New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    I've been trying to find stories or experiences on life insurance claims here in PH but couldn't find any. Worse is, its flooded with agents trying to sell life insurance policies.

Anybody here had prior experience claiming or known someone legit who had a REAL EXPERIENCE on claiming life insurance? Please share your story or summary here. This will be really helpful.

Please DON'T share your optimism with life insurance w/o any experience on claims.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post
    I've been trying to find stories or experiences on life insurance claims here in PH but couldn't find any. Worse is, its flooded with agents trying to sell life insurance policies.

Anybody here had prior experience claiming or known someone legit who had a REAL EXPERIENCE on claiming life insurance? Please share your story or summary here. This will be really helpful.

Please DON'T share your optimism with life insurance w/o any experience on claims.
    When dad passed away, we just gave sunlife a copy of death cert and policy.

Check was available in 10 days. No questions asked.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Same experience when my dad passed away. But nagkaroon ng problem ng payment sa premium kaya pro-rated na yung bigay saamin.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Same with Insular life when my mom died, madali lang din magfile ng claim. Just submit all docs needed.

Naka claim din kami sa SM advantage card I just forgot the name nung insurance provider nila that time, madali lang din kami naka claim dun.

Also St. Peter plan, super helpful.

Sent from my SM-J810Y using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    what i can say, is that while the amount seemed big when the policy was first started decades ago, the amount seems... small... now.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what i can say, is that while the amount seemed big when the policy was first started decades ago, the amount seems... small... now.
    You may need to visit the policy then.

Dad had a policy with loyola. Paid yearly for 1k pesos back in the 80s for a few years l, which was a huge amount then.

Fast forward to 2017, the said policy will just provide a meager casket and we have to pay more for the retrieval of the body and preparation since the policy is so old, the amounts covered is a joke in today's money, somewhere 25k lang yata binibigay nila less taxes and miscellaneous.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Real experiences on Life Insurance claims