New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    We go out periodically on some weekends and pick up all the trash along a stretch of highway. You know, a volunteer thing to keep our area clean and nice looking. Its an all-day thing (2x) and can get tiring sometimes.

One of the groups we share cleaning duties with come from the rich part of town (the million-dollar houses). Looking at them, you wouldn't think they were rich because they're so down to earth in the way they dress and their demeanor. Of course we know some of them are really rich because they have expensive motorhomes on the driveway. One's got a customized bus that's probably worth $1M by itself.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    .. this just goes to show you that money can't buy happiness ..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    the lesson here: when you get enough money (like 3m dollars), move to a normal suburb.

btw 50m pesos is not a lot. although if u move to the province parang BILLIONARIO ka na. but 50m pesos in manila is not that big. thats like 1-2m dollars in LA.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pag ako nagkaroon ng 50M I'll travel the whole world in style. First class seats, five star hotels, fine dining to the max. pag balik ko, kung ano man matira bahala na hehehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If I have 50M I will have my morning coffee in KK Greenhills, after lunch coffee at the Pen lobby, merienda in Edsa shang eat my dinner in Gloria Maris. hehehe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Dude, anong bank yan? Hindi naman ba delikadong bank yan?
    World Partners Bank. It's a savings bank and presently has 5 branches outside of Metro Manila: San Pedro, Laguna; Tanauan, Batangas; San Pablo City, Laguna; Sta. Maria, Bulacan and Meycauayan, Bulacan. It plans to acquire a license to operate in Metro Manila by next year.

It's an affiliate of Splash Corporation and HBC, Inc., so its very stable. Day-to-day operations naman are left to professional managers (mostly ex-Metrobankers).

Time Deposit tapos tax free?
    By law, Time Deposits in excess of 5 years are exempt from withholding taxes.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teka, bakit naging "if i had 50m" thread ito? labo :confused:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Those single digit millionaires think they arent rich enough coz they move and live in a world of multimillionaires and billionaires.

Ya they can fly first class... but the other dudes have private jets.

kawawa naman sila no?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mga paranoid lang yan mga middle-class millionaries na yan. yes they earned a lot but they are more scared of losing it hence, kayod ng kayod

yan ang mahirap talaga pag nag-a-amass ka ng wealth rainy-day style. money tends to dictate your life instead of the other way around.

talo talaga sila ng mga 3ple digit millionaires dun, iba kasi thinking ng mga yun

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I don't know. I take it these people who are much better off than us must be happy and satisfied if they can find the time to spend a weekend(s) picking up trash/litter on a highway esp during the rainy/hot n muggy season and there are contractors hired to do the job.

But, it's pleasant seeing "rich folks" who are still down to earth.

Add: It could also be because our city still has a "small-town" feeling. Many people still tend to be active in volunteer community work.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 9th, 2007 at 04:07 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Millionaires who dont feel rich