New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    pano rin magkakaroon ng motivation mga self employed evaders to pay the right taxes when all they see are corrupt govt. officials, lets say the govt. has changed for the better, im positive at least 50% of these evaders would gladly pay the right taxes, except the full time evaders.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    i wonder how they got these figures.
    i can proudly say that our business is legal.hindi nagtatagal ang mga business sa tabi namin na hindi nagbabayad ng tamang buwis..huli agad eh..matinik BIR sa area namin,.

pero come to think of it...i dont think it's the self employed who should take the blame...and the SHAME lahat lahat.they are the middle class...which is actually beginning to die and put a big gap between the upper and the lower class. kailangan sila nga ang alagaan ng gobyerno. pero actually, tingnan mo, sila rin yata ang may pinakamalaking tax na binabayaran sa gobyerno.

i dont know..something just doesn't feel right sa report.i dont know..is it because we are self employed?that it's the only side na nakikita namin?

but the one who wrote it might also be employed in a company and never have experienced having his own business.never having to experience how hard and expensive it is for us to pay the right taxes.kung alam niyo lang kung magkano binagayaran sa tax...ibang klase.

The middle class is carrying the burden actually! If you study deeply the tax structure of the country particularly the EVAT, talagang anti-entreprenuer (small and medium-sized) and very regressive! Well, I won't delve on this anymore than necessary.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when i get up in the morning, my motivation to work my ass off is so i'll be able to give more money to the government so they can spend it on mistresses, gas-guzzling SUVs, numerous trips abroad, mansions & what-have-yous....yey!

i say let's all stop paying our taxes until the gov't can prove that ALL our hard-earned money is spent wisely FOR US, and that they are indeed here to SERVE US, not the other way around...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The higher taxes may hurt right now but I guess it is the only way to go...we cannot compare our country to canada since they are already well developed and are actually already reaping the benefits of their early adoption of higher vaue added taxes to finance the government...I just hope that our country would someday have the responsible government officials unlike what we have today that are just stupid pulitikos. This report on non payment of taxes is real and we cannot ignore it but ofcourse the figures may be a bit bloated just to get the issue some news.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    self employed ako...
    give me better roads, effective mass transport, no red tape then maybe i think about paying my taxes correctly...
    ay oo nga pala i pay my taxes correctly....parang lugi ako i dont receive what i deserve from the government...

shame on you.
    to add to this..

i understand na transition will always take time... i want to live to see that day that EACH AND EVERY SINGLE TAXPAYER pays the right taxes... but from where our society is right now... napaka hirap.. the question is WHERE AND HOW TO START...

to explain further = even if i, as a self employed with a small to medium sized business, eh am paying the right taxes, but if my competitor isn't and is pricing his products way below (coz he can afford to by not paying the right taxes, plus maybe his products are smuggled or technically smuggled)... so okay lang na magsara ako ng negosyo ko kasi mas mataas ang presyo ko? do i blame the market / consumers for preferring lower priced - same quality product as to what i am offering? so okay lang isara ko negosyo ko kasi i can't compete dahil i pay the right taxes to govt? okay lang na mabayaran ko ang taxes na dapat ko bayaran pero ang pamilya ko eh naghihirap? mag migrate na rin ako since mahirap mag compete sa environment dito sa pilipinas? in a way, this is about survival... the point: level the playing field. my business won't survive pag marami sa competition ko can get away with short cuts (be it not paying taxes and duties, not paying the right wages, etc)

i somehow understand na kaya mas naging desperate ang BIR ngayon is dahil sa napaka komplikadong history na rin ng pilipinas: too much politics, junking of bataan nuclear power plant, IPPs, napocor mismanagement, nsc mismanagement... laht lahat na isama mo... at ngayon, time has caught up and the bomb is about to explode... panic mode na talaga....

sana nga responsable ang pag gamit ng govt sa mga taxes.. but when you see it in the news that congress and senate all have the balls to burden the public with additional taxes but raise all hell and heaven when asked to cut their pork barrel... when malacanang propaganda releases press statements to support legislated wage increases without any safety nets for the business sectors to maintain their viability (hindi naman sila nag iingay at ang rarally sa mendiola eh kaya okay lang)... somehow.. i wish i had enough points and money so that i can migrate to australia, canada or new zealand....

now i am really depressed...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    nooo wag new zealand, mas marami pa cows dun kesa tao hehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter

but the one who wrote it might also be employed in a company and never have experienced having his own business.never having to experience how hard and expensive it is for us to pay the right taxes.kung alam niyo lang kung magkano binagayaran sa tax...ibang klase.

korek ka diyan kOya. . .wala ako pang goodies tuloy sa kotse ko
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

8. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    highly unlikely that that figure is accurate or can be substantiated. otherwise they would have evidence to go after the so called tax evaders.

however it it obvious that a lot of people are not paying correct taxes, in all my dealings with doctors and lawyers, for example, i have only received a receipt once.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm sure kung bibigyan mo ng chance ang mga tao, hinde rin sila magbabayad ng taxes sa bulok na gov't natin.... and difference lang ng mga ordinary employess eh bawas na kaagad ang mga taxes before nila makuha ang sweldo nila, kaya no chice sila....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    additional thought:

may kasabihan na "There are only 2 things that we cannot escape in life... DEATH and TAXES.." in a way totoo yan... just what makes it different in other countries and here in the philippines?

the rampant disregard of us here of the law... sa ibang bansa... they also try to avoid not paying taxes... some of them get caught i believe.. and pay the price... dito sa pilipinas... para bang mas in yung hindi pagsunod sa pagbayad ng taxes... marami kasi nakakalusot eh... kung hindi naman palulusutin talaga, tingin ko walang lulusot... but since andyan yung pakikisama... yung padri-padrino... nakakalusot from paying taxes dahil na co-corrupt yung system.. tuloy nagkakaroon ng uneven playing field...

i think medyo pareho din to sa thought na ang pinoy sa abroad mas disiplinado kaysa sa pinoy dito sa pinas...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Self-Employed Evade P106B in Taxes