New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IPSG_SlimShady View Post
    What's the logic of having 8 Gold Credit Cards anyway?
    Okay lang basta puro libre ang annual fees.

My BPI Gold Mastercard has been renewed and I already requested for the waiver of the annual fee. I'm just waiting for the approval. I disapproved I might terminate it.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikot View Post
    the concern about annual fees is valid.

tip: keep your credit in good standing. and when the renewal date nears, make sure your balance is zero.

then, a week or several days before the card's expiration, give your credit card company a call and tell them that you will be cancelling the card and will not be paying the annual fee anymore.

am sure they will renew the card sans the annual fee.

works for me everytime. with the stiff competition among credit card issuers, they could not afford to lose a good, obedient, paying client. they will earn more from you in the long run.

again this tip works only if you have no pending balance prior to the renewal date.

or maybe this will not work for all or with any credit card issuer...
    Think this will work on a Citibank Platinum Visa? Have a good credit standing, on time payments, no installments, and never a big spender (which I think is detriment in the banks's view). Thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Need only 1 = Amex titanium.

:fly:

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ako dalawa kasi minsan hindi tintanggap dyan sa atin iyung isa kaya maintain ko dalawa. hsbc mastercard gold, amex gold.

iyung mga tips na nabanggit dito sa thread subukan nyo okay iyon....

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    1. citibank clear- for emergency purposes only
    2. petron-bpi mastercard- for fuel only

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Tingin ko it is more of a status symbol, more than anything else.

Logically, you would get a card dahil may long-term special offers like Shell-Citibank, Petron-BPI or Caltex-HSBC, where you get 3% rebate on your petrol purchases or Mercury Drug-Citibank. Special discounts sa mga restaurants or shops; frequent users promo or 0.5% rebate on other purchases; travel mileage like BPI-NW WorldPerks et al. Or just plain convenience in paying your bills, e.g. CitibankOne so that you do not worry on the due dates, or the convenience of internet payment on other cards like BPI et al.

Pero, if you are really keen on cost of money, then you can just maintain two. One with a cut-off on the 12th, payable on the 30th, and the other with a cut-off on the 27th, payable on the 15th.

So, the trick is this:

One with a cut-off on the 12th, payable on the 30th:
    >>> You start purchasing on the 13th until the 27th (your other card's cut-off).

One with a cut-off on the 27th, payable on the 15th:
    >>> You start puchasing on the 28th until the 12th of the following month (your other card's cut-off).

For both cards, you pay more than 45 days from your initial purchase to more than 30 days from your last purchase.

With credit cards,- discipline, control, discipline, control.....

:starwars:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    style nmin ay nilalagay nmin sa credit card (beside the signature at the back) yng number ng cut-off date para mlaman mo kung anong credit card ang gagamitin mo..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    oooppps my bad! wrong thread...
    Last edited by GerardTagayty; November 11th, 2006 at 11:16 PM. Reason: sori wrong thread pano ba magbura? lol

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Citibank
    North Fork Bank
    Chinese American Bank
    Metrobank (will be expiring this month)

but im planning to cut my CC to two by the end of the year......sayang lang

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    this is a good reason...
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Okay lang basta puro libre ang annual fees.
    besides, during those times when i was a banker, we were issued a lot (i.e. aside from aig <utilities & groceries>, citibank<2-wifey & me>, hsbc<kids expenses>) of complimentary cards:

1. visa (gas & anything related to cars))
    2. mastercard (representation-regular)
    3. jcb (reserve/stand-by)
    4. mastercard-travel (hehehe travel cyempre)
    5. amex (representation-top tier)

all of which were used to promote our affiliate card company at cyempre para earnings din nila it may seem complicated at first but our bank policy back then requires us to use our affiliate cards, otherwise we can't reimburse them though, when you get used to it (as sir cvt said: discipline & control) you'll find such a system to be a good structure and actually helps in easily monitoring your finances..

right now, aig na lang natira sa mga cards dyan (and a couple of debit cards - peso & $) kasi sa aig naka-link utilities sa bahay ko and i simply remit funds to my account for payment on-line..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Ilan Credit Card n'yo?