New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikot View Post
    tip: keep your credit in good standing. and when the renewal date nears, make sure your balance is zero.

then, a week or several days before the card's expiration, give your credit card company a call and tell them that you will be cancelling the card and will not be paying the annual fee anymore.

am sure they will renew the card sans the annual fee.

works for me everytime. with the stiff competition among credit card issuers, they could not afford to lose a good, obedient, paying client. they will earn more from you in the long run.

again this tip works only if you have no pending balance prior to the renewal date.

or maybe this will not work for all or with any credit card issuer...

Kahit may balance ka pa, IT WILL WORK...I've done this with 2 of my credit cards, Citibank MC and BPI Express...actually sa BPI Express, waived pa nga ang annual fee ko for 2 years..

I presently have 4:

Citibank MC - I've had it since 1995, my first card. But I haven't used it for over 4 years, kaya I wanted to cancel it na. But everytime, sabi ng Citiphone Officer, waive na lang annual fee.

BPI Express - Eto gamit ko madalas, because of the SIP. Also, before the
    surcharge thing, cash price = card price in major appliance
    centers
    BPI Worldperks - libre lang kasi, plus I received free points, pwede i-redeem
    when you want to travel
    East West MC - libre din, but I havent used it since they mailed it to me
    (without my consent) in Feb 2006.

My technique to control spending is NEVER to bring my cards. Iniiwan ko lang sa bahay, para walang spur-of-the-moment spending splurge. Only when I've made up my mind to buy something, tsaka ko lang dadalhin.

I also prefer paying in cash to control my spending.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    I have 5 and 2 for my wife

me:
    bpi
    citibank mastercard
    citibank visa
    amex
    hsbc

wife:
    bpi
    bdo

Friendly advise. Pa cut nyo na mga credit cards nyo. Itira lang isa or 2. BPI ok. Leave HSBC. Madelay kalang ng konti tatawagan kana at ang babastos pa. Excuse me po sa mga taga HSBC. citibank malaki ang convertion rates when buying online like amazon.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    uuhhmmm 7 plastics in my wallet
    HSBC - ext from mom
    citibank visa - mine
    lanbank visa - mine

and the rest are debit cards

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Citibank Visa Platinum

ok na sana ang citibank, use it in paying all my phone n elec. bill thru online, but last month oct.14 when I made a payment for my kids educationaL plan thru online, first I thought ok na kasi may transaction number naman binigay and lumabas naman sa account activity the following day yun payment ko , last week when I'm making a f-up for the o.r. that i've paid sa plan company, sabi nila wala pa daw silang narereceived na payment ko, so I call up citibank what happen, until now under investigation pa rin another problem is yun isang online payment ko nun last oct.17, oct.25 lang nareceived ng 3rd party :down: buti na lang hindi meralco yun kundi naputulan na kami siguro ng kuryente

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I have 8. But most of the time, I'm using BPI Gold Credit or the BPI World Perks. I used to have 3 from citi but cancelled the clear mastercard, sayang kasi yung monthly. Also HSBC Visa Gold and Standard Chartered Gold. You should really have a good financial discipline when using your card. I'm lucky to have a good manager in the person of my wife. hehehe. I'm maintaining it just for emergency. Better if you can have a credit line of 3 Million, kahit isang card na lang. hehehe. Well, with that credit line, you can even buy a luxury car on the spot.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikot View Post
    tip: keep your credit in good standing. and when the renewal date nears, make sure your balance is zero.

then, a week or several days before the card's expiration, give your credit card company a call and tell them that you will be cancelling the card and will not be paying the annual fee anymore.

am sure they will renew the card sans the annual fee.

works for me everytime.
    You can only call that bluff if it is really not a hassle to you to lose your card. Especially if you already earned a high credit limit for that card, you don't want to go back and start with the minimum credit limit all over again.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ^o.a. naman * 3M credit line

kamusta nman yon LOL

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hala mag amex black ka na lang! hehehehe! unlimited spending limit... the ctach is my minimum spending... and one cant just apply for it dapat i alok sayo ng amex..

CCs the devil in plastic! hahahaha!!! so tempting to spend pag may hawak kang CC hahahaha!! i have learned my lesson.. hahahaha! it makes life so convinient pero may downside talaga pag gastador.. hahahaha!

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    i actually use my CCs for most of my purchases .. para recorded yung mga gastos ko .. kung may cash kasi ako sa bulsa .. nauubos lang hindi ko alam kung bakit .. pero full bayad yan which i pay online once the statement comes in .. i have visa for personals, shell-mc for gas, diners and amex when i travel just to make sure i'm covered ...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I only have one, which is sufficient for my needs since I only use it to pay for my utility bills for convenience. Dito sa probinsya di pa gaano ka-widespread ang gamit ng credit card, I don't even use mine when I buy the groceries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Ilan Credit Card n'yo?