New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    We run a truck fleet for our business to deliver our goods in warehouses across Luzon. Most of the trucks travelling long distances are either 6 wheeler, or 10 wheeler trucks.

The usual problems we encounter involve the delivery team using some funds for other purposes intended.

Andyan yung pag report na nahuli (LTO, PNP, LGU, etc) and they have to give something... some of it maybe legit... but who knows how much they pocket from it...

Andyan din yung paggastos ng sobra sobra vs the allowance provided for their food, etc..

Recently, we've been getting reports na the driver, together with the pahinante's, skim off fuel from the tank to sell to other parties. I've seen this MO before sa Imbestigador where people get a hose, place the hole in the fuel tank, suck through the hose, and let the fuel coming off the tank flow into a container they brought with them...

Is there a good way to stop this? From the point of view of vehicle (fuel tank modification perhaps)? I've thought of installling video cameras but it is very much subject to damage with the rugged handling and wear and tear...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can have GPS tracking systems installed into your vehicles.

Among other features of such devices, they can record the location and speed of the vehicle and also the "status" of certain items you can hook up with sensors (like doors, engine on/off, etc).

Downside of this solution is you will need to download the data everytime the vehicle arrives back to your office and someone must scan through the information for anything suspicious and out of the ordinary.

In our case, it has been pretty helpful in that we even caught one of our trucks sitting idle because the driver decided to take an extended coffee-break instead of heading directly back to the office to unload and reload.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    a simple yet effective way would be a careful monitoring of actual fuel consumed vs total mileage. Somewhat stable na naman and consitent ang FC dapat ng mga trucks ninyo. Ngaun kung biglang may spike sa FC, ibig sabihin nabawasan ang fuel mo.

ps ginawa ko dati, bawat isang truck, may folder. Then everyday may log yan. every morning before a trip, full tank lahat then check mo odometer sama sa trip ticket. Then compute mo FC next time na mag full tank. In the course of a month or two, may sufficient data ka na to observe ung fluctuation ng FC. Spikes and abnormal fluctiations will show kung dinadaya ka nga. HTH

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You can have GPS tracking systems installed into your vehicles.

Among other features of such devices, they can record the location and speed of the vehicle and also the "status" of certain items you can hook up with sensors (like doors, engine on/off, etc).

Downside of this solution is you will need to download the data everytime the vehicle arrives back to your office and someone must scan through the information for anything suspicious and out of the ordinary.

In our case, it has been pretty helpful in that we even caught one of our trucks sitting idle because the driver decided to take an extended coffee-break instead of heading directly back to the office to unload and reload.
    what brand are you using sir? and around how much will be using it primarily for delivery trucks so the cheaper the better. do we have this here in the philippines?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    outsource your trucking needs.

yung mismong cargo na lang ang i-monitor mo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ovenue View Post
    what brand are you using sir? and around how much will be using it primarily for delivery trucks so the cheaper the better. do we have this here in the philippines?
    Company: STARCOM
    Product: 3rdEYE
    Address: Metro Manila (my secretary is out at the moment)

The GPS service is available in the Philippines since STARCOM "mapped" the roads already. Not sure if they just cover Luzon or the other islands as well.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I got in contact with Starcomm na.. actually scheduled for installation na yung last 4 units namin this weekend... then by next year I'll schedule the other trucks based in our other warehouses in the Visayas area...

I still have to work through the procedural issues surrounding the GPS system and get the people involved (drivers most especially) into the loop as to what the system really does to get their cooperation... only then will I have a realistic comment kung ok sa amin ito...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    I got in contact with Starcomm na.. actually scheduled for installation na yung last 4 units namin this weekend... then by next year I'll schedule the other trucks based in our other warehouses in the Visayas area...

I still have to work through the procedural issues surrounding the GPS system and get the people involved (drivers most especially) into the loop as to what the system really does to get their cooperation... only then will I have a realistic comment kung ok sa amin ito...
    may i please ask the address of the 3rd eye/Starcomm company...tel. no. would be great too please...or email me at ronnav69*hotmail.com or call me at 829-7942 or 0908-415-3734...thanks much

Pagpapa "ihi" sa truck fleet - how to prevent / deter?