New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Can anyone recommend? Preferrably not the ones that are specific to any investment instrument, ung generic...one that includes stocks, bonds, treasury bills, LTNCDs, etc. For total newbies, as in savings account/time deposit lang ang alam.

Me nagtatanong kasi sa akin...to be frank, hindi ako qualified, and i don't want the responsibility in case malugi sila.

We did have a seminar back in my old job, yung company ni Colayco iirc. OK naman yung seminar, the speaker managed to get the point across that you need to invest now for retirement...what i didn't like is that he didn't drive home the point that investments with 10-16% returns are pretty hard to come by, so i felt naging complacent tuloy officemates ko.

Si COL naman, i feel they're far too bullish all the time. It rubs off on the audience and it makes them careless. And siyempre produkto nila yung pinupush.

tia

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yeah those seminars organized by brokerage firms... basically customer-recruiting seminars

--

friends were talking about investments

so naturally the first word is stocks, then bonds, mutual funds, etc

but know what the conclusion is?

there's no paper investment that can give you better returns than a real business

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ^ but putting up a business does carry a lot of time, effort and risk. Mas mahirap nang magnegosyo ngayon compared to our grandparents' or even parents' time. ultimong skyflakes me 3-4 brands na compared to dati.