New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 98 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is a thread for recommending and discussing hot stocks, or just sharing which stocks have given you some great returns. of course, any advice given here should be taken with your own due diligence and no guarantees are made or implied

i'm thinking about investing in philippine securities but i'm not sure where to start, so post your recommendations! if any of you are looking to invest in the US market, i can share some stocks that i've been looking at...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    iv made quite a lot already on philex.. both a and b.
    this stock is worth following this year... prices on gold and copper are at highs.
    they have just increased production for both gold and copper.
    market isnt really great at this time though.. but if you looking for long term.. it should be ok.
    what stocks are you looking into?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    imho be very careful about mining stocks. pakiramdam ko andaming speculation nangyayari ngayon -- i.e. you're banking on them making a lot of money in the future rather than sa present day(which they're not, and they're buried past their heads in debt) sure, they got the gold/mineral reserves, pero konti lang ata ung me facilities to do extraction/processing. they're gonna invest quite a sum of time and money to get up and running

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    true badkuk a lot of the mining companies are saddled with debt and arent making money.
    but check philex's books... theyr one of the few who were quite profitable last year... they probably made 300 - 400 million... on gold contracts hedged at much lower prices compared to what they are now. those contracts are expired.
    so now philex will be selling gold at much higher rates.
    this plus their increase in production alone could make the company a lot more profitable this year.
    they are running already

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was thinking i would get into blue chips first....but feel free to discuss midcaps and smallcaps if you wish. ang hirap kasi sa US market eh - information flows so freely that everybody knows everything. i was thinking, sa pinas mas mahirap ang access to information so he who knows more has the power

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sayang, i bought LCB instead. damn forward contracts!

tingin ko power and energy should be attractive. kahit anong business naman, you'll need to plug in a few things to get it up and running B) ang concern ko lang nga is that the government may put a cap on pricing/increases in the future.

i dunno why MWC hasn't been going up. everybody needs water, right? and they managed to get the more profitable areas pa naman.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    i was thinking i would get into blue chips first....but feel free to discuss midcaps and smallcaps if you wish. ang hirap kasi sa US market eh - information flows so freely that everybody knows everything. i was thinking, sa pinas mas mahirap ang access to information so he who knows more has the power
    not a savvy trader...pero blue chips would be something like SMPH, BDO, TEL, BPI

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ive been lookign at MWC din at di gumagalaw masyado

i'd suggest go blue chip stocks muna M54 until you get a better 'feel' of the market

OT: kelan ba IPO ng shell?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    si M54powered, try nyo visit www.investopedia.com. daming mga basic but interesting stuff there

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    badkuk, thanks for the link. i'm a fairly experienced investor in the US market, but know nothing about the philippine exchange. wala bang ganyang site for local investing?

magi-IPO ang Shell diyan? are you talking about the petroleum company? i'm assuming that would be a local holding company for the Dutch multinational - that will be huge for sure.

i remember that my dad got a chance to buy into the Benpres IPO in the early 90's. he declined because he was in the process of building our house. boy was that a huge mistake.

Page 1 of 98 123451151 ... LastLast
*** Philippine stock picks thread ***