New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's why i prefer to have all those having a professional drivers license pay at leat P10,000 year and their license should be renewed every year. they are earning as much as the ordinary employees and causing chaos/trafic on the roads but has no finanacial obligation to the society. by letting them pay the proper amout...at least they will learn that they have some responsibility to the society and do their driving properly.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think this is a better tax scheme:

collect only a MINIMAL (or even zero) income tax. BUT increase tax on goods.

this way:

1. savings are encouraged... savings aren't taxed but spending is.
    2. everyone in all socioeconomic classes share in the tax burden, unlike now where many of the "poor" don't pay income tax. plus, it would be equitable because how much tax you pay would depend on how much goods you consume.
    3. you don't feel that indescribable rage whenever you get your paycheck and read how much has been deducted from it for the tax take (hah hah!)
    4. (correct me if im wrong) it's easier to collect taxes on goods than income tax (especially for self-employed people)
    Last edited by mbt; November 4th, 2005 at 08:25 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmmm pwede!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    i wonder how they got these figures.
    i can proudly say that our business is legal.hindi nagtatagal ang mga business sa tabi namin na hindi nagbabayad ng tamang buwis..huli agad eh..matinik BIR sa area namin,.

pero come to think of it...i dont think it's the self employed who should take the blame...and the SHAME lahat lahat.they are the middle class...which is actually beginning to die and put a big gap between the upper and the lower class. kailangan sila nga ang alagaan ng gobyerno. pero actually, tingnan mo, sila rin yata ang may pinakamalaking tax na binabayaran sa gobyerno.

i dont know..something just doesn't feel right sa report.i dont know..is it because we are self employed?that it's the only side na nakikita namin?

but the one who wrote it might also be employed in a company and never have experienced having his own business.never having to experience how hard and expensive it is for us to pay the right taxes.kung alam niyo lang kung magkano binagayaran sa tax...ibang klase.
    yes this is very true. The middle class carries all the burden in taxation. In the US, inaalagaan nila ang middle class. Yung pinsan ko na nagtatrabaho ay kinakaltasan ng 40% in tax!

However, the majority of the population is poor and they are a big chunk of voters which choose our leaders. Haaaaaaaaaaaay.....

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by A121
    yes this is very true. The middle class carries all the burden in taxation. In the US, inaalagaan nila ang middle class. Yung pinsan ko na nagtatrabaho ay kinakaltasan ng 40% in tax!

However, the majority of the population is poor and they are a big chunk of voters which choose our leaders. Haaaaaaaaaaaay.....

isa pa yan... with the way the system is here in pinas... ano kaya ang kalalabasan kung sa bawat piso na tax na bayad mo eh isang boto for an official? yung malaki ang magbayad ang syang mag co control ng bansa? businesses / rich people (who pay the right taxes) will have control over the nation? hmm..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The problem dito sa atin we pay taxes then what? Alagaan ang mga tamad na masa? one example lang water para sa masa, bahay para sa masa, kung ano pang leche leche para sa masa...Ano naman para sa atin na mga TAX PAYER? They should always remember that the tax payer are the one feeding the masa not the stupid government officials.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    onga tingnan nyo galit na si Yao hehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I pay my income tax correctly. And it pains me to see some crooked gov't officials getting their dirty fingers on my hard earned money. I have to admit there are days when I think to myself whether I'm stupid or crazy for paying the correct amount of taxes when I know some idiot in government will be lining their pockets with some of it. It also pisses me off when I see some billboards on some ongoing gov't projects proclaiming that the said project is made possible courtesy of XX politician, it's our taxes that's paying for the project, not the politician's, we don't owe them anything for the project, it's his duty to use taxes properly to build roads, schools, etc. It's my duty to pay taxes.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pag sinabi ba self-employed kasama yun fil-chinese SME biz? malalakas kasi ito mga ito kumita, lalo na yun involved sa importation ng goods/merchandise direct from neighboring Chinese-oriented countries. well, I guess may point yun writer to check them. kasi kung minsan nakakapagtaka kumbakit ang presyo nila eh halos 60% lang ng mga nabibili sa malls like computers, hardware stuff, toys etc ...

i'm not saying na mali sila pero I have to admit na nakakabili din ako sa kanila coz mura nga like those in divisoria, greenhills, tiangges and residential houses turned warehouse ...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aba teka teka, bakit special mention na naman yung mga fil-chinese??! hehehehe :bwahaha:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Self-Employed Evade P106B in Taxes