New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Agree with both of you bros. fourtheboys96 and BoyL3, sadly, security of tenure is now a thing of the past. So, we should treat each day as our last day at work....

7000:diver:
    in life no matter how far we get, we are only one step from losing everything.

no matter how healthy and old we are, we are just one moment away from death.
    no matter how loyal and productive we are, we are just one recession away from losing our job.
    no matter how big our investments we have, it is just one default away from losing its value
    no matter how Godly and holy we are, we are just one step away from sinning.

we live in a limited world. theres nothing secure here. so always make most out of everything, enjoy, learn the lesson, and never sulk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thnx sa mga opinions nyo mga sir...

ask ko lang, kung nagwork kayo for 10 yrs or more sa isang company tapos i forced leave ka instead na separation pay ok lang ba sa inyo?

Back to topic: legal daw ang forced leave w/o pay sa mga BPO companies

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    to what i know there is no such thing as forced leave without pay for regular (permanent) employees, pero sa mga contractual and special contracts eh pwede eto depende sa terms and conditions ng pinirmahan nyung contract.

if it happens na regular (permanent) employee ka at pinatupad ito ng company mo, you have the right to sue your employer, unless forced leave due to suspension or sanction sa empleyado.

another thing is, it is much better for you to ask for retrenchment rather than be tied up with such impractice ng mga employer.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sir mayhem, accdg. dun sa kilala ko wala daw pinirmahan contract na pwede silang i forced leave

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I think it's illegal kasi tied pa rin yung employee sayo tapos di mo binabayaran.

Kung inefficient or below-standard performer, the best is to fire the person and pay separation (or whatever those payments are called). This of course, is after some negotiation or work-outs on how to make the employee perform better. Kung wala pa rin, it's parting time.
    I agree here and I don't agree also...

I agree... na counselling and positive action should be done to help the performance of the employee.. bago umabot sa tanggalan..

I disagree na you have to pay separation (or whatever those payments are called) doon sa tao terminated for just cause or for authorized causes... nasa batas naka lista ang just causes - mga circumstances na kailangan magbayad ng employer sa empleyadong tinatanggal sa trabaho.... nasa batas din naka lista ang authorized causes - mga circumstances na hindi kailangan magbayad ng employer sa empleyadong tinanggal sa trabaho... i think these are reasonable... kung papasok sa usapan yung tagal ng serbisyo etc... the terminated employee SHOULDN'T EXPECT na bibigyan siya ng tenure nya dahil terminated sya for AUTHORIZED CAUSEs... siya ang nagkamali eh... tapos ipagpipilitan pa na siya ang babayaran... now if the employer will still give him financial assistance... it's his prerogative.. magpasalamat na lang kung may natanggap...

hindi ko alam kung paano at kung saan nanggaling yung interpretation ng maraming tao na basta't tinanggal sa trabaho eh kailangan siyang bayaran.... dala ng kahirapan maybe... a lack of options in finding sources of livelihood? pero just because pinag hirapan mo yung trabaho mo for 10 years, it doesn't mean that you're already secured for the rest of your life.... kahit mga taipans mga malalaking tao sa business... do you see them retiring early? they still work their but*s off to sustain what they have.... ang difference lang.. they invested big... and they expect to profit big din... yung worker na walang additional investment aside from his labor... may risks din siya.. but compared to the businessman na nagtra trabaho din at idinagdag sa risk yung pera nya.... malaki ang difference....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyL3 View Post
    sir mayhem, accdg. dun sa kilala ko wala daw pinirmahan contract na pwede silang i forced leave
    this may not be in the form of the "traditional contract" per se... tingnan nya mismo yung code of conduct ng company, appointment papers niya (ano ang classification / status ) nya.. kung may CBA then also look at the CBA.... lahat yan intertwined.. not a single document encompasses the whole employer employee relationship...

ngayon kung talagang wala sa mga existing documents... what your friend can do.. kung talagang palaban sya.... is put in writing a request for explanation nung policy on forced leave.... kung sumagot in writing ang management at doon ipinaliwanag yung policy... then makikita ano ang basis nila.... kung based on existing rules (prior to the forced leave policy) ay hindi puwede.. at bigla na lang lumabas yung forced leave policy without any due process (meetings to explain the policy , formal communications to the effect.. )... then for me.. dun lang talaga magiging malinaw na illegal yung forced leave and therefore may valid claims sila.... from there... you can go to DOLE, NLRC or NCMB...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thnx sa mga opinions nyo mga sir...

ask ko lang, kung nagwork kayo for 10 yrs or more sa isang company tapos i forced leave ka instead na separation pay ok lang ba sa inyo?

Back to topic: legal daw ang forced leave w/o pay sa mga BPO companies
    ang tanong ko dito.. for how long ang forced leave? kung 1 day.. 2 days... malamang ok lang... i may need a break also... pero kung long term... 2 weeks... 1 month... ibang usapan na nga i agree... but the problem here is... the working and legal environment... hindi porke 1 week ka forced leave (subject to certain conditions) and separation pay na kaagad... hindi rin nga naman ganun kadali humanap ng ibang mapapasukan... kaya nga working and legal environment ang problem...

the philosophy behind forced leave should be... to allow the company to control it's costs during lean season... para buhay pa yung business pag dating ng peak season... if you force the company to pay separation pay during the lean season... hindi na sya aabot dun sa peak season... net effect: sarado kumpanya, walang trabaho...

i still believe (and i've seen it for myself happenig) that more people would rather have work (and be paid their wages) rather than be paid a lump sum na alam nilang madali ring mauubos...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    tnx sa info sir wowiesy, bigla na lang lumabas daw ang forced leave policy eh

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tnx sa info sir wowiesy, bigla na lang lumabas daw ang forced leave policy eh
    I am not in the BPO company you are mentioning so I have no first hand knowledge kung bigla lang talaga lumabas.... maaaring sa kaibigan mo ay bigla... but he may also be not aware (or maybe not paying attention) to company communications (maybe recent or matagal na) about it... ngayon lang it seems na biglang lumabas since ngayon lang na implement... but if the policy has been there (especially kung written)... it is also part of his duty as an employee to know the policies ng company so he could comply properly...

andyan yung saying na ignorance excuses no one under the law... in labor jurisprudence.. medyo may palusot dito lalo na kung idinadahilan ng employee na hindi nya alam na may ganung policy or the policy wasn't explained to him... but this excuse can't apply for all cases... kung may written acknowledgement ang employee about his acceptance of the rules and his understanding of the rules... tali ka na...

now for unwritten policy.. yan medyo madugo ang labanan diyan...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    wala talaga. pero check your employment contract if its indicated. if wala kang contract, masmalaki ang problema

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Legal ba ang Forced Leave w/out Pay?