New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    citibank master = for gas only
    citibank visa = for anything i need to purchase for the office, or emergencies which has yet to happen, or twice/thrice used it on a personal item to avoid lugging around cash, which of course I pay for in full.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i have 2,VISA en DINNERS-mahirap mag dala ng cash...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ala po ba yung credit card na "utang dapat kalimutan" ang term?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i have quite a number of them. masyado lang talagang tempting to use. kahit ako pinipigilan ko sarili ko gamitin un kc mahirap magbayad, ang taas pa ng interest rate. for emergency purposes, enough na ung 2 credit cards. ung ibang cards ko kusa na lang dumadating sa akin then after a year pinapa-cancel ko na. i also limit my purchases up to P5K only per card. parusa din ang annual fee. marami kasi uses ang credit card -- pang-travel, gasoline stations, malls, restaurants, hospitals, etc.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xto View Post
    it is my decision not to have any nanghihinayang kasi ko sa

annual fee. hindi ka pa umuutang me utang ka na.
    the concern about annual fees is valid.

tip: keep your credit in good standing. and when the renewal date nears, make sure your balance is zero.

then, a week or several days before the card's expiration, give your credit card company a call and tell them that you will be cancelling the card and will not be paying the annual fee anymore.

am sure they will renew the card sans the annual fee.

works for me everytime. with the stiff competition among credit card issuers, they could not afford to lose a good, obedient, paying client. they will earn more from you in the long run.

again this tip works only if you have no pending balance prior to the renewal date.

or maybe this will not work for all or with any credit card issuer...
    Last edited by tsikot; November 10th, 2006 at 05:51 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikot View Post

tip: keep your credit in good standing. and when the renewal date nears, make sure your balance is zero.

then, a week or several days before the card's expiration, give your credit card company a call and tell them that you will be cancelling the card and will not be paying the annual fee anymore.

works for me everytime. with the stiff competition among credit card issuers, they could not afford to lose a good, obedient, paying client. they will earn more from you in the long run.

again this tip works only if you have no pending balance prior to the renewal date.

tnx for the tip papa tsikot. i try it.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    6 CCs:
    5 sa BPI (card for internet purchases, BPI-Northwest, Express Credit, Edge Mastercard, Edge Mini)
    ---> Ewan ko ba sa BPI, sandamukal pinadala sa akin amp. Hindi ko naman hinihingi.
    1 sa Citibank (Cashback)

Ginagamit ko lang credit cards ko when travelling abroad, and big purchases para hindi na ako nagdadala ng malaking cash. Then bayad agad sa bank.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1 citibank visa - for emergency use din lang... tsaka earning some points para ma avail later pag mataas na

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikot View Post

this also works for me and my wife and we never had any problems with annual fees. i used to have 3 credit cards but i only keep one now..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Citibank Gold Visa - I love this card... lots of discounts from stores (20% off on Italliani's, Outback, Fish & Co.) and you have a free coincerge & messengerial service! I love the online access so that I can check out my purchases the next day to verify.

myDream JCB - I got this for convenience since I can pay it via internet banking.

Prudentialife - Equitable Visa - I had this card for over 5 years now (my first one) because am a planholder of Prudentialife.

I also have some other mailed to me (pre-approved). Hehe. But I am not planning to use them.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Ilan Credit Card n'yo?