New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hey guys,

This is my first time posting, i just wanted to know your opinion about a change oil business? is it any good? or would you rather have your oil changed sa gas stations.

The reason i thought of this is that i could get the stuff cheaper, filters, oil etc and since it is more of a regular thing than actually selling car parts kasi people have to change oil every so often.

looking forward to your replies.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    First of all, I do oil changes myself. It's a dirty hobby but I love it.

I think oil change services are becoming prevalent nowadays. IMHO, it's a good & booming business. As long as you give the customers exactly what they pay for ... by not being a cheapskate ... you'll do fine.

Source: personal experience. We have an auto shop in the province. One of our best sellers are motor oils. And that's a giveaway info!

By the way, welcome to TSIKOT bro. :tounge2:
    Last edited by jjmd3_787; February 21st, 2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: tao lang po ...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It is a good idea but you might want to check on your whole concept because simply doing oil change as your core service, your business might go bust sooner than later.

The service is too common and that many gasoline stations offer the same service.

It might be a better idea to expand the concept to include more basic services as well like brakes, suspension, tires, etc.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Wow, thanks for the reply guys, wasnt expecting a quick reply.lol.

Anyway, thanks for your insight. I would definitely consider other items, perhaps car parts that are often in demand or usually bought, would you guys have any suggestions with that?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It is a good idea but you might want to check on your whole concept because simply doing oil change as your core service, your business might go bust sooner than later.

The service is too common and that many gasoline stations offer the same service.

It might be a better idea to expand the concept to include more basic services as well like brakes, suspension, tires, etc.
    i agree on this... expand to mechanical repairs then go from there. its a tricky business but its very much doable.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You should have something better to offer your clientele like those car wash guys who bring their car wash services to the Parking Lot of shopping malls. Or better bring it straight to their homes, provided you wont create any mess in doing this service..

The Quick-Change Oil should be a nice concept, however you should develop and provide a mobile system that could automatically extract used oil from the car's engine. You can start by considering initially selling one of this to your customer: A Quick-Oil-Drain Valve. http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/.

Develop a metered Oil dispensing system. Work on a Scheduling system for clients/ area visits... etc Conduct your surveys and have business plan/study.

This concept is not new, and is being done in other western countries.

BTW, used oil sells for P1800.00/Drum. Thats an added bonus, besides you protect the environment.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Dami na meron nito plus may added services pa sila.

But if you setup an extremely reliable and well executed service station (with pluses like a lounge offering wifi/internet workstation, even a cafe or massage service) then maybe you can improve on an existing enterprise like this.

Oil Change Business Idea [formerly "Oil change?"]