New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Kung long term(10yrs+) investor ka. Just buy any stock from companies na sure kang di malulugi and kikita parin after 10 yrs. Almost sure yan na mas kikita kesa sa bank. Pero just don't expect much din in terms of profit. Since yung mga up and coming/smaller companies din talaga yung malaki pa yung room for growth.

And kung may Bpi account ka, I suggest sa BPITrade ka nalang mag create ng account. Since pwede kang mag transfer ng pero sa bpitrade account mo online, and pwedeng after mong mag benta, transfer yung pera pabalik sa main account mo.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Just dont time the market. Pag naka experience ka ng loss, be patient and dont sell. Markets recover historically kasi.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Join truly rich club, bro. Bo will guide you on what to do

4. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    blue chip stocks are cringing along with oil topped with lingering fomc rate increases, weakening china = volatility. Gain sufficient knowledge about the stock market before you enter.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I would disagree. What you are referring to are VULs, or variable life insurance. Yes, your insurance payments are actually invested in equities (or bonds/money markets, or a mix of both, depending on your preference). Yes, it's basically life insurance and investment rolled into one.

However, it's EXPENSIVE. A coverage worth 1M will cost you around 30k per year. For regular term insurance, you will only pay around 4k per year. You can always buy term insurance and invest the difference (BTID). This is more profitable than VUL coverage, because VULs have very high management fees. A big chunk of your payments will just go to cover your management fee. You can try googling VUL vs BTID.

The main advantage of VULs is that you don't have to worry anymore about where to invest. The insurance company will do it for you automatically. You also remove the risk of you spending your extra money on something else instead of investing it.

Don't get me wrong, VULs aren't bad products - they fit people who can't commit the necessary effort and discipline to invest regularly. This comes at the cost of lower returns though.

I actually invested in VULs, but kinda regret it now, as I'm the type who will benefit more from BTID. However, I've already paid quite a significant amount for the VUL so forfeiting it and going for BTID will end up costlier for me since I'll incur sunk costs. In any case, diversification is always good. Not all my money is allotted to the VUL anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey bro I had a bad experience with BDO-Generali VULs. Invested for a life insurance coverage but they asked too many requirements just because I disclosed in the questionnaire that I experienced elevated BP when I feel stressed out. They had me undergo a medical check up which turned out normal. Still they kept my investment as a deposit while going in circles wether to issue a policy or not. At one point, they even suggested that I pay additional premium for the same coverage. I lost my patience and withdrew the funds. No interest for 3 months but at least I do not have to worry about the annual premium payments.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thanks sa mga nag bigay ng idea..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ebirest View Post
    Join truly rich club, bro. Bo will guide you on what to do
    hi sir! member ka po ba? gusto ko din kasi mag member since newbie rin kasi ako sa stock market. I read kasi na ok jan lalo na pag noob ka pa lang kasi iguide ka nila on what and when to buy/sell. any reviews? advantage/disadvantage? thanks!!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bagugab View Post
    hi sir! member ka po ba? gusto ko din kasi mag member since newbie rin kasi ako sa stock market. I read kasi na ok jan lalo na pag noob ka pa lang kasi iguide ka nila on what and when to buy/sell. any reviews? advantage/disadvantage? thanks!!
    Only disadvantage of joining TRC is you pay P500 a month.

They really do have a guide updated daily on what stocks to buy at what price. And when to sell too. They call this the SAM (Strategic Averaging Method) Table.

But if that's all that you're after, COL Financial already has that on their website. Every week they release their updated Investment Guide, which lists all stocks, has recommendations on which to buy and how much, and what the target price is to sell. All for FREE.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Simplest way is to invest in UITFs/mutual funds. Most banks offer this. I'm particularly fond of index funds, or funds that simply follow the movement of the PSE index. Very few mutual funds ever beat the market consistently over a span of 20
    years.

Minimum amount to open an index fund account is 10k, minimum increment is 1k. It's the best instrument to diversify your investment across many stocks even if you don't have much money to invest.

If you really want to invest in stocks personally, choosing your own stock mix, easiest way for ordinary folks like us it to create a COL Financial account. COL is an online stock trading site, where you can buy and sell stocks in real-time, with a very small fee.

Minimum amount to get started is 5k. However, I have to warn you, if you don't invest ~20-30k per period (monthly, quarterly), it will be hard for you to diversify.

For example, minimum board lot for Ayala Corp is 10 shares. At its current price of 650/share, you'll need 6.5k to be able to buy into Ayala. Same with PLDT, at 2k per share and 5 shares minimum, you need 10k to buy into PLDT. If you only put in 10k/month, then you can't really diversify and maximize peso-cost averaging (which requires you to buy a diverse range of stocks at fixed intervals).

Good luck, it's good that you want to get started in investing. There are a lot of resources available online to help you get started.

sir jut, can you elaborate po about how index fund works? ok po ba yung sa BPI Philippine Equity Index Fund(PEIF)?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bagugab View Post
    sir jut, can you elaborate po about how index fund works? ok po ba yung sa BPI Philippine Equity Index Fund(PEIF)?
    An index fund invests in all 30 stocks that are part of the PSEi (Philippine Stock Exchange Index).

The 30 stocks are as follows:

Ayala Corp. (AC)
    Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV)
    Alliance Global Group, Inc. (AGI)
    Ayala Land, Inc. (ALI)
    Aboitiz Power Corp. (AP)
    BDO Unibank, Inc. (BDO)
    Bloomberry Resorts Corp. (BLOOM)
    Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
    DMCI Holdings, Inc. (DMC)
    Energy Development Corp. (EDC)
    Emperador Inc. (EMP)
    First Gen Corp. (FGEN)
    Globe Telecom, Inc. (GLO)
    GT Capital Holdings, Inc. (GTCAP)
    International container Terminal Services, Inc. (ICT)
    Jollibee Foods Corp. (JFC)
    JG Summit Holdings, Inc. (JGS)
    LT Group, Inc. (LTG)
    Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT)
    Megaworld Corp. (MEG)
    Manila Electric Company (MER)
    Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPI)
    Petron Corp. (PCOR)
    Robinsons Land Corp. (RLC)
    Semirara Mining and Power Corp. (SCC)
    SM Investments Corp. (SM)
    San Miguel Corp. (SMC)
    SM Prime Holdings, Inc. (SMPH)
    PLDT (TEL)
    Universal Robina Corp. (URC)

So even if you just invest P1,000, your 1,000 will be spread out across all 30 stocks.

If you buy stocks individually, you won't even be able to buy one board lot of PLDT stocks since that requires 5 stocks minimum at 2k each or roughly 10k. Same goes for many stocks in the index (AC requires 10 stocks at 750 each or 7.5k, etc).

Index funds are the cheapest way to have a diversified portfolio. The only drawback is a management fee of 1.5% (this applies to both BPI and PhilEquity index funds). But if you don't know what you're doing, you'll lose more than 1.5%, so index funds are still the best option for passive investors.

Previously I managed my own stocks, but recently I've started to shift to index funds (BPI too). It's boring because it's so simple, but even the investing guru Benjamin Graham says that very few people will beat the index over a course of several decades, and it will take so much effort to beat it, while just keeping track with the index takes close to 0 effort. 😊

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast