New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you plan to rent it out, the location is good as it's next to the LRT, and is between Ortigas and Makati. It's not a flood-prone area (although during heavy downpours, the drainage on that part of EDSA sometimes gets overwhelmed but isn't much of an issue to the development) and on terms of foundation, I think that part of the Metro (Mandaluyong) is pretty much adobe and it's a safe distance from the Marikina faultline as compared to the Ortigas hi-rises.

The construction is also handled by another party (not Megawide which had some issues with quality on the first few projects... Mezza Residences was a nightmare it seems).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Magkakahelera yan sa stretch ng edsa, yan sm na yan, avida centera and a dmci project...iba iba features almost the same price range..at the end its the developer you trust and who best maintains their projects inthe long run ang labanan...just check their track records...
    If it's a condo for me to live in, at that area, i'd go with the DMCI. If it's for rentals, the SMDC or Ayala projects are more viable due to their proximity to EDSA-LRT.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Investment wise, ok ang condo. Kung paparent mo lang and ireresell afterwards. Location na lang nagkakatalo. But if you plan to live in it, take note of it's shelf life or condonation, there are restrictions na after some years they will have to demolish the building and put up a new one, specially if the local gov't declares the bldg unsafe and inhabitable.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If it's a condo for me to live in, at that area, i'd go with the DMCI. If it's for rentals, the SMDC or Ayala projects are more viable due to their proximity to EDSA-LRT.

Doon sa may P. Sanchez Sta. Mesa maraming DMCI homes....

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    try look sa sampaloc area sa manila sa University Belt ok din kuha condo dun kung paparent lang...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    Investment wise, ok ang condo. Kung paparent mo lang and ireresell afterwards. Location na lang nagkakatalo. But if you plan to live in it, take note of it's shelf life or condonation, there are restrictions na after some years they will have to demolish the building and put up a new one, specially if the local gov't declares the bldg unsafe and inhabitable.
    AFAIK, if the building is demolished in the lifetime of the owner, they still own a share of the property that is left or whatever is build afterwards.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    only the condo corp or any corporation has a lifespan of 50 years.. the building if maintained properly can last more than 50 years..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    are you referring to FLAIR CONDO?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    are you referring to FLAIR CONDO?
    Yup, Flair is the DMCI project in that area.

SMDC owns quite a lot of real estate from Boni - Pioneer all the way to near Rob Galleria. They bought out that property beside Light (Euro Med?), the Energizer property and the used car lot between ADB and Poveda.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    If you are to dwell on it, i say you better get a landed one. Whatever happens, you own the land unlike condo, hati-hati kayo sa lupa & how do you
    share a piece of land among a thousand owners? Tama ang sabi ng ilan dito, building has an expiration & what happens when that time come's.
    Remember the condo that had gas leaked, 2 years na mahigit hindi pa rin sila pinababalik sa pagaari nila & no compensation.

If you are to rent it out, get something that's near exclusive schools. It's easier to lease in these areas than in the middle of no where. Besides, exclusive
    school students got the dough to support their kids schooling needs. Parents are mostly well to do if not high earning OFWs. Believe me, i talk of experience.

Yung mga out of no where locations, puro mga working family or inidividuals makukuha mo which have their own financial misery.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
SM Residences - as investment?