New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    i don't like Chinese owned banks and credit cards.
    I generally don't like local banks but then again with local banks you could do away with some procedures unlike offshore banks where they are very strict about following the procedures.

Pero sa offshore kung HNW like Shadow pwede na rin siguro to do away with procedures

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    recieved a card from east west bank i didnt activate it but, when a somebody from the bank called and asked if i recieved the card, i told them yes, but i didnt activate it, he told me that the card is pre activated, no need to confirm... tsk tsk tsk what if it falls in the wrong hands...

also recieved a bdo card which we could use on net purchases, it has a different credit limit but its pre activated as well

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    East West also does this. I received a card - which i did not apply for - thru LBC. I said WTF?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The key factor here is that they gave us a pre-activated card without our consent.

Isn't there any law against this? Pwede kaya isumbong sa DTI ito or something?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    BDO is the first ever pre-approved, pre-activated card I've received.
    WTF?! Is this even legal?

WHAT if I were lazy or stupid or ignorant enough to ignore the CCard and not have it cancelled? After two years, I'll be surprised to get a statement charging me a yearly membership fee, which I'll then have to contest, and would probably lose out on because I had two years to cancel but didn't?

So now, the burden is upon me to cancel their "gift"?
    Matagal na ginagawa ito sa US.

If you don't want to accept the card, just cut it up.

Don't need to stress yourself up and get emotional.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    matagal na din to dito sa atin.. kahit metrobank ginagawa yan.. tama kung ayaw mo just cut it up and ignore..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Yep. Already done that.

Nainis lang ako that I had to call them up to have the card cancelled so I can have my peace of mind.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think there should be a law against sending pre-approved credit cards to clients who don't want it.

I actually had a fight with a bank on the phone. They told me if I don't want it, don't use it.

I told them: "The god-damn card isn't even in the mail yet, and I'm telling you I don't want it. Save your ****ing money and send a card to someone else!"

-

Sending the card makes you obligated if it gets waylaid in the mail and someone else uses it. It's a hassle.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

di na ako bago dyan.. sa family namin pinapadalhan ng card talaga... it means na may malaki kang deposit/s sa kanila... nasa sayo kung gagamitin mo.. pero pag ayaw mo--either cut it up or balik mo nalang sa branch mo...most likely dun galing yun...

may extra ang manager sa mga ganun...lalo na sa loans...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    BDO will bill you next year the annual fee even if you don't use the card. and if you ignore it they would charge interest pa. ginawa na nila sa akin yan dati... pero pag tinawagan mo cancel naman nila.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Pre-activated credit cards -- are these legal?