New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    hello guys,

i came across this money making thing that says "get paid while surfing".

the process is, you'll join the hosting website, you'll download a certain software then you'll just go on several websites and read some e-mails. from there, you'll earn by doing so.

is this a legit doing or sorta like a scam???

please enlighten me. thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    from what i know, you create a blog, then as youre blog became more browsed, you can ask for sponsors, they will fill in the spaces on your front page, those are equivalent to certain amount for which the payment will be wired to you.

no its not a scam, but your blog should be establish and you should create a big number of followers in order for companies or products to advertise in your blog.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    same ba sinasabi ni cutedoc sa tinutukoy ng threadstarter? parang iba ata...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    check it out.....but if they started asking about your personal information like your credit cards etc.....ingat ka na lang bro.....baka maisahan ka ng mga manloloko..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What's the name of the host site?

You can do a Google search about it to find out if they're legit.

But if you're downloading a client program, there's some danger there of becoming a host for an internet worm or virus, which will be traceable to your personal PC.

If it's legit, then it's a marketing tool, to profile users... but you shouldn't need to download a client for that... they can just ask you directly for your internet logs.

I have a feeling this is a scam... if you download their client, the program may be able to transmit your passwords to the host, who would then use your e-mail and log-in accounts for other purposes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i doubt nga na scam ito. because there's something about the client program that will give you a bogues IP add para di ka makita sa ibang sites or makakapagpalit-palit ka lagi ng IP add. that's how i understand it.

dun sa comment ni cutedoc, that's pretty legal. i got his point, pero hindi yun katulad nito. Agloca yata yun name at marami pang iba. im not sure kung yun ang tamang name or spelling.

kung scam nga, ingat nalang tayo. sa hangad natin magkapera, baka tayo pa madaya at maghirap.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been a MyPoints member since 95 or so dahil sa AOL subscription... Casual email ad clicks have generated me enough points to spend over $150 so far, and I don't even click them often hehe... Usually I give them as gifts to my good friends in teh US, otherwise, if I can use it sa Amazon and the likes, I'll use it there.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i think its an affiliate program, usually somebody posts on forums/friendster bulletin board/blogs and the like. after installing it, you need to refer more for additional referall points. and the one who sent the link to you, gets a point after you install it. iba din i think ung pag install mo, isa din sigurong attempt un para makuha nila ung browsing habits mo, kaya nauso ung mga demographic ads. in turn they give it to their advertisers, kaya iispammin ka nila for cents, pero if you sum it up laki din yan. assessment ko lng mga sir legal to pero parang utakan lng. reminds me of the upline/downline in networking

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I have joined some similar "get paid while you surf" programs before but no software has to be downloaded. You just create an account and visit its automatic surfing website. Some will say you will earn $0.005 per site. They will send you the money if you already earned $40. In my account I already have more than $50 but no money has been sent yet.

There are some saying that your deposit will double in a couple of days (e.g. $5 will be $10 in 20 days) if you login daily. You will have to deposit using e-Gold or Stormpay. In other programs, you just have to deposit and no surfing needed. At first you will earn, then they will stop paying until the website will be gone. This is what they call PONZI scheme. I was able to open a dollar account from one of the programs back in 2005 but I also lost more in 2006.

There are legitimate programs but it is hard to tell. More are scams. Almost all say that never to invest more than you could afford to lose.

Try searching for HYIP monitor. You'll see a lot of these websites. Most of them have similar website design.

truth about: get paid while surfing