New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    What's the point of raising wages/salaries if businesses will likewise raise prices of goods and services? I think this is raw.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    What's the point of raising wages/salaries if businesses will likewise raise prices of goods and services? I think this is raw.
    from a business point of view... it makes no sense.. kung ang baraha lang ng government is mandated wage increase, without support for productivity increases... government does infrastructure projects but usually consumer sector din ang nag be benefit... not industry or the business community...

pero from the political point of view... and "governance"... yan.. pogi points syempre kung sino man ang naka upo... para sa mga "progressive" groups (if they are really progressive, why don't they take the most progressive way and try to do it their own way and see if it works.. ) it's also an opportunity to be featured in the news and airwaves...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    di kaya last wave na ito ng pagpapabango ng current admin? hahaha...

right now, i'm computing my future expenses sa labor lang. a difference of around 1-1.5k per person ang mangyayaring increase sa akin per month. for me, this is bad. lahat gagalaw kasi. kung sabihin mong 22 petot lang ang increase, paano ang ot pay, sss, at philhealth? lahat gagalaw... so ang impact nito sa employers, malaki talaga.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    In economics that is what you call INFLATION (increase of money supply) at its finest... Initially masarap yan sa laborers pero after a few months prices will adjust to reflect the added cost to businesses and the workers will feel as if nothing happened... Wage increase and price increase will always go on!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    and wages can't catch up to rising prices

prices of goods and services can be changed at will

but workers can't get wage increases on demand

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yep. Because productivity is the important thing demet. Many of the smaller businesses in MM haven't even been able to pay the PREVIOUS minimum wage!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    di kaya last wave na ito ng pagpapabango ng current admin? hahaha...

right now, i'm computing my future expenses sa labor lang. a difference of around 1-1.5k per person ang mangyayaring increase sa akin per month. for me, this is bad. lahat gagalaw kasi. kung sabihin mong 22 petot lang ang increase, paano ang ot pay, sss, at philhealth? lahat gagalaw... so ang impact nito sa employers, malaki talaga.
    i doubt if the incoming administration has a solid plan aside from salary increases.. kung pagpapabango din lang ang pag uusapan... any administration has this as a tool... tipong.. "... kokonti nga lang... at least meron... " but in the long run this can be washed out easily...

and besides, a long term solution (i think) will require not just 6 years... planting rice kung baga.. itatanim mo and then the next administration or the next generation pa ang makikinabang... and not just government working... this has to be supported by business and labor sector... na may kanya kanyang agenda... maybe in a small scale.. localized , isolated cases maaari.. but on a national scale? napakahirap...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Metro workers to get P22 wage hike