New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 438
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,874
    #1
    I'm in a really big dilemma. My Lola has some properties which she has already transferred to her heirs. But out of respect, it is still her decision on what to sell, when to sell and who to give the proceeds to. We have a potential buyer in one property but the problem is part of it is an estate already (2 of her children have passed away)

    My Lola does not want to give to some of the heirs which is the bigger problem. She does not want to give to my brother's ex wife and children. She also does not want to give to my cousin who got pregnant out of wedlock. Our 89 yr old family lawyer, wanted to do what was fair, which is to give everyone who has a legal right their share. BUT my Lola insists on what she wants which is actually to my advantage because this would increase my share.

    They found a new lawyer who was willing to do "magic" and I had a one on one meeting with him on Saturday. I went to my Lola's house afterwards and she asked me, what's my decision. And now I am in a dilemma. I know my Lola really loves me and I also want to respect her decision, which is for the share to go solely to me. BUT my friends who I have talked to, and even my Kuya (cousin) said to give what is due even if we never really had a relationship with my brother's wife and children.

    The amount really isn't that much, it's out of principle, it's a property that has been in our family for over a century and we don't think it's fair to give someone a share just because they were spawned by one of us. My little cousin said "di mo mapupulot yan" and we don't have a good relationship with them. Para naman kami tanga na magbibigay pa sa taong hindi naman namin gusto.

    So my question is, morally, do they really deserve a share? I think a person with delicadeza should not go after it anymore, but my brother's ex wife has none of that.

  2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    210
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I'm in a really big dilemma. My Lola has some properties which she has already transferred to her heirs. But out of respect, it is still her decision on what to sell, when to sell and who to give the proceeds to. We have a potential buyer in one property but the problem is part of it is an estate already (2 of her children have passed away)

    My Lola does not want to give to some of the heirs which is the bigger problem. She does not want to give to my brother's ex wife and children. She also does not want to give to my cousin who got pregnant out of wedlock. Our 89 yr old family lawyer, wanted to do what was fair, which is to give everyone who has a legal right their share. BUT my Lola insists on what she wants which is actually to my advantage because this would increase my share.

    They found a new lawyer who was willing to do "magic" and I had a one on one meeting with him on Saturday. I went to my Lola's house afterwards and she asked me, what's my decision. And now I am in a dilemma. I know my Lola really loves me and I also want to respect her decision, which is for the share to go solely to me. BUT my friends who I have talked to, and even my Kuya (cousin) said to give what is due even if we never really had a relationship with my brother's wife and children.

    The amount really isn't that much, it's out of principle, it's a property that has been in our family for over a century and we don't think it's fair to give someone a share just because they were spawned by one of us. My little cousin said "di mo mapupulot yan" and we don't have a good relationship with them. Para naman kami tanga na magbibigay pa sa taong hindi naman namin gusto.

    So my question is, morally, do they really deserve a share? I think a person with delicadeza should not go after it anymore, but my brother's ex wife has none of that.
    actually let your grandma decide what she want and if she give it tobyou then you decide if you want to share it with your relatives maybe your grandma know them so she protective of the property

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    13,039
    #3
    Always do what is right.

    Try to change shoes with the wife of your brother..

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,874
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    Always do what is right.

    Try to change shoes with the wife of your brother..
    Ex wife.

    She remarried. What's more appalling is the new husband even asked my Lola when our family sold a property several years back. I don't even know how that ahole found out. The ex wife also disrespected my Lola and called her pakialamera ata. Hahaha.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    13,039
    #5
    may anak ba yung brother mo don? if meron eh di consider mo na lang na para don sa anak nya yun.. wala namang kasalanan yung bata don sa pinag gagawa nang nanay nya..

    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Ex wife.

    She remarried. What's more appalling is the new husband even asked my Lola when our family sold a property several years back. I don't even know how that ahole found out. The ex wife also disrespected my Lola and called her pakialamera ata. Hahaha.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,874
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    may anak ba yung brother mo don? if meron eh di consider mo na lang na para don sa anak nya yun.. wala namang kasalanan yung bata don sa pinag gagawa nang nanay nya..
    Meron but my Lola doesn't want to give also. They're in their 20s already and the eldest manipulated my Lola into giving her money for several months which is one reason why my Lola is so mad. We think the eldest has psychiatric issues because even the school was tricked into believing her lies. Clinical psychopath daw em

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,963
    #7
    Respect your lola's wishes while she's still around. After she's gone, as morbid as it sounds, do whatever you wish.

    Your ultimate decision can either repair the riff or burn bridges, so really think it over and consider all aspects.

  8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    38,719
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Meron but my Lola doesn't want to give also. They're in their 20s already and the eldest manipulated my Lola into giving her money for several months which is one reason why my Lola is so mad. We think the eldest has psychiatric issues because even the school was tricked into believing her lies. Clinical psychopath daw em

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Nag-asawa na pala ng iba e.,- iba nang usapan iyan....

    Pero kamo 20 na ang pamangkin mo?

    Still - if your Lola does not want to give their share,- do that in writing and in the presence of a Lawyer.

    Problem solved.

    _/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

    32.8K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,874
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Your ultimate decision can either repair the riff or burn bridges, so really think it over and consider all aspects.
    Yes, my Lola is 90 (though still strong) She asked me what is my decision and it is the reason for my sleepless nights. My kuya cousin expressed that he does not agree to this and so he will be hands off on this issue. He already had an argument with my Lola because of this.

    Since it is just our inheritance, imo, she should decide how she wants to divide it. BUT some in our family are saying it should be divided equally.

    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post


    Nag-asawa na pala ng iba e.,- iba nang usapan iyan....

    Pero kamo 20 na ang pamangkin mo?

    Still - if your Lola does not want to give their share,- do that in writing and in the presence of a Lawyer.

    Problem solved.

    _/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

    32.8K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
    The problem is the property for sale is not in my Lola's name anymore. But the children have a right. We are not yet sure if legitimate or illegitimate.

  10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,772
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I know my Lola really loves me and I also want to respect her decision, which is for the share to go solely to me. BUT my friends who I have talked to, and even my Kuya (cousin) said to give what is due even if we never really had a relationship with my brother's wife and children.
    Do what is right Cathy. No amount of money can give you peace of mind. The money you can always earn back.

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Should Inheritance Always Be Equal or Fair?