New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    my wife has an offer to work in NJ and we are considering. Both of us haven't been to any US State and we don't have any idea about the Living standard there. Any advices peeps? Finances? Accommodation? Medical benefits, etc, etc. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Living standard in Jersey is pretty much good compare to other state. Since your wife hired by company Im pretty much sure your accommodation (housing), medical benefits been taking care off, check with your wife. Driving is not as bad as manila and am sure you could handle this. By the way, welcome to America.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza View Post
    my wife has an offer to work in NJ and we are considering. Both of us haven't been to any US State and we don't have any idea about the Living standard there. Any advices peeps? Finances? Accommodation? Medical benefits, etc, etc. Thanks.

Hi bongliza,

I wanto to help you out by giving you the number of my brother. He has been living in NJ for the past 5 years together with his family. His wife is an accountant of the Rockefellers and my bro comes home here in the Phil at least 3 times a year with their kids as he has a telemarketing firm. Told him about you and you may reach him now through 3579518/Allan. That is his local mobile landline and he may be able to give you valuable inputs. He stays in Bergenfield which is a very beautiful place. I was just there last April and fell in love with NJ immediately.

Go ahead, hook up with him and tell him you were referred by Bong. Goodluck with your plans

Just called him earlier and he is on his way to Celebrity Sports Plaza gym. If you call now baka di masagot at nagbubuhat ng konti
    Last edited by fireblade; May 16th, 2008 at 10:36 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    thanks V6 for the warm welcome. Magkano naman kaya rent for an apartment. say 2br? food allowances? Taxes? School expenses? I've got 3 kids by the way... hehe. How much would be an ideal net income for a family? to survive muna for the first few months until I can get a job too.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    thanks tukayo (fireblade), I will surely contact your bro if given the chance to go there. Sana nga ma-approve kami. Medyo nagdadalawang isip lang si ismi dahil sa economic downturn ngayon ng US.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks V6 for the warm welcome. Magkano naman kaya rent for an apartment. say 2br? food allowances? Taxes? School expenses? I've got 3 kids by the way... hehe. How much would be an ideal net income for a family? to survive muna for the first few months until I can get a job too.
    Rent depends on where you will live. Check out www.craigslist.com or www.apartments.com to get an idea of of pricing. School wise if you live in a good school district the public school should be fine. If you know you will be in Jersey you can start looking for a job via the net. What kind of work do you and your wife do? I like to tell people new to the US to take care of your credit history once in the US, if you have a good credit history you can get anything in this country. However, the moment you mess it up forget about getting anything at low interest rates, even being approved for loans, or apartment rentals.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Her office will be in Morristown. A 30mins drive away would be fine.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Her office will be in Morristown. A 30mins drive away would be fine.
    Keep the price of gas and public transit in mind when deciding how far you want to live. 30 mins drive can be about 25-30 miles away on smooth traffic days. Our house in California was about 25 miles from my work and it meant about 30-45 mins depending on traffic.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Maraming salamat po sa advices. Saang lugar naman kaya puwede maghanap ng apratment? Sana sa lugar na maraming Pinoys.

Need Advice ! How is like living in NJ USA?