New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yeah meeting place is another thing to deal with

years ago matiyaga ako

payag ako sa mga mrt stations since convenient pa noon mag mrt

now with traffic and overcrowded unreilable mrt pinapapunta ko nalang ang buyer sa amin or nearby fastfood/coffee shop

or kung payag ung buyer bayad muna siya sa bangko then i-ship ko sa kanya ang item

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Sold a couple of used cellphones on olx ... yeah, there are a lot of lowballers ... posted an item 11T fixed price and a lot of people kept on asking for last price ... so increased the price to 12T ... and voila! sold the item for 11T ...

Lazada shipping is not really free all the time ... some olx sellers also post on Lazada but at a higher price to compensate for the free shipping cost and Lazada's commission ...
    Last edited by Walter; January 20th, 2018 at 01:44 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Lazada shipping is not really free all the time ... some olx sellers also post on Lazada but at a higher price to compensate for the free shipping cost and Lazada's commission ...
    Yes aside from shipping, may commission pa ang lazada

So as a lazada seller you gotta have a higher margin than if were selling the same item on olx
    Last edited by uls; January 20th, 2018 at 01:51 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Personally when buying items online, yung posted price usually yun na din transacted amount namin. I don't haggle kahit 100 pesos.

Simula elementary days ko buy and sell na ako ng cellphones and yung 100 pesos napakalaking bagay na noon. Nasanay na akong hindi tumatawad ng presyo. Kaya nga kapag may kausap akong suppliers dito sa office, i don't haggle. I just tell them to give me their best price nalang kaagad.

Pero ang hindi ko makakalimutan almost 7 years ago, i sold an android tablet then met up sa santa cruz, manila. Hindi ko naman ineexpect na mag-reimburse pa siya for the transportation going to the meet up place and yung pa-uwi ko. Sabi ko nga 20 pesos lang kasi 1 ride lang papunta tska pauwi from the meeting place. Tapos he gave me 50 pesos nalang para daw may pang-drinks ako going home. Sabi ko nga hindi niya tinawaran yung item, tapos binigyan pa ako ng reimbursement but he insisted talaga.

Nakakatuwa lang din yung experience kasi hindi ko naisip na maiisip pa ng tao yung hassle going to the meeting place aside from the deal itself. Kaya now everytime na may meet-up whether i'm buying/selling, i make sure na atleast bilhan sila ng food/drinks kasi i know it will go a long way paying forward.

BTT: Using OLX/TipidPC/TipidCP as my medium of buying/selling. Halos lahat naman dyan maraming barat na buyer. But if hindi ka nagmamadaling mabenta yung item, just ignore them. Kasi usually sila yung nag-aabang ng steal price for reselling. Marami din kasi kumakagat sa lowballed price kasi iniisip nila na baka hindi nila mabenta yung item agad, wala nang bibili sa susunod or they need cash asap.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'm so happy. I had my first carousell transaction. I posted the item last night and was able to sell it in less than 24 hrs! I noticed that none of the sellers go for meet ups anymore. Sa bagay, risky if the buyer is a no show, but then I am also not comfortable giving my home address. It does give a sense of security for the buyer so okay na rin. She asked me if she can book the lala/grab so I said okay.

Such a far cry from the buy and sell days na you post your landline sa buy and sell PAPER and then you get calls sa landline then you have to wait for when the buyer comes to visit or meet up with you. Yun lang, tiwala lang talaga sa seller na transfer money agad. Naalala ko pa when I used to order mixed tapes/CDs, ihahatid pa sa bahay. Hindi kaya lugi pa sila sa gas :P

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    Pero ang hindi ko makakalimutan almost 7 years ago, i sold an android tablet then met up sa santa cruz, manila. Hindi ko naman ineexpect na mag-reimburse pa siya for the transportation going to the meet up place and yung pa-uwi ko. Sabi ko nga 20 pesos lang kasi 1 ride lang papunta tska pauwi from the meeting place. Tapos he gave me 50 pesos nalang para daw may pang-drinks ako going home. Sabi ko nga hindi niya tinawaran yung item, tapos binigyan pa ako ng reimbursement but he insisted talaga.

Nakakatuwa lang din yung experience kasi hindi ko naisip na maiisip pa ng tao yung hassle going to the meeting place aside from the deal itself. Kaya now everytime na may meet-up whether i'm buying/selling, i make sure na atleast bilhan sila ng food/drinks kasi i know it will go a long way paying forward.
    The world would be such a better place if everyone had that sort of courtesy

Totoo yung sa barat. Yung item ko costs more of less P20k brand new and I was selling it for less than P4k (thrice used). Kita naman nila may tag price pa. May tumatawad pa ng P2.5k hahahah! Napapa iling na lang talaga ako.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Dami ding lowballer sa FB marketplace.
    Mostly agent seller at mga bayan sellers naka standby for new postings.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sold a lot of stuff online via Carousell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think the person who bought my item will use it for a while then resell it, kasi I saw her carousell profile and she is an online seller talaga and not the declutter type lang hehe

I find it rude pa yung iba wala man lang hi or hello, ang first message amount or last price. Kapag ganyan ayoko ng ka deal.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Sold a lot of used items sa carousell.

Also sold items i bought in bulk from aliexpress - was trying to be an online seller. Have You Tried Selling Items Online? - 10 dashcam mounts for $3 each.

Sold for $5 each.

Even sold an Elvis bust I got from a Pub that closed down.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast