New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    return money?

those are two words i seldom see used together hehehe

e ung pag return palang ng merchandise sasabihin sayo ng tindahan replace nalang or palit ibang item

return money?

asa ka pa

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    The bank should return the overpayment. Ang credit card holder ang nangungutang at hindi sya ang nagpapautang sa credit card company.

:eat: [SIZE=1]4134[/SIZE]

That's it! Short word, but it said well.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill View Post
    One time, I made a double payment in my credit card. I was supposed to pay around 10T pesos but I made an error of paying double i.e. 20T pesos.

When I asked my bank to return the over payment via online banking, the bank informed me that the over payment would just be [SIZE="4"]credited for my next monthly payment.[/SIZE]

I find it hard to understand why the bank will hold on to my over payment. To me this is unfair.

Can anybody explain why this non-returning of over-payment in credit card is practiced by some banks?
    Uhmm makes me wonder how is that an overpayment? you suppose to pay 10k but instead you paid 20k. The bank said it will be credited on your next monthly payment. That means may utang ka pa sa kanila even after that 20k payment you have made.

10k is probably your minimum payment or you or your bank set up 10k as your monthly payment for your credit card.

Scenario 1: You owe 50k petot by using your credit card. 10k is your minimum payment. But instead you paid 20k for that month. So you still owe the bank or credit company 30k (+interest). That my friend is not overpayment. Its called power payment. And no, you can not get your money back as you owe them more than that amount.

Scenario 2: You owe 10k petot on you cc. You suppose to payback 10k but instead you paid 20k. Then that is considered overpayment since you paid more than what you owe. And then you can tell the bank to return your money.
    Last edited by Camgen6; January 31st, 2009 at 04:48 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Camgen6 View Post

Scenario 1: You owe 50k petot by using your credit card. 10k is your minimum payment. But instead you paid 20k for that month. So you still owe the bank or credit company 30k (+interest). That my friend is not overpayment. Its called power payment. And no, you can not get your money back as you owe them more than that amount.

Scenario 2: You owe 10k petot on you cc. You suppose to payback 10k but instead you paid 20k. Then that is considered overpayment since you paid more than what you owe. And then you can tell the bank to return your money.
    My point exactly.

If it is Scenario 1, IT IS NOT UNFAIR.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Camgen6 View Post
    Uhmm makes me wonder how is that an overpayment? you suppose to pay 10k but instead you paid 20k. The bank said it will be credited on your next monthly payment. That means may utang ka pa sa kanila even after that 20k payment you have made.

10k is probably your minimum payment or you or your bank set up 10k as your monthly payment for your credit card.

S.I.P bro. I am to pay 9,213 monthly for 12 months. For January, I paid via online the amount on the 24th. I paid earlier than my billing day on the 26th. But on the 26th, there was another deduction of the same amount...so double payment.

When I talked with the BPI credit card phone banker, he mentioned it would just be best effort for her and she's not sure if she could return to my account the extra payment.

I e-mailed the bank ( when I called the bank the next day, seems they hang up on me) that if they could not return the amount to my account, then they would not just charge me the interest for the month...but no response..so charge to experience.

My responsibility, as agreed with the bank, is just to pay 9,213 monthly not x2. Can the bank not wait for Feb 26 for my next payment? Puede be, I'll say to the bank, soli mo muna ang 9,213 kasi kailangan ko yan ngayun. Di ka naman agrabyado...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill View Post
    S.I.P bro. I am to pay 9,213 monthly for 12 months. For January, I paid via online the amount on the 24th. I paid earlier than my billing day on the 26th. But on the 26th, there was another deduction of the same amount...so double payment.

When I talked with the BPI credit card phone banker, he mentioned it would just be best effort for her and she's not sure if she could return to my account the extra payment.

I e-mailed the bank ( when I called the bank the next day, seems they hang up on me) that if they could not return the amount to my account, then they would not just charge me the interest for the month...but no response..so charge to experience.

My responsibility, as agreed with the bank, is just to pay 9,213 monthly not x2. Can the bank not wait for Feb 26 for my next payment? Puede be, I'll say to the bank, soli mo muna ang 9,213 kasi kailangan ko yan ngayun. Di ka naman agrabyado...
    So, it's BPI. If I were you, I'd just considered it an advance payment for the next due date. It would take time and hassle to have the overpayment refunded. And by the time it is refunded, it may be your due date already for the next payment.

Just charge it to experience and be careful the next time.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]4146[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    So, it's BPI. If I were you, I'd just considered it an advance payment for the next due date. It would take time and hassle to have the overpayment refunded. And by the time it is refunded, it may be your due date already for the next payment.

Just charge it to experience and be careful the next time.

:coffee: [SIZE=1]4146[/SIZE]

Right. Time and hassle. But I don't understand and don't agree. he..he..

Let's presume for the sake of argument that I used my credit card for a Sony HDTV at 60t payable SIP for 12 months so that would be 12T pesos a month.

What if after one month I made an error of paying the entire amount of 60 T pesos?

Would the bank return the over payment? Based on the actuation of the bank on my overpayment, it would not return. Totally one-sided affair in favor of the bank!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I remember paying twice the amount for my BPIMC using the bpiexpressonline facility some months ago (maybe a year ago). I usually "pay in advance" using a post-dated payment scheme. And normally, bpiexpressonline emails you 3 days before the actual payment just to remind you to fund your account. And then, they will email you again to confirm the actual payment on that date.

Well, bpiexpresonline failed to email me on those two occasion. Obviously, I got jittery on the last day that I was supposed to pay for the monthly due, so, I made another payment.

The following day I discovered that I paid twice, so I immediately filed a formal complaint with BPI and got my refund within the next few days..... Oh well, hiccups in the system.....

7404:laundry:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    well, Bpi refunded me my overpayment after 7 days. A few e-mails with proper reasoning did the trick.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Over payment in credit card