New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I will take the entrance exam of San Beda Law this coming April. Is there anyone who can give me tips about such exam? I only have three choices for law school: San Beda College of Law, San Sebastian Law School and UST Faculty of Civil Law. In order to get a high-paying job after passing the bar examinations, I think I should enter San Beda. This is my last vestige of hope. I failed the UP Law Aptitude Exam and was unable to take the Ateneo Law Entrance Exam. Do you think that the name of the school has a bearing for future employments. Kindly give the most sound advice on this matter. Have a good day! Thank you in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Your candor is admirable, however, the law profession is not that merciful to people who admits failures easily. Just kidding.

San Beda Law school entrance exam may not be as tough as those of UP and Ateneo but getting through the whole course is a different story. Thus, if you prepared well for UP LAE I assure you that you are already well prepared for SBC exam.

As to future employment, graduates of the UP, Ateneo and SBC are usually given preferential attention by refutable law firms. However, a diligent lawyer from any school can make the playing or practice field a lot more even in 5 to 10 years. After awhile if you make a name for yourself people would not even bother knowing the name of your law school.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Aim for the best... San Beda is the 2nd top law school in the Philippines in terms of passing percentage among its graduates. It produces topnotch lawyers, the creme of the crop, and the brightest minds in the legal arena. The highest bar rating was achieved by a Bedan, Florenz Regalado, and many other justices came from this prestigious school (ie Leila De Lima of the Human Rights Commission, famous election lawyer Sixto Brilliantes, the late senator Raul Roco, Ex-senator & former human rights figure Rene Saguisag, Associate Justice Antonio Nachura, Atty Avelino Cruz, and many more... ).

Unlike U.P. & Ateneo, once you get through its tough exams, they will spoonfeed you. BUT, in the San Beda College of Law, they use the socratic method, where law professors will be more interested in learning from you, their students. Thus, you will have to do some real hard work, recite tons of provisions and explain the various points of the laws. Just like the PMA, your character will be molded so you could be the best of yourself.

To quote: San Beda is well known for making ordinary students extraordinary. I am only a Commerce graduate of this school but I have high respects to our College of Law survivors, I may say. Every year, out of 400 to 500 who enter freshman year, only 50 to 80 reach 4th year, but to be fair, I would say these survivors are what they call the "presumed lawyers". As a matter of fact, bar topnotchers from Arellano, UST, San Sebastian, and other schools within the university belt, at some point during the course of their law school years, have attended San Beda also. All that matters is the training you could acquire. If you are taking up medicine, go to UST, if hotel management, go for San Sebastian. But for College of Law, definitely go to San Beda... You won't regret it. Once you've become a part of the Bedan Community, you'll see the value. Good luck!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

OT: Our immediate neighbor (husband and wife) are Lawyers from that school..... A stone's throw away is another Lawyer, also from the same school.... They're good people...

9202:toothbrush:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Yeah the LSAT Test Dates are already out and my test will be in the next month so I am just freaking out these days. I have not done that much preparations so now looking for one month crash course and will prefer an online one. Hopefully I will be able to find a good course soon.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Medyo ot but i've always wondered Are digong and de lima batchmates at san beda law? Or if ever nagpang-abot ba sila? Baka may history sila kaya nang-gagaliiti ai presidente kay senadora😁

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you
    Last edited by baludoy; January 6th, 2018 at 06:18 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Medyo ot but i've always wondered Are digong and de lima batchmates at san beda law? Or if ever nagpang-abot ba sila?

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you
    Malayo age gap, so malamang hindi nagkaabutan. 58 vs 72 yrs old.

San Beda Law Entrance Examination