New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    guys, i need some inputs/comments/suggestions/whatever.

background for this thread - my application for credit card, lagi denied. :D

possible culprit - possible record in my history.

scenario: anyone here familiar with the sevilla card? kasi 1997 yta yun or 98, i have this sevilla card. i was able to use it for one purchase, worth P750. then when dating bill statement, i paid the whole amount sa collector nila. then, she noted na fully paid na. at least in my copy. then, after some time, i decided to use the card again, naka-block ako. sabi, unpaid balance daw. ang nagtataka ako, di lang ako ang may sevilla card sa office, so may collector na bumabalik, wala naman dinadala na statement sa akin. or demand letter to pay my balance, kung meron man.

i asked our secretary sa dati kong office to verify my account, sabi daw, nagresign na kasi yung collector na pinagbayaran ko. isip ko, di ko na problema yun. basta alam ko nagbayad na ako.

it just occurred to me na baka ngayon, naka-blacklist ako sa 'credit card industry' because of that. hindi naman ako makagawa na ng letter kasi di na rin ibinalik ng secretary namin un account statement ko na sinulatan lang ng collector na fully paid na. nagresign na rin siya (revised: our secretary) and lumipat na ng location yun office (revised: dati naming office). and, late 90s pa yun 'no?

what you think? what could be the implication in the future? okay nga sa akin walang credit card, walang tukso. but i need it para may proof of billing ako. :confused:
    Last edited by dyelibins; July 5th, 2004 at 02:15 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yari ka, all credit institutions, banks included, share credit records. kung alam mo pa ang office nung credit card company na yun better go and settle it with them. only thing is, since wala na sa iyo yung proof mo, then you might just have to settle with them by paying, even if you said you alreadfy paid in full. better do it so you can still negotiate with them better terms (i.e., less interest charges). if in the future you really need credit (like buying a car or a house) you will need a really clean credit history.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba yang sevilla card na yan? anong bank ang may hawak? and anong credit company ito affiliated? (visa, mc, etc.)
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di mo ba pwedeng kausapin yung bank? tell them your situation, and possibly file a police report against the collector (to find out where she took your money)

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    parang local credit institution, naka-tie up sa ilang estalishments lang. parang guarantor. you can get items from an affiliated establishment, sevilla ang magbabayad doon, babayaran mo sila, terms.

kung alam ko lang na gano'n ang mangyayari sana dinamihan ko na kuha ng items. young vip pa un. :lol:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by boybi
    ano ba yang sevilla card na yan? anong bank ang may hawak? and anong credit company ito affiliated? (visa, mc, etc.)

sevilla card is a local card, in which you only pay your outstanding amount in 4 gives. less paying time means less interest.

its not affiliated with banks. parang credit institution lang sya.

its the same as MM Ortiz, etc...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    any blemish in one's c map will destroy one's credit standing with all banking, lending and credit institutions... even if any credit issue is resolved in favor of the individual, it will still remain in his c-map records and will not be completely cleared... it will forever be a blemish in your credit standing...

that is why you should not wait for a case to be filed in the courts before resolving a credit issue... if you are given a final demand letter, you should immediately act on this... failure to do so will compel the credit institution to file a case against you and this is when it is recorded in your c-map...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    hmm, so wala ng way to clean your records pag na list ka sa c-map?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Originally posted by turk182
    ...if you are given a final demand letter, you should immediately act on this... failure to do so will compel the credit institution to file a case against you and this is when it is recorded in your c-map...

that's another reason why i know na wala na ako financial obligation sa kanila (aside from the truth that i paid in full the first collection date). i wasn't even receiving any statement of account from the company. they didn't give me a demand letter, kahit isa. no phone call follow-ups from their office kung talagang may balance ako.

di naman ako nag-resign agad in that office after ko gamitin ang card. and even if they send demand letters or account statements after ko nag-resign, there's no way for me NOT to receive it kasi auntie ko ang may ari ng dati kong office. and as i said, may collector na pumupunta sa office monthly dahil hindi lang naman ako ang cardholder nila doon, bakit hindi ako sinasabihan na may balance pa ako or hindi na-remit ang payment ko.

is it possible that i can still get an account record from the company kahit na 6 or 7 years ago 'yun?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One thing that I know is, kung hindi nagtally yung sagot ng referral person mo sa application form, denied na agad ang applicant kahit isang sagot lang ang mali.

Medyo may kahigpitan din ang mga credit investigators ngayon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
possible record in my credit history...