to validate if I made the right decision.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's a condo for me to live in, at that area, i'd go with the DMCI. If it's for rentals, the SMDC or Ayala projects are more viable due to their proximity to EDSA-LRT.
    Sir vinj, what made you choose dmci for condo living? I have invested in one (Taguig area) and would like to validate if I made the right dec

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Na-miss read ang market? One possibility is because they read the market to be those who have no vehicles as this happened to another developer i know. They sold units at around 750K to 800K through Pag Ibig, so at that range the target market was deemed to be those who really didn't have cars... Turned out the buyers would even have cars that were more expensive then the condo units.
    And they allow the homeowners/tenants to acquire/rent more than 1 parking space.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    kaya naubos din kasi multiple parking ang binili nung iba then they rent it out.. separate kasi title nang parking..

unlike sa ibang developers.. like ayala land.. kasama sa unit yung parking.. making sure all units have parking space..
    Actually, i do advice friends who buy condos to always get a parking slot as it adds the marketability of your unit in the rental market or you can rent it out separately.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Sir vinj, what made you choose dmci for condo living? I have invested in one (Taguig area) and would like to validate if I made the right decision.
    I haven't bought a DMCI project yet. In fact we recently got one from another developer but i can say DMCI has got the construction/development turnaround pretty much pat, while some other developers who are still on the learning curve. This can translate to less headaches with defects and better planned projects for the buyers. You also look at the buyer profile of the project. If it has a lot of end-users (the actual owners live in it), then the community usually is more likely to be better maintained and the association dues don't end up with too many delinquents as the stakeholders are present. This doesn't apply to all though.

On another note, outside of Rockwell Land and Ayala Land, I would shy away from a high-falluting/high-end project with those "resort living"and "designer" hooplas. If its high end with a lot of frills, the association dues are expensive and maintenance is going to be a headache. What the more if the buyers are those who are speculative or based abroad? Chances are mapapabayaan lang and the rental market for that is quite limited.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Tutuo kaya yung rumor I heard from a stock trader friend of mine that - "SMDC is said to have reached single borrower's limit in most banks. Even third rate banks are said to be refusing to lend to SMDC. To provide liquidity to SMDC, management is merging her with SMPH"

Kung tutuo eto...tagilid ang mga sumugal sa SMDC...lalo na ang mga pre-selling nila na properties.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post
    Tutuo kaya yung rumor I heard from a stock trader friend of mine that - "SMDC is said to have reached single borrower's limit in most banks. Even third rate banks are said to be refusing to lend to SMDC. To provide liquidity to SMDC, management is merging her with SMPH"

Kung tutuo eto...tagilid ang mga sumugal sa SMDC...lalo na ang mga pre-selling nila na properties.
    I would not put it that way as Single Borrower's Limit (SBL) pertains to ownership of a company as well; thus SMDC, SMIC, Highlands Prime, etc. etc. will be grouped under the same SBL in each bank (plus the SM group is limited and closely watched with their dealings with their own banks). Given that, SBL will not be the reason why the companies will be merged. The same issue of SBL applies with large conglomerates such as San Miguel and Metro Pacific where they have billions in borrowings from banks and market issuances.

The SM group also has issues of competing against it's own as the different developers they have compete in the same areas in some cases. If they would be merging, it's probably to support the company that has been expanding too fast for it's own good through consolidation. At the end though, they still have a lock on a lot of prime properties in the Metro.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
SM Residences - as investment?