New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Here's the scenario..........

One of my friends just separated from her business partner.......And brought with her the contract of a BIG Shipping/Forwarding/Trucking company........

She doesn't have much cash and resources so she offered me the opportunity to take over the contract.......bigyan ko lang siya ng percentage sa kikitain ko........

So last Saturday We talked about it together with the operations manager of the company........

The manager handles the operations of the company.........He has around about 95-115 units of ELFs/CANTERs/MULTICABs under him.......

So we talked about everything..........from the reason why they broke their relationship with the past talyer up to his(the manager's) work in the company etc.

Nakita ko yung Income statement nung autoshop since the time na nagbukas sila until present time.........

They started as an ordinary talyer na walk-ins lang ang bumubuhay.......everything changed when nakuha nila yung contract nung Shipping company........

The only problem that I saw was medyo nahuhuli magbayad yung company although every week naman daw may collection kahit na hindi buo........meron din kasing naging problema yung talyer eh.......

Kahit na medyo late at hindi fully paid palagi magbayad yung company.......nakakabayad naman sila......Based from the past talyer's income statement kahit na 50% lang naman nung total payables for the week(weekly kasi ang collection eh) ang bayaran nila buhay na yung talyer eh

The owner of the past talyer was very unprofessional..........It all started with a business deal gone wrong and ended up with a personal conflict of the owner with one of the managers sa company..........Thus the reason for their relationship's break up

Meron pang 2 companies na willing makipagdeal sa amin........although hindi naman sila masyadong malaki........about 16 units lahat yung sa kanila

Right now I'm looking for a good location........meron na akong 3 choices eh

Sa workforce naman......yung main team(Chief Mechanic, Asst. Mechanic and Helper) nung dating talyer willing pumasok sa akin when I open up my talyer........

Sa mga parts and suppplies naman.......My friend already has a solid relationship sa mga suppliers nila........30 days ang terms nila sa mga supplier nila

I have an existing business.......Its a corporation.......I'm planning to use it when I open up the autoshop/talyer.......

In the next 2 weeks I'm about to fix everything before finalizing the deal and starting operation........

I need your reactions, opinions and suggestions regarding my situation

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Naisip ko lang:

OT: btw, i worked for a company selling auto service equipment before, so I have a little knowledge on how this works. i beg your pardon if this is a bit too long and jumbled. I'll be playing devil's advocate on some occasions too.

1. Business Objective

So your business objective is to cater to this one company right and in the process make a tidy profit? Is it feasible?

a. How many vehicles come in every week?
    b. Factor in the percentage that your friend would cut in on your profit?
    c. Is there sufficient revolving cash for you to use since payments are always delayed?
    d. Is it a secure contract? Like, they'd stay with you for the next 5 years, etc.?
    e. How much is your projected revenue per vehicle that comes in? Would it tie in with your projected expenses, on time?

2. Shop Space and Location.

a. Where would be the ideal location of the shop?
    b. Would the location be sufficient to accomodate vehicles coming in every week?
    c. Shop turnover (I.e., how many days/weeks before one vehicle leaves)

3. Garage and Auto Servicing Equipment

a. You would need to invest on equipment, hence the risk is on your part.
    b. are there specialized equipment that need to be purchased (i.e., bangko sentral needed a run-flat tire changer, etc.)

4. Shop Operations

a. Suppliers.
    b. You would need Technicians, and a service Manager.
    c. Marketing - You would need to find new account sooner or later. You can't stick with only one account.
    d. who would handle operations - security, release of vehicles, cleaning of workshop, administrative?
    e. Do you have a little know-how on handling auto workshops, or would your friend handle it for you?

5. Pricing

a. would you follow the old shop's pricing scheme? remember you have different models, either you have higher or lower overhead.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Be very careful!!
    The success of the business will depend on the shipping companies' fleet and your chief mechanic. If one suddenly goes, it can be a disaster.
    Do you trust your friend (contract)to risk your lifesavings?
    She wants a percentage for your hardwork, investment, risk?
    If you have the amount of money to "play" ok pero kung mag loan ka or education fund ng kids mo ang gagamitin mo, isip isip ka muna.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Be very careful!!
    The success of the business will depend on the shipping companies' fleet and your chief mechanic. If one suddenly goes, it can be a disaster.
    Do you trust your friend (contract)to risk your lifesavings?
    She wants a percentage for your hardwork, investment, risk?
    If you have the amount of money to "play" ok pero kung mag loan ka or education fund ng kids mo ang gagamitin mo, isip isip ka muna.

I'm about to open an Autoshop(Talyer)..........Suggestions/Opinions Please