New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    But this applies if you buy from developers only di ba. But if you get it from an owner then CGT lang and no VAT di ba?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    But this applies if you buy from developers only di ba. But if you get it from an owner then CGT lang and no VAT di ba?
    Nag donate ako to my son and I’m not a property developer, pinagbayad ako ng VAT because commercial property daw yung lot.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Nag donate ako to my son and I’m not a property developer, pinagbayad ako ng VAT because commercial property daw yung lot.
    Oh sorry, I was referring to Ry Tower's reply which applies to sales by property developers.

As for donations, I'm not really sure. Iniisip ko lang na kung sale, baka walang VAT, but then medyo mahirap din ma question ng BIR if the recipient is still so young to have the money to acquire a commercial lot. Unless ang allowance nya kayang bumili talaga [emoji3526] Tax free naman ang allowance hehe.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    As boybi said, even if you buy from the owner but the BIR assessed that it has commercial value, then they have the right to levy for VAT instead of CGT. It's the nature of the real property and not the ownership which matters.

BIR will always go for the higher tax.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    As boybi said, even if you buy from the owner but the BIR assessed that it has commercial value, then they have the right to levy for VAT instead of CGT. It's the nature of the real property and not the ownership which matters.

BIR will always go for the higher tax.
    CGT + VAT pinabayad sa akin.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    CGT + VAT pinabayad sa akin.
    wow cgt lang dati, kahit commercial properties

yang additional vat, is that due to train law?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    How is the VAT calculated? ...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    So dapat pala, next buy ng property ipangalan na sa heir as yan naman eventually mangyayari . Hindi ka na nga tumubo pero bayad ka pa rin ng capital gains tax, dodoblehan ka pa ng Value Added tax.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Just have heir execute SPA ...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    wow cgt lang dati, kahit commercial properties

yang additional vat, is that due to train law?
    No idea. After ma-process na mga docs and nabayaran na CGT tsaka humirit BIR ng VAT. No choice na ako.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    How is the VAT calculated? ...
    Hindi ko na inalam. Syempre alam nyo naman saan hahantong ang 'tawaran' sa VAT.

So dapat pala, next buy ng property ipangalan na sa heir as yan naman eventually mangyayari . Hindi ka na nga tumubo pero bayad ka pa rin ng capital gains tax, dodoblehan ka pa ng Value Added tax.
    Problema if minor pa ang heir.
    Signature

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Land Donation questions